PDA

View Full Version : Galil ARM kits

bcollum
12-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Sarco claims they will have ARM kits in the week after Christmas. I have one preordered for 325.00

jetskrtal
12-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Cool !! Are they listed on their non -updated web site or did ya call 'em?I see your in Northern Ky ,where at?I'm in Southern In. Howdy neighbor!

Sayeret Shaldag
12-23-2006, 06:21 PM
The ad was in Shotgun News last issue I saw it.

terma-nator
12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
The ad was in Shotgun News last issue I saw it.
What issue was it?

Sarco's web site has their ads listed in pdf format. But I didn't find it in their December 20th issue. Was it listed in a later issue?

Do you think these will be good kits?

Atlantic Firearms
12-25-2006, 09:26 AM
You may wantto double check with them we asked about the ARM parts like carry handle bi pod Etc and they were not certain, I am sure they are getting the kits from Century and from what we were told they were not any ARM kits. This is just general info so maybe we are wrong.

Oswald2001
12-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Off Topic:

So Atlantic,

Are you guys gonna be selling some Galil AR clones with stamped receivers?

Atlantic Firearms
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes in 2007 we plan on offering

Micro Galil style pistols in 762 x 39
Micro Galil style rifles in 762 & .223
Galil SAR style carbines 762 X .223
Galil ARM style rifles 762 & .223

These will be based on a High Quality stamped rec , we are in the development & testing phase now .

dawg180
12-25-2006, 11:29 AM
I was just speaking iwth WIll at Redjacket yesterday and he mentioned he was just starting on some of the prototypes for those guns.

What price point do you expect the ARM model to be, the sub $1K range or more than that? I realize it is very early to be talking price, but I am still curious!

As cool as the Galil is, I would have no probelm with having 1.5 lbs or so shaved off, and the ability to use Weigers in a .223 model. The idea of a hybrid .223 ARM/AK is HOT! :D

Oswald2001
12-25-2006, 11:35 AM
I like the idea of having a stamped receiver option and also the 7.62 x 39 option.

I say buy up all variants that you possibly can...with the appropriate mags.

These are the 'good old days' of military style arms and full capacity mags.

Buy them up before AWB II.

dawg180
12-28-2006, 07:27 PM
You may wantto double check with them we asked about the ARM parts like carry handle bi pod Etc and they were not certain, I am sure they are getting the kits from Century and from what we were told they were not any ARM kits. This is just general info so maybe we are wrong.

Hmm, curious. I have tried calling Sarco to ask about this, but they seem to work about 9am-3pm with a two hour lunch, i.e. no one ever picks up the phone.

They do list ARM parts and have for some time, so I guess they could be swapping out AR parts for ARM parts on the kits, i.e. handugards, gas block, add in a bipod. Based on the price difference in those items the extra $50 makes sense.

I'll try and give them a call tomorrow to verify what parts are included. I woudl really like to get a galil kit, but I am a bit tron between the ARM and the AR- seems like it would be a lot esier to convert an ARM into an AR than vice-versa (i.e just remove bipod and install new handugard and you have a near AR)

dawg180
12-28-2006, 07:29 PM

These will be based on a High Quality stamped rec , we are in the development & testing phase now .

I asked before, but do you have a vague price point on these? I like the Galil, but I would like it even more in a stamped form with mags that I already have! Same kickass features and a 1.5 lbs lihgter to boot, what is not to like? :D

XD45
12-28-2006, 07:51 PM

You people are trying to take ALL my money next year aren't you?

So will the 223 rifles use Galil mags? If the answer is yes then I'm doomed. I might as well just give you my credit card now.

jetskrtal
12-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I'll take one of each,please!!!

Ugh!
12-29-2006, 08:17 AM

If the 223's feed from Galil mags (including the ar15 mag adaptor) I'm all over this!

Atlantic Firearms
01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
We do not have have exact firm prices yet but probably around $1189 ish for the Micro Galil Style Rifle and around $1050 ish on the Galil SAR & AR Style rifles. We already have rifles but and they are in a testing phase at this time. Hope to have evey thing nailed down by the end of Jan and rifles shipping in Feb. We plan on doing the rifles in .223 and then 762 x 39 and then possibly a .308 Galil Style.

Atlantic Firearms
01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes we are working on the .223 GALIL Style rifle to use standard GALIL mags and they will have the AMBI Selector also. !!

Oswald2001
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Cool!

So....if these sell well...

You will be offering 5.45 x 39 Galils style rifles later? :jester

Atlantic Firearms
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
No we have no plan for a 5.45 x 39 Galil Style Rifle.

Oswald2001
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok.

We're just possibilitin' here. Just throwing out ideas. Nothing firm.

I believe the time has come for stamped receiver Galil style rifles and, obviously, you do too.

So, at this point, it's just a question of calibers.

The first offerings are .223 and 7.62 x 39..

It is not difficult to peer down the road just a little bit to glimpse the next obvious (IMO) evolution.

If the .223 and 7.62 x 39 rifles sell well enough, the likelihood is that a 5.45 x 39 would too since it is a very popular caliber.

I'm sure Atlantic has considered the 'possibility' of a 5.45 x 39 stamped receiver Galil style rifle already.

I'm just kinda getting the idea 'out there' in the community.

Maybe there will be a groundswell of support for such a product. Who knows?

Everything starts with an idea.

suka5168
01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Firstly the idea and avalibility of the Stamped receiver Galil's are GREAT. But personnaly I would never go for one. Its just doesnt "smell" right. But I do give them credit for making them at an affordable price.

Oswald2001
01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, the stamped receiver idea may be a source of alarm for the purist. That would be me.

But, it is innovative and Galils are awfully heavy. I believe the lighter weight will make sense to a lot of people. The sheer weight of Galils is a common complaint from many people. That would be me too.

And there is a type of person that really wants to have each variant and/or something a little out-of-the-ordinary. That's would be me again. (As long as the .223 took Galil mags.)

Another common complaint about Galils is that they are so expensive that many people can't or don't want to go that kind of money for one. They would love to have a Galil or more Galils if they were made more affordable by use of a stamped receiver. That would be me one more time.

If there were very few Galil kits coming in, then I think large scale produce of stamped receivers may not be the greatest idea.

If there is a huge shipment of Galil kits about ready to hit the market, then this changes the equation in my mind.

Another consideration is the fact that the anti-gun party has gained power means that we better get all those kits assemblled before they are banned. It took so long to get Galil kits in sufficient numbers, it would be a shame not to see them assembled.

I have a pre-gan Galil .223 and a .308. On my abbreviated wish list is a 7.62 x 39 milled receiver Galil and a 5.45 x 39 milled receiver Galil. The latter two would likely be on ORF receivers.

My full wish list would include another four Galils in all four calibers. This time with stamped receivers.

The idea of a stamped receiver Galil has intrigued me for over 20 years.

I had a Valmet 78 that I (foolishly) sold. Mine was a milled receiver, but, they also made them with stamped receivers. So, it's not a new idea. Frankly, I'm surprised the Israeli's didn't make Galils with stamped receivers. For their Special Forces, if no one else.