PDA

View Full Version : How to get started?

STWPANZER
12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Like many of you I love Military type Fire Arms. I would love to have a Galil , but the ones I find are not even close to my price range. what would your advice on getting one , a parts kit or a cheaper clone? It has to be a semi as well. Would prefer the 5.56.

Thanks

John

Surly
12-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Either start saving, use a credit card, or find them locally and use the lay-away plan. That's what I do. I've paid off the credit cards and only use them for emergencies (firearms no longer meet the emergency criteria for me). :D

Brian Ski
12-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Surly
Either start saving, use a credit card, or find them locally and use the lay-away plan. That's what I do. I've paid off the credit cards and only use them for emergencies (firearms no longer meet the emergency criteria for me). :D

I would skip the CCs... Nothing but trouble... But My credit union is running a Christmas special 7% Can't touch that with a bank...

Been thinking about it.... Maybe it will keep me out of trouble... :devil

Surly
12-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I got a fortune in my fortune cookie the other day that said Debt is a suductive liar. It does apply to credit, that's for sure. :D

Oswald2001
12-17-2005, 10:53 PM
You could get a second job, cut down on expenses, use a ledger to see where all the money goes.

Cut down on soda, coffee, junk food, videos, movies and all that for a while.

You can afford a Galil if you really want to. Determine it in you heart and you will have it. :cool

Not only that, but, you will have gained some life skills and wisdom along the way.

This way you'll have a very fine firearm and the wisdom, skills and discipline you acquired in order to get it can continue to pay off for the rest of your life.

You can have a Galil. It's really up to you. ;)

BTW, enjoy your Galil! :D

cvasqu03
12-18-2005, 02:06 AM
I know this is not really what you want, but you could buy a .223 Saiga, and do a US parts conversion using a Galil style folding stock and forend. You could then use German 30rd AK 223 mags, which have the same curve as the Galil mags.

You wouldn't get the Galil style sights, or handle. It wouldn't actually be a Galil, but it would be a nice AK in the same caliber, and a lot cheaper.