PDA

View Full Version : Micro kit for sale on GunBroker.com

unotis
02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I saw a Micro Galil kit for sale on GunBroker.com for $940.00. The owner says all you need is to provide a receiver and you're good to go.

I've always wanted a Micro Galil but, does this make any sense?

Is that price too high and how would I find a receiver to put in it and what would that cost?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:bang

philasteen
02-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Bear in mind that if you do go to the trouble of having this kit built, you need to replace the full auto fire control group with semi parts as well as register the gun as a SBR.

unotis
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
That part I realized. I would also need to find out where to purchase those items.

Does anyone know what all I would need to make a S/A SBR out of this setup?

A total of the parts and where to purchase?

Any help would also be greatly appreciated.:silly

Subgun6
02-09-2006, 01:34 PM
you may want to hold out for a little while as they are trying to get a group buy over at weaponeer on these kits for around 800$

unotis
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Okay, just let me know when that happens and maybe at the same time the total parts needed would be posted also.:)

jmikesteen
02-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Can you give us a link to weaponeer subgun6 and hey Phil, when are you coming to FL

philasteen
02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey JMikeSteen I'll be around in two weeks or so. As you probably saw I have that full auto SAR to test out. I'll let you know.

DayWalker
03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
The kits are NOT complete, I repeat, they are not complete. The stock and folding knuckle are for a standard galil reciever. If you purchase the kit and have a ORF micro galil reciever, the stock will not work. Also, it doesn't come with the correct linkage to make the left side selector work properly (forward to fire, back for safe). It also doesn't come with the micro buffer for the recoil rod. After I finally sourced the correct parts (minus the selector linkage that I can't find anywhere), it would have just been easier to buy the BGARMORY kits they have for 2k.

Mine is at Sledgehammer Arms Works being built up. I am worried that there are some other parts that I am missing or incorrect that I just don't know about.

DW

jimtash
03-05-2006, 09:00 AM
The kits are NOT complete, I repeat, they are not complete. The stock and folding knuckle are for a standard galil reciever. If you purchase the kit and have a ORF micro galil reciever, the stock will not work. Also, it doesn't come with the correct linkage to make the left side selector work properly (forward to fire, back for safe). It also doesn't come with the micro buffer for the recoil rod. After I finally sourced the correct parts (minus the selector linkage that I can't find anywhere), it would have just been easier to buy the BGARMORY kits they have for 2k.

Mine is at Sledgehammer Arms Works being built up. I am worried that there are some other parts that I am missing or incorrect that I just don't know about.

DW

Relax man. Even if it's not 100% who cares. As long as YOU enjoy it then that's all that matters. Is mine a true Micro, no because I have to use a regular folder. If one day I happen to come across the Micro folder parts, then sure I'll buy them and make mine into a true Micro and if not so what. I still like it and it's still badass and worrying too much about it just takes the fun out. Jim

http://www.image4u.org/jimtash/2003_0101Image0105.JPG

DayWalker
03-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Jim - the purpose of the post was to let everyone know that you can't just buy the kit and a mar reciever and be good to go on a build. From what I read on the thread, it didn't appear that anyone knew it was missing parts. Just trying to save others the same pain in the ass I went through. If I could have done it all over again, I would have just spent the money on the BGArmory kit since it is complete.

DW

danh
03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Who's micro galil kits are not complete or correct? Was thinking about getting one and Orf micro receiver to make sbr. Also who is BG Armory?

Brian Ski
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Evertime this thread comes up Micro kit for sale on GunBroker.comI keep thinking it is a Micro Uzi kit... And have to read it!!!

DayWalker
03-21-2006, 06:15 PM
The Micro Galil kit that Gunsmith47 is selling on gunbroker is not complete. The MAR kits are not listed right now but he will relist them soon (he does this periodically). I bought the exact kit he is/was selling and it is a mix of standard galil parts and micro galil parts. To avoid the hassles I went through I would get the MAR kit from BG Armory :

http://www.bgarmory.com/micro_galil.htm

DW

kmw1970
03-22-2006, 10:12 PM
The Micro Galil kit that Gunsmith47 is selling on gunbroker is not complete. The MAR kits are not listed right now but he will relist them soon (he does this periodically). I bought the exact kit he is/was selling and it is a mix of standard galil parts and micro galil parts. To avoid the hassles I went through I would get the MAR kit from BG Armory :

http://www.bgarmory.com/micro_galil.htm

DW

Blast it DW, warn a fellar when you link to something like that! Negev! :tongue