PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gotten a Galil kit from Sarco?

trbon8r
01-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I saw where Sarco has Galil kits in stock. At $295 they sound attractive for the price considering I paid $450 for my parts kit I got off the net.

The only thing is the kit I just bought was it guaranteed to be in 95%+ excellent condition, but Sarco doesn't say anything about the condition of their kits. I'm debating whether it might be worth the risk since I want a second kit. The ARM kit sounds pretty good too at $325. What sort of kits have you all been getting from Sarco?

Maybe we could start a thread including some pics of our kits, price paid, and where we got them from? I'll have pics of mine when it gets here at the end of the week or early next week. Darn holidays have slowed down the mail, and I want my kit!

KBAR-04
01-03-2007, 08:56 AM
I think almost all the cheap(<300 dollar) kits are the Century type. Ive got one I bought for spare parts. All the parts are there and usuable. Most have very little finish and some light rust. Definitely not 95 percent kits...

eyegun
01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
My kit from MGS looked like it had been drug behing a jeep and left in a jungle for a year.

All the parts were there, in useable condition. Almost zero finish left. Cocking knob bent. New barrel.

It's gonna get refinished anyways but geez...

jetskrtal
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
5 kits of mine were the same ,but a little sandblasting and a coat of Duracoat ,they were good as new.Well worth $279 a kit,IMO.

trbon8r
01-03-2007, 01:26 PM
My kit from MGS looked like it had been drug behing a jeep and left in a jungle for a year.

All the parts were there, in useable condition. Almost zero finish left. Cocking knob bent. New barrel.

It's gonna get refinished anyways but geez...

That's exactly what I don't want. Some of the kits I've seen from MGS and Century looked to be more appropriately named "very whipped condition" as opposed to the advertised "very good" condition.

I talked to Sarco today and they said to expect the kits to be coming "soon", and were waiting for the new barrels to be made.

Condition is to be "very good" which probably means beat. Maybe I'm too picky, but I think I'd rather spend an extra hundred bucks on gunbroker.

Turrican
01-07-2007, 03:35 AM
my century kit looks like new after blasting, park and gunkote. Went together great, shoots great, best 279.00 I ever spent on anything gun related.

944turbo
01-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I ordered one each from The Dealer Warehouse and Sarco before Xmas. Haven't seen either. TDW did call (twice) last week and ask if I still wanted it, now that they got their shipment from Century. I assume will get theirs soon as well. I cancelled the order at TDW since they charge about the same as everyone else and don't include a magazine. TDW also raised the price on their FAL para kits $100 when they were on back order. Not a big fan of theirs. :cuss

Sayeret Shaldag
01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Maybe I'm too picky, but I think I'd rather spend an extra hundred bucks on gunbroker.

trbon8r,

Those kits on GB that are the "choice" kits are total bullshit. the are just the same crappy Century kit painted with some gunkote. Who's to know if the parts were ever properly stripped then reparked. If you want a mint kit you go to Blackthorne and that's it.

trbon8r
01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
trbon8r,

Those kits on GB that are the "choice" kits are total bullshit. the are just the same crappy Century kit painted with some gunkote. Who's to know if the parts were ever properly stripped then reparked. If you want a mint kit you go to Blackthorne and that's it.

We'll see. If the kit has been refinished and looks "too good", then I'm going to be pissed. It should be pretty easy to tell if there's been some monkey business going on if the parts are "too fresh" looking.

I'll let everyone know what I get.

Sayeret Shaldag
01-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I hope you luck out. I have two C kits which are rough. I replaced the handguards and pistol grips and they are fine. The C kits just need proper cleaning and refinishing. I also got one mint Blackthorne kit. I think when they are all built you won't even be able to tell the difference. So the "select grade" kit is $429. Around $70 of that would be the new handguard and pistol grip. Be sure and take some good pics. Has anyone bought one of these kits?

saltydecimator
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
hey guy new user,,,, just seen the ad in shot gun news for the galil by sarco... new to the galil scene... what do i need to watch for and also where can i find a good deal on a receiver? thanks for the patience!

suka5168
01-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Anyone order one of these from SARCO ---->

