PDA

View Full Version : Best Selection of Galil Parts That I've Seen So Far

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I have heard that this is really a 'division' of Vulcan/Hesse.

Pricey, but, it appears most parts are new and/or unissued parts.

They have the best selection of Galil parts that I have seen so far.

INCLUDING 7.62 X 39 BARRELS.

http://blackthorneproducts.com/

suka5168
12-11-2006, 11:04 AM
is really a 'division' of Vulcan/Hesse
Sure does

Sayeret Shaldag
12-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Oswald,

You see this is why your avatar is so properly suited. Damn man you are good at diggin this shit up!! I have searched and searched and never found this place. + ? I dont even remember for Oswald he has provided so much help in this area. Hey Oswald when you gonna treat us to some photos of your Galils?

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks again for the avatar!

I have a couple of garden variety AA ARM's. One in .223 and one in .308. They are not particularly noteworthy in the collector sense, but, I love them.

Most of the items I checked out had this posted on the page:

"This product was added to our catalog on Monday 11 December, 2006"

So, it appears that this is a new set-up.

I am guessing that Vucan/Hesse stepped up to the demand for new kits, parts and things like 7.72 Nato & 7.62 x 39 barrels due to the demonstrated market demand for all things Galil.

The next obvious step, after the exhaustion of all the IMI parts, would be to import from Colombia. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this from Vulcan/Hesse.

I guess my Colombian kit importation idea wasn't as far-fetched as many people supposed. Or the 7.62 x 39 barrel offering either.

And you thought I was just another pretty face... :lol

Sayeret Shaldag
12-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Well I placed an order from them and spoke to a gentleman named Adrian. Should ship today or tomorrow. I purchased:

barrel, 5.56mm, 16.1"
G-00.356.0101

I figure why not and paid with AMEX. The barrel seems to be the hardest part to get so why not have an extra. The barrel is orginal IMI and marked 57 1 and 93 88 I think is what he told me. The barrel is uncut for extractor groove or HG groove and otherwise unmolested. The Adrian guy I swear sounds like Jeff from Vulcan. When I asked about any association he siad that sometimes they have traded parts, etc. I was put on hold for a sec and heard the background noise and heard "Adrian" answer another phone and I heard the word "Vulcan" I swear. Either way I am pretty sure the barrel will be legit. Now I will have three unmolested IMI Galil barells YESSSS!!! two 18in and this new 16in one. I think I will use this newest one on another ORF reciever if there is a GalilTalk version. Thanks for the tip Oswald!!

I assume barrel is 1-7 not sure. Got to call back end check.

emerz
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
:roflmao

If you click on Sales@AKpartsKits.com on their front page...

Sales@Vulcanarms.com is the addressee in the To: field of your email client.

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
They must be monitoring this board.

The "To:" field of the email no longer uses the vulcan domain.

AFAIK, Vulcan/Hesse has a well deserved bad name...all across the internet.

From what I gather, this was all due to shoddy built firearms. The first time I every saw the term "Shop Monkeys" was in reference to their firearm assembly staff.

I would not buy a firearm from Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne.

From what I have heard, Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne has had no problem with selling parts. In fact, I have read several reports of good dealings with them selling parts.

If they can do a good job selling parts....the more power to them.

Hopefully, Blackthorne will bring good quality products to market and treat all their customers right.

Maybe they will redeem themselves. It happens...sometimes.

emerz
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
They must be monitoring this board.

The "To:" field of the email no longer uses the vulcan domain.

But TechSupport@AKpartsKits.com still goes to Sales@Vulcanarms.com :jester

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Emerz,

Not anymore.

Their monitors are 'alerting' on your posts.

I did see that Blackthorne and Vulcan were located in the same town earlier. I can no longer find any reference to an office, mailing and/or shipping address on the Blackthorne site to which to compare with Vulcan.

Looks like they called in 'The Cleaner' from "Pulp Fiction". :jester

Edited to add: If you check the time of your post and my response....less than six minutes. (And I probably took at least 5 minutes writing this post.)

That means that they sterilized the domain in a minute or less.

Yep, they gotta be monitoring this board. I don't blame them. It shows good judgement on their part.

Hey Blackthorne/Vulcan/Hesse boys...good job with all the parts. Galil parts especially.

Extraordinarily good job. You are leading the field.

Any word on when/if you will be importing Galil kits from Colombia?

Anyway, great web site. Great selection.

