PDA

View Full Version : CDNN refusing to sell pre-ban Orlite mags to New York State?

galil4me
12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
I am a 01 FFL dealer in firearms in NYS. Let me get this out of the way-I know this state is sad for gun owners but my job is here and the state AWB that never sunsets still allows preban guns and mags here though some of the wording is vague regarding guns "already lawfully possessed" regardless of that the law on preban mags is clear. THEY ARE ALLOWED-period. I recently had CDNN cancel a order for 5 preban Orlite mags for my Galil stating it was due to "company policy" and state law. I have replied to them that state law has noting to do with it and that if they're company chose to impose additional restrictions on law abiding gun dealers and owners that I would no longer be doing business with them. I asked for clarification and will give them the benifit of a mistake by maybe a new person. They have not responded on my request for clarification as of yet. I have bought many pre-ban mags from them in the past and this is news to me. If companys start doing this type of thing on their own we're in big trouble.

XD45
12-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Some corporate lawyer made the call that it was better to avoid the risk of shipping mags to commie states. Given the "creative" reading of laws and rights in the commie states, and the bizarre amounts awarded in lawsuits, I can see their point. All it would take is one lawsuit going the wrong way and a multi-million $ award, and they'd be out of business.

It's clearly not them placing more restrictions on the already enslaved people of those states. They just can't afford to risk the whole company to sell a few mags.

suka5168
12-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Some Companies do have thier own policies. But the CDNN Orlite deal is to good to pass up. Have it shipped to a relative in another State and reship it to you.

I've had trouble also getting some Co. to ship to my State even though it was totally legal.

galil4me
12-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I wanted to update this post. Tracy from CDNN just called me and corrected the situation with selling me pre-ban Galil mags here in NYS. It was a misunderstanding with the girl who processed my internet order. PREBAN MAGS CAN BE SOLD here in NYS. He explained that 99% of his mags are postban and the girl who processed my order was being extra cautious in refusing to process my order initially. He stated it would be better to call in a order for a verifiable preban mag instead of placing it on the internet. Once again CDNN has responded to my concerns and proven themselves a friend of the gun owner. It reinforces my long held view of them as a great place to to business.

JOEZETA
03-23-2007, 11:23 PM
well guess what , they are NOT shipping ANY hi caps to any part of NYS

im on Long Island, and this is my second attempt order PREBAN Hi Caps, 100% legal here.

Company policy is NO hi caps at all to any part of NYS

Fr8 Dawg
03-24-2007, 12:25 AM
It's clearly not them placing more restrictions on the already enslaved people of those states. They just can't afford to risk the whole company to sell a few mags.An E-7 Navy Master At Arms in my college class told me that she has unlimited freedom here in the United States...and that no one can tell her what to do.

I told her that her statement only made sense if a person didn't want to own or do anything. She then replied that her and her husband owned a ranch and that they are free to come and go as they please and that I must be mistaken or confused. I replied that she knew the state could build an elemetary school on their property and pay them what the state felt like paying. In addition, if her and her husband decided to grow pot in the basement and they got caught, they would lose their house to a sheriff's auction.

It was then that I was told by her and another gulf war veteran that I had the freedom to leave the country...that's what the employees of the federal government said...all in same conversation where they said they were the sole defenders of the US Constitution.

So, if you don't like pre or post ban this or that with your second amendment, you can always leave the country...with the Navy or Army's permission of course.

B Wood
03-24-2007, 03:54 PM
It is near impossible to keep up with community laws in regards to assault weapons and high cap mags. Example - OHIO. High caps are legal in most places in OH....as long as it is NOT Dayton, Cinncinatti, Columbus, etc....and the laws are typically NOT posted.

Judging from how certain cities / states / etc have sued the gun makers...and dealers..........I understand CDNN's position.

Would you have paid CDNN's legal bills if some state agency from your state took them to court over it? If the answer is NO.....then you should understand their position.

I will not ship ANY high cap mag to NY, CT, MA, NJ, MD, CA, IL, OH, etc. Life is too short to worry about other states BS laws.

JOEZETA
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
if you are as Big a CDNN then they should make it a point to know the laws in individual States and counties.....its not that hard to keep track of .

What happens when more and more states / counties adapt these BS laws ?

you will see how fast then they try to figure it out....Right now its not that many, but im sure that unfortunately will change.

Oswald2001
03-24-2007, 04:26 PM
From Suka's post #3

"Some Companies do have thier own policies. But the CDNN Orlite deal is to good to pass up. Have it shipped to a relative in another State and reship it to you.

I've had trouble also getting some Co. to ship to my State even though it was totally legal."

+1

Life is short.

Why fight it?

"Be water, my friend."

-- Bruce Lee