PDA

View Full Version : MAC 3 round burst???

BCG05
10-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I've seen alot of interest in slowing down the cyclic rate of macs on here. What's the possibility of modifying the selector on them to include a third (racheting?)3 round burst position? I know the M16's, FNC's, H&K's, and several others have this as an option. Is this possible, I know I'd be interested...John

Glockdude1
10-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Class 3 Macs fire from a open bolt. M16's & AK-47's fire from a closed bolt. I have never heard of any open bolt weapon that had a 3rd burst option.

:heavy

chili17
10-23-2005, 05:40 AM
file down the trip until it just barrly hits the bolt in S/A mode. SMG mode will still be the same. After some trial and error you will start to get 2-4rd burst with the gun set on semi. This is very hard on the sear notch on the front of the bolt though.

ottosear
10-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Glock Dude, your speaking my language ! I wished for a 3 RD. burst on my MAC 10/.45 as well. The only way it looks possible is to add length to the front of the upper. The burst selector would go on the upper. The bolt would be relieved at the disconnector. It would work like this...the main selector is on semi, the burst selector is on burst. The bolt goes forward, hits a plunger as it fires a round. It does this 2 more times, then, a spacer slides into the area on the bolt relief. It hits the disconnector and the bolt stays back. SIMPLE. Now its your job to make the prototype!! :buttkick your pal, OTTO!

Glockdude1
10-23-2005, 11:46 AM
ottosear,

I would LOVE to try and make a 3rd burst option for open bolt macs. I don't have access to a nice machine shop. I will work on continuing my "bump firing" technique on my semi-auto MPA .45!!

:50_cal

BCG05
10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey Otto,
Come up with some schematics on your burst system, I've got access to the machine shop. Anyone know whether this would need to be approved by big brother?

ottosear
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Guys, I only come up with ideas. The execution is for the engineers to make work. LOL. While were at it, did I ever tell you about my new idea... Putting a weed whip on the front left wheel of my riding mower!! SEE, SIMPLE!! THANX, OTTO!!

Brian Ski
10-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BCG05
Hey Otto,
Come up with some schematics on your burst system, I've got access to the machine shop. Anyone know whether this would need to be approved by big brother?

As long as it is a legal full auto there should be no problem... and you are not doing severe changes to the reciever...

Glockdude1
10-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Brian Ski
As long as it is a legal full auto there should be no problem... and you are not doing severe changes to the reciever...

Yes, this would be for current class 3 guns.

:heavy

Bunker Hill
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I've got one...it's called trigger control. :D

ELVIS
10-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I agree with the trigger control thing, but! People with MACs would benefit from a 3rnd option. Try and shoot three rounds from a SWD M11 in 9 or .380. Hell a M10 in .45 is not easy. 4 yes 5 easy, 3 HARD. Even with a suppressor. I think the slowfire conversion is probably your best bet.

Brian Ski
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I agree with the trigger control thing, but! People with MACs would benefit from a 3rnd option. Try and shoot three rounds from a SWD M11 in 9 or .380. Hell a M10 in .45 is not easy. 4 yes 5 easy, 3 HARD. Even with a suppressor. I think the slowfire conversion is probably your best bet.

1 easy... Just put it on semi!!! :D

Garrett
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Bunker Hill
+1

Doubles & triples are easy on a MAC10. Singles are a bit harder

Mike85220
10-27-2005, 04:18 AM
I would buy one if it was offered for sale. Why? 3 shot burst is almost impossible to attain in a real firefight. If you are getting shot at, there goes trigger control. Even if someone is charging you with a knife, forget it.

Glockdude1
10-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike85220
I would buy one if it was offered for sale. Why? 3 shot burst is almost impossible to attain in a real firefight. If you are getting shot at, there goes trigger control. Even if someone is charging you with a knife, forget it.

If someone is charging at me with a knife, and I am holding my Mac 10 ready to go, I will gladly give that person all 30rds........They will stop.......

:D

Mike85220
10-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Lol, true that.
If it is a one opponent situation, then ammo is no consideration.