Sayeret Shaldag
12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Oswald you are hilarious. Awesome investigative reporting work as usual Oswald with backup from emerz! Jeff/ Adrian if you are listening you rule when it comes to Galil parts. These people under the Vulcan name have always been prompt with their shipping and the condition of the parts has been nothing less that outstanding. I expect nothing less from this Blackthorne group and I will report on my product when I recieve it.

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Emerz,

Great detective work, dude.

This is an example of the internet at it's finest. :)

Thanks Sayeret Shaldag. Emerz had me out-slouthed on both the emails.

suka5168
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
My guess is these parts has been siting for awhile. Hesse/Vulcan Galils has been on the market for several years now. Original IMI Parts can fetch far more $ and marketed than a complete Hesse/Vulcan Galil.

Sayeret Shaldag
12-11-2006, 08:22 PM
But Oswald your sources indicated in was a Vulcan Op. from the beginning. Regardless + 1 for emerz and Oswald. I wish both companies nothing but the best and it is nice to see some reputable suppliers of good parts at our service.

Oswald2001
12-11-2006, 09:16 PM
"My guess is these parts has been siting for awhile. Hesse/Vulcan Galils has been on the market for several years now. Original IMI Parts can fetch far more $ and marketed than a complete Hesse/Vulcan Galil."

I agree.

I'm very glad that they are finally being marketed to all the builders out there.

I can't help wondering if the Democratic anti-gunner gains didn't loosen the reins a little on these 'assault weapon' parts. After all, they are almost pure evil.

Uh, I meant the anti-gunners, not the parts.

The timing couldn't be better. We have a confluence of events here. The anti-gun party winning the legislature (and the Republicans stank job setting up for an anti-gun party White House win in a couple of years), availability of ORF receivers, all those lovely Galil kits coming in and (last, but not least) plenty of American made Galil barrels.

Two scenarios here.

One. The anti-gun party shuts down all the cool stuff. No more imported kits. Further resrictions on American made stuff.
This results in a 'Better Build It While There's Still Time Syndrome'.

Two. There is a lasting resurrgence in Galils and the market is fed by ORF, Century, Vucan/Hesse, and...individuals building their own complete guns becomes very wide spread. A kind of fad, if you will.

If Scenario One is true, the inventory has been dumped at a most auspicious time. No doubt with a handsome profit. Great timing.

If Scenario Two is true, they still make a lot of money on the IMI stuff, find the market demand sufficient to import new Colombian kits and make more money.

I'm hopin' for Scenario Two.

jetskrtal
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
I've been buying parts(mostly handguards) from AKpartskits.com/Blackthorne/Vulcan(they are all the same)for a few months now .Nice and new parts.Better get while the gettin's good,as Galil parts have always fetched a premium price.With the big demand now, the price is sure to go up.

suka5168
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
What Shipping is Available?

All orders are shipped via UPS ground. 2-DAY and NEXT-DAY service are available for an additional charge. Shipments must be made to a street address; PO Boxes are NOT acceptable. Shipping cost is $9.99 for small items, $15 for uppers and complete parts sets. We do not ship by USPS or other means
I'm getting a quote of $10.99, what gives????

I noticed some of thier prices has risen within the hour. SAR gas block was $125 now $145.
The site was offline for a few minutes.

Oswald2001
12-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Blackthorne is selling on Gunbroker with their starting prices at full retail.

I think what may be happening is this:

Some of the prices are being bid up on Gunbroker.

Of course, the Blackthorne/Blackbeard crew sees this and uses the higher bid prices on their web site as the 'new' retail.

I've been called cynical before. 'Ya think?

Yog
12-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Do these guys ever answer their phone?

I've called them several times over the last few days to order some parts and they never answer their phone. Their message on phone recorder is awfully difficult to understand.

I want to order some Galil parts via the phone....

Hope someone gets the hint.

Sincerely,

Joel N.
"Yog" (in Alaska)

panaceabeachbum
12-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I ordered a complet parts set from them about 4-6 months ago and was told they had all the inventory from the short lived Uzi -America division of OF MOssberg. I have been very pleased with everything i have received from them

jetskrtal
12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Same here .Very satisfied with my parts kits and various parts.

Rhino_66
12-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I just got an ARM handguard & carry handle, standard handguard, and quick release bipod for $175 delivered. Very decent parts, VERY quick shipping.

Yog
12-16-2006, 06:26 AM
I was finally able to order some parts. The lady I spoke with was very friendly and professional.

I'm very impressed. Just can't wait 'til the parts get here.

Joel N.
"Yog"