PDA

View Full Version : HadarII to Galil for around $2K project.

Surly
02-24-2006, 05:13 AM
After basically being told "NO"(being told how much $$$ I'll need to spend) by some guy at ARS and a local norwegian machinist, I finally got the portion of the barrel where the front sight base/gas block combo resides turned down by the guys at Jack First parts. As I had thought all along, a four-jaw chuck would suffice for cradling the receiver as opposed to being told that it will need to be unbarreled (by ARS) or that a center will have to fabricated (by one of the local bone-headed norwegians) to conduct the 10 minute operation. I guess some insist on learning to crawl before they walk.:slap

I now need to get the gear to thread the barrel 9/16"x24LH and add a flash hider. I know, the Galil uses a 13mmx1.0 thread, but I want to have more of a variety for muzzle attachments and there are no places that have the die and thread alignment tool to do the 13's. I've made attempts to contact Dyna Systems, or whatever they call themselves, and basically got to "NO" by not getting a response. I suppose the norwegian business ethic has gotten the better of them too. It spreads like a virus!

I need to go out and get in a good test fire session really soon though. And when it finally starts to warm up, a good coat of Alumahyde II will get applied to spiff it up a bit, maybe. I'm still under the $2K mark on this and I'll be able to fire the ever-living crap out of it with the $3K that I've saved! (http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15895):) This is where I'm at thus far:

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/12785galil-med.JPG

K.O.A.M.
02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Congrats on the project. I'd been scared off by the commonly accepted internet wisdom that it was impossible absent having the conversion parts already in hand. There's a Hadar on Gunbroker that was $1k yesterday, in case you want to start another one.

Surly
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Congrats on the project. I'd been scared off by the commonly accepted internet wisdom that it was impossible absent having the conversion parts already in hand. There's a Hadar on Gunbroker that was $1k yesterday, in case you want to start another one.

Thanks! I'm happy with the one and, fortunately enough for me, the conversion parts were in the package deal. :)