GAL002 Galil, Survival Kit
- trigger, hammer spring, bolt carrier knob, cheek piece for folding, stock extractor, extractor spring, front sight, front sight base screw, grip mount, selector lever, dust cover (stripped),
Value $119.00
Sale $38.50

Are these NEW?

jetskrtal
01-12-2007, 10:10 AM
The cheek piece for the folder ,and bolt carrier knob were new on mine,but I got a new bolt carrier instead of reciever dust cover(stripped)

saltydecimator
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
so where did you guys get your receiver from and how much did it cost?

jetskrtal
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
so where did you guys get your receiver from and how much did it cost?
Ohio Rapid Fire $350

saltydecimator
01-12-2007, 03:00 PM
and thats the best price you can get?

Oswald2001
01-12-2007, 03:14 PM
ORF is the only game in town.

Sayeret Shaldag
01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Add in another $50-200 depending on which parts need replacement from the kit as well

Then add in some more $ for compliance parts.:jester

az paul
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Picked up a TDW kit with new barrel.

Could someone please post the web site for Blackthorne. Haven't heard of them. Thanks.

Oswald2001
01-13-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23057

jetskrtal
01-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Picked up a TDW kit with new barrel.

Could someone please post the web site for Blackthorne. Haven't heard of them. Thanks.
www.akpartskits.com Same as Vulcan,Blackthorne. All the same company

az paul
01-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks much!!

bcollum
01-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I talked to Sarco and they said my ARM kit was shipping today. I'll post some pic's when I get it.

suka5168
01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Ordered the GAL100 Survival kit they had on their Jan 1st ad. Says most parts are new. We'll see when it gets here.
How long do these guy take to ship out?

boscoman
01-19-2007, 05:02 PM
I have usually seen the parts in about a week. They are pretty good to deal with.

944turbo
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I got my Galil kit this weekend from Sarco. Total pile of useless junk. The handguard could've almost been new, but it wasn't anymore by the time it was shipped in the bag with the other scrap pieces that were very generously described as parts. Front sight bridge smashed and crooked. Top cover had the sights mostly bashed off and a hole (!) in the top cover (looks like it rusted through?!). I would guess that if my kit was like the others they were shipping that SARCO got the bootom of the barrel. Maybe Century culled the good ones for their rifles and sold the junky ones. They were rumored to do this with their FAL kits.

No 35 round mag as advertised. Even a beat to shit one.

There were also remnants of other really messed up parts included, like a broken in half locking piece for the stock (wtf?). I guess this was a "bonus". :dunno

Hey, but the barrel was new!

SARCO again makes their famous reputation as a seller of over graded crap:slap

I'm sending it back.

Frankly, I'm done with the whole Galil project unless I find a much nicer set of parts.

Bah, humbug. :cuss

imarelic
01-30-2007, 07:59 PM
944turbo

I'm sorry they sent you a pile of crap. Now I'm concerned, because I've got an ARM on back order with SARCO. I'd be ok with worn finish, but if my parts arrive bent, broken, rust holes etc., SARCO's gonna get'em right back.

I've been building AK's for a couple of years now and was really looking forward to venturing into Galils. I live in Ohio, not too far from ORF. I was thinking of picking up a receiver. Now, I think I forget about it, until I see the kit.

Whatever I get...whenever I get it, I'll post here.

wedge
01-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Has anyone gotten a Galil parts kit from AKPARTS.COM If so was new IMI Parts?

944turbo
01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
imarelic;

Yeah, probably a good idea to wait on spending for other parts until you see what Sarco sends you. I was going to replace the handguards, pistol grip, etc., expecting they would be trashed, but the only thing worth keeping was the barrel and maybe the stock and some small parts. Certainly not worth $300.

To their credit, I emailed them for a return authorization number and got it with a couple of hours. I'm sending it back today. Oh well, I guess I should've known better. :slap

I'm not exactly new to this, having built FALs, HKs and AKs from kits. I kinda know what to expect and what can be redeemed. This was worse than anything I've ever gotten before.

Maybe I'll try CFS. Or wait and buy a Century built Galil:stick

tubalcain
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Talked with Sarco today about my back ordered kit from Jan.9.
They said they are still waiting to receive the kits from the supplier.
Delivery date is unknown at this point.:dunno