PDA

View Full Version : ACE Ltd. Pistol Grips

Sayeret Shaldag
12-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Guys,

I recieved two ACE Ltd. Galil pistol grips several days ago and am a bit dissapointed. I have been hearing about ACE for some time with regard to AR-15 stocks and I assumed their products were of high quality. This is certainly not the case with regard to the Galil pistol grips I recieved. It almost looks as if the grips were never finished or cleaned up. The method of manufacture of these grips seems like some kind of cheap casting as opposed to the original Galil pistol grips which were more uniform and clean in their appearance. Notice the bubbling on the saftety engagement area of the left grip and the tops of both the grips which look NOTHING alike. I am grateful someone is providing us kit builders a US made Galil pistol grips and they will work, but they could be finished much nicer. I hate how I have to always add in some sweet, PC statement about how grateful I am to all these unprofessional outfits. I am grateful, but at the same time I feel like ACE is taking advantage of the fact that they are the only ones making this "replica" (my ass) grip by producing a sub standard product. Can anyone recommend a method for cleaning the up and smoothing them out? I might return the one on the left, but that is gonna be a pain. Phone calls and a post office trip over a $20.00 + shipping grip. Just left these guys a phone message we will see if they call back.
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7964&stc=1&d=1164986256
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7965&stc=1&d=1164987046

Oswald2001
12-01-2006, 10:55 AM
I know what you mean.

How about using these while searching for better alternatives?

When you find something you like, you could sell the Ace grips.

I know it's a hassle, but when the dust settles, you are gonna have a couple of really cool Galils.

BTW, did you try Vulcan for IMI pistol grips?

Sayeret Shaldag
12-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Yup look at my other post Oswald. Get on the web and order yours from Vulcan now. Oswald when are you gonna add an avatar? I enjoy reading your posts and it would be nice to have some sort of picture to go with your name.

Oswald2001
12-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Sayeret Shaldag,

You may want to try this guy.

JYuzamas@aol.com

He just emailed me that he may have an R4 pistol grip left.

I have bought from him before with good results.

jmikesteen
12-02-2006, 05:32 AM
I will second JYuzamas, I have done a lot of biz with him good guy also try ontgun1@yahoo.com they are in CA and have tons of parts.

Sayeret Shaldag
12-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys I will look into those options.

Ugh!
12-04-2006, 08:24 AM
I will second JYuzamas, I have done a lot of biz with him good guy also try ontgun1@yahoo.com they are in CA and have tons of parts.

+1 for both of these guys. I've done about a dozen transactions between the two of them and all have gone well!

jetskrtal
12-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Northridge has Galil pistol grips for $10 .I bought 2 and they were in excellent condition!!

944turbo
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Has anyone ordered the pistol grip shown on Vulcan Armament's web site? I want something better than the one made by ACE. Thanks for the review S-S!

Oh, and I bought 2 kits. SARCO and The Dealer Warehouse advertised them in the latest Shotgun News.

suka5168
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Another -1 for ACE.

Sub-Total: $29.00
USPS Priority Mail, Small Items under $100.00 (USPS Priority Mail for small items under $100.00 such as pistols grips, sling swivels, receiver blocks, small accessories and parts $4.50
Total: $33.50

Well my card was charged $34. Its only 50 cents but poor ethics. Two quaters was promised in the mail. We will see.

Sidewinder
04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't know what's going on with Ace's flawed grips, but I ordered one a couple of week ago and it was in perfect condition. I would send them back and ask for handpick or refund plus cost of return shipping.