PDA

View Full Version : Jeff @ Vulcan

Sayeret Shaldag
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Guys,

I have been having some really positive experiences with Vulcan Armament. I am expecting an ARM Plastic handguard from them today and I am sure it will be mint as advertised. I have been having trouble locating the early style bipod retaining pin and e-clip, but sure enough Vulcan had it.:hyper Anyway I went a lil' crazy and splurged on some other items as well. It was not advertised as they thought they were out, but they even had one remaining AR/ ARM length Tacitcal Gas Tube w/ Picatinny Rail. I figure why not give it a try. Any of you guys try this component out in the past? So I figure with the rail I can just slap an Aimpoint on a Larue mount on there and have a wicked looking modernized Galil.:evilgrin

Jeff @ Vulcan has told me he is here to help if anyone needs parts. Or you can talk to Tanya if you know what you want. Their phone number is (651)-451-5956.

jmikesteen
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
It's funny that that just happened to you on the gas tube. I just this morning emailed jeff about if he had anymore of the longer 9.25 inch tubes and he has not yet replied. Here is the one you just bought and the extension for it as well. It is my favorite mounting system.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/jmikesteen/my386.jpg

a few othershttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/jmikesteen/galilscopemts.jpg

Sayeret Shaldag
12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Awesome jmikesteen!!

Seems like you have almost every mount ever made for the Galil. I assume you like the quality of the Vulcan Tactical Gas Block? Does the extension come with it and if not will I be ok without it?

jmikesteen
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Vulcan didn't make these. I think he got them from Botach back in the day, that is where I got mine. No the extension does not come with it but most any Pic rail extension will fit. You can only mount forward mounts without the extension. I also had a SUIT mount but sold it with the scope about 1 month ago, you can get SUIT mounts from this guy for about $70 bucks then sell them on ebay for $300

http://www.scopetica.com/

Sayeret Shaldag
12-07-2006, 06:25 PM
jmikesteen,

In your opinion is the gas cylinder of high quality? What is the SUIT mount? I am sorry but am a Galil optic mount noob. Thanks

jmikesteen
12-07-2006, 07:19 PM
We actualy call this mount a gas tube mount rather than block. But yes, very high quality. I had trouble getting it to fit my 361 but it fits my 386 perfectly. There is a good thread here on the Trilux S.U.I.T. scope. It was used by the British on the L1A1 and by the IDF on the FAL and the Galil.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6755

boscoman
12-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I talked with Tanya today & was informed that there are no more of these tubes for ARs & they have no intension of making/getting anymore.

jmikesteen
12-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Wanta hear something weird? Someone on here posted about blackthorne products (thanks very much) and I went to the site to order a rear handguard hanger and low and behold there is the AR/ARM Tactical gas tube. Ordered both parts, tube was $85.00 honestly about what I paid Back 7-8 years ago. Anyway I was going to come here and link you guys to the site and guess what , not listed anymore, just the SAR version like the otehr sight but still a LOT cheaper. Anyway I went back to my receipt and it says AR/ARM for sure

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x rear holder, handguard (G-00.707.0081) = $45.00
1 x Galil Tactical gas tube for AR, ARM (G-A-14) = $85.00

So we shall see, someone ought to call them to see if there are anymore.
Good luck, I guess I got lucky, but knowing my luck it will be a SAR tube :-)
Mike

Oswald2001
12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
If you end up with an SAR tube, it may be a 'sign' to build an SAR.

boscoman
12-13-2006, 05:56 PM
cant find Blackthorne on the net, how about that link or a phone #.

boscoman
12-13-2006, 06:06 PM
I found a listing finally for Blackstone products that came to a site called AK/AR Parts Kits. They also came up as Vulcan Arms. I found that interesting because all of the accessories that they list are Vulcan Arms products.

jmikesteen
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes there is another thread that tells all about the Vulcan connection but no one has had problems with their parts shipments just their complete rifles. I myself have no 1st hand experence except for an accs order 4-5 years ago I placed with vulcan which was shipped promptly
http://www.blackthorneproducts.com/

You know Oswald, That is a great attitude, I like it!!!!!

Oswald2001
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, getting an SAR tube mount when you had your heart set on an AR does seem to me to be the hand of providence.

Possibly the Universe is conspiring for you to have BOTH!

I always say, "Why argue with the Universe?" :jester

I can't help wondering what Art Bell might make of this.

Sayeret Shaldag
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Nice jmikesteen good score!! I got mine today and will post a pic. shortly. The tactical gas tube is heavy and solid. Overall the quality seems to be outstanding. I lost control again today and ordered a mint AR parts kit. I have a serious illness.:silly Oswald is right when he says that in a few years all these items may well be gone. Stock Up Now!!

jmikesteen
12-13-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't like the looks of this, I went back to the sight to see what the part number on the SAR tube is and it is the same as the one they show on my invoice.

Oswald2001
12-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I did notice that Blackthorne has brand new IMI SAR barrels.

Just sayin'...

suka5168
12-14-2006, 12:34 AM
hmmm

Ugh!
12-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Blackthorne says the SAR barrels are 1-12 twist. I was hoping it was 1-7.

jmikesteen
12-14-2006, 09:56 AM
LOL

suka5168
01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
They wacked me with a $20 shipping for two parts (grips). Even though there web sites say $10 flat shipping. I wont do business with them again.

jetskrtal
01-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey Suka Keep email-ing 'em. They shorted me one ARM handguard on my last order and it took 4 emails to get a reply,and now it's on the way.Keep at 'em. they have screwed up on about 3 of my orders ,but have always made it right after being contacted about it.

suka5168
01-10-2007, 06:21 AM
I've replied and called , they dont ship to Hawaii and need to charge extra for USPS shipping. Since they use UPS only.
As we all know USPS Flat Rate boxes are $8.05 regardless of weight. I have also check UPS shipping rates , $27 for UPS Ground.
No where on their web site or auction do they mention additional shipping charges for AK or HI.