BCG05
10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread, there's 2 M10's on GA for $2400. There's also a M11 with a bunch of stuff for $2500. Thought you guys would like first crack at 'em, I put it on Steals & Deals.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15321

DmULibRoles
07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
maybe this could be a job for Mr. Lage??? i think this would be cool with the stock upper...

DmULibRoles
07-23-2006, 07:17 PM
oh yea.. Hi im new :) great board here. just borught my first MG m11/9

Vegas SMG
07-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your first full auto! Lots of guys start with a M11/9 or MAC10 as their first title 2 gun. Be warned, it gets more expensive from here and it's difficult to stop. :)

07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
:jester Let me tell you about the time I shot a 3 rnd burst and got a 3 inch group with my mac 10. I shot 3 rounds and hit three targets and when I laid the three targets on top of each other I had a three inch group.

Energizer
07-23-2006, 08:05 PM
If someone is charging at me with a knife, and I am holding my Mac 10 ready to go, I will gladly give that person all 30rds 50rds........They will stop.......

fixed it for ya...

07-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Good Job Energizer

Glockdude1
07-23-2006, 09:10 PM
fixed it for ya...

:beer :jester

DmULibRoles
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your first full auto! Lots of guys start with a M11/9 or MAC10 as their first title 2 gun. Be warned, it gets more expensive from here and it's difficult to stop. :)

lol thanks, tell me about it. i havnt even got my form4 back and im looking into a Mac10 or Sten. trying to tell myself that i can wait till tax reund next year in Feb but man its hard convincing myself:jester

Vegas SMG
07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
See? You're already addicted! What you don't spend on ammo and accessories will go for new machine guns. You'll live in a shack, walk to work, eat Ramon noodles three times a day.... Yep, it's already too late. :jester

macaholic
07-24-2006, 01:17 AM
I agree. Tri burst on a Mac? I have no problem pulling doubles on demand. Practice a little more on burst management instead of mag dumps and it may become a little easier to produce fewer rounds per pull of the trigger. It's not really all that hard.

macaholic
07-24-2006, 01:26 AM
+1

Doubles & triples are easy on a MAC10. Singles are a bit harder
Doubles can be done on an M11/9 as well. I do it all the time, If you want to produce singles, try useing Reminton revolver ammo in the green box and you just may see good results. Of course practice works wonders as well.

Glockdude1
07-24-2006, 11:40 AM
See? You're already addicted! What you don't spend on ammo and accessories will go for new machine guns. You'll live in a shack, walk to work, eat Ramon noodles three times a day.... Yep, it's already too late. :jester

No more going out, no more movies, all of a sudden you find your self thinking, 150,000 miles is not bad for my old truck............. ;)

:jester

rockpup
07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
my 9mm m10 upper fires slow enough I can get single shots off, probably helps that I've run 1200+ rounds through the .45 upper and can get down to a 2/3 shot burst even with the can on.

A lighter trigger would help, but I'm not sure how you'd safely do that considering how the mac works.

DmULibRoles
07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
No more going out, no more movies, all of a sudden you find your self thinking, 150,000 miles is not bad for my old truck............. ;)

"she will not notice that 3k missing form the bank...again":angel

m11stuff@hotmail.com
07-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I made a drop in burst device a couple of years ago. It had interchangeable cams to provide either 2 or 3 round burst. I wasn't thrilled with the performance. I was expecting tight groups, that didn't happen. You can see for yourself by only loading 3 rounds into your magazine and shooting for group size on a paper target. One round will hit at point of aim, the other two will be higher. Of course, what I wanted was tight "cloverleaf" three round groups :).

I also made a closed bolt conversion a while back. It utilized a semi auto hammer for firing. Increased recoil was horribly annoying and there was no first round accuracy gain. Advanced Primer Ignition does occur in the M-11/9 and the proof is in the decreased recoil when firing in open bolt configuration.

Richard Lage
Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
www.max-11.com

Mike85220
07-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Here is a possibility...
The caseless rifle from H&K ups the cyclic rate when it is on the 3 shot burst so that the grouping is tighter. It shoots so fast you feel the recoil after the 3 round cycle.

I wonder if that 3 shot burst cam along with a MAC Jack may offer up a better 3 shot group.

Glockdude1
07-30-2006, 01:16 PM
The G11: http://www.hkpro.com/g11.htm

http://www.hkpro.com/image/g11brochure.jpg

meshmdz
07-31-2006, 04:14 PM
If someone is charging at me with a knife, and I am holding my Mac 10 ready to go, I will gladly give that person all 30rds........They will stop.......

dont know if you know this or not, but if a person with a knife is within 20 feet of you with their blade drawn, and you dont have your gun drawn. they will get to you faster than you will get your gun out. if they are within 20 feet, they are going to be on you with that knife.

so i say run, get out the mac10, then shoot. :gym

Glockdude1
07-31-2006, 04:26 PM
dont know if you know this or not, but if a person with a knife is within 20 feet of you with their blade drawn, and you dont have your gun drawn. they will get to you faster than you will get your gun out. if they are within 20 feet, they are going to be on you with that knife.

so i say run, get out the mac10, then shoot. :gym

I know that drill. It is very true. When I went thru firearms training at F.L.E.T.C in GA, we used rubber knives with red markers on the tip. All of us had "red marks" all over us by the end of the day......

:ak

xcpd69
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM
I know that drill. It is very true. When I went thru firearms training at F.L.E.T.C in GA, we used rubber knives with red markers on the tip. All of us had "red marks" all over us by the end of the day......

:ak

I also learned this 20 years ago in a CLEET class in Oklahoma. Spooky.

One thing needs to be pointed out, the 21 foot rule only holds if the asssailant is starting from a standing stopped position. If he is moving already, the threat length is somewhat extended.

Best defense is to back pedal diagonally while drawing. This forces him to change directions AND gives you added time. Just be "situationally aware" of your surroundings so you don't "backpedal" into something.

Lonny

macaholic
08-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I've seen alot of interest in slowing down the cyclic rate of macs on here. What's the possibility of modifying the selector on them to include a third (racheting?)3 round burst position? I know the M16's, FNC's, H&K's, and several others have this as an option. Is this possible, I know I'd be interested...John
Practice trigger controle and you should be able to consistantly pull doubles all day long on just about any Mac.

BCG05
08-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Practice trigger controle and you should be able to consistantly pull doubles all day long on just about any Mac.

Your exactly right, I've even pulled a few singles out of my M10/9, doubles are pretty easy out of my M11/9. But I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 round bursts out of my M11A1. Little suckers a buzzsaw, but I love it!!! :50_cal

BTW welcome back. :welcome Sorry if we were a little harsh on ya' before, I've always been a prick, it was nothing personal. :fart

macaholic
08-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Your exactly right, I've even pulled a few singles out of my M10/9, doubles are pretty easy out of my M11/9. But I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 round bursts out of my M11A1. Little suckers a buzzsaw, but I love it!!! :50_cal

BTW welcome back. :welcome Sorry if we were a little harsh on ya' before, I've always been a prick, it was nothing personal. :fart
Thanks for the reply BCGO5. I'm glad to see the Mac is working alright for you. I think a lot of us own and shoot an assortment of different subguns and when we get use to a certain model ,we expect every other gun to shoot and perform the same way. I started out on a Mac 10 and back in those days I could'nt see where guys were saying the Mac was uncontrolable and too fast because I thought the Uzi's and swedish K's were too slow and still do. I personaly like the cyclic rate of the Mac especialy at close range where it is most effective. I feel the Mac is the SMG that seperates the men from the boys because it takes a certain amount of aquierd skill to operate properly just like it takes an experienced race car driver to handel a double A fueled dragster. In other words, it's no entry level subgun but quite the opposite. And by the way, nothing personel was taken and thanks again for the input and exchange of ideas.

Parabellum
08-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I have seen a 3rd burst on a Mac before, i cant remember if it was a 10 or a 11 but it was 9mm. it was just Safe/3rd burst tho. was cool when the guy brought it out, all the sudden i hear BUUURT in the booth next to me and you see all the guys at the range stick their heads out to take a look. :)