PDA

View Full Version : Single point sling

USSarizona
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I would love to know how a single point sling can be attached to the rear of the weapon not to the rear of the stock. When attached to the stock, I feel it hangs way to low. I would settle for the front of the stock, but because I will have a folding stock, I would prefer the sling to be attached to the actual receiver of the weapon so there is no difference in length when the stock is folded. Would it be possible to find/create a sling attachment that replaces the screw/bolt/whatever in the bottom rear of the lower receiver? A lower receiver screw/sling attachment if you will. Or would this create to much play in the screw and possibly unthread it? I have been contemplating how to attach a single point sling to the Lage upper (specifically the MAX 10, because I saw a Velcro sling that attaches via the body of the MAX 11; however, there is not enough space on the 10) so that it doesn't hang so low. I also saw in one of Z-06ís pictures a sling stud drilled into the front of the folding stock. I would prefer not to have to do this. WHAT CAN BE DONE??

M1A....
08-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Using a velcro strap with a D-ring. I'll try to post a pic if I can find one.

M1A....
08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Quick disconnect adapter connected to velcro strap with D-ring.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q294/M1A_album/M11A1013-1.jpg

LawBob
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I would love to know how a single point sling can be attached to the rear of the weapon not to the rear of the stock. When attached to the stock, I feel it hangs way to low. I would settle for the front of the stock, but because I will have a folding stock, I would prefer the sling to be attached to the actual receiver of the weapon so there is no difference in length when the stock is folded. Would it be possible to find/create a sling attachment that replaces the screw/bolt/whatever in the bottom rear of the lower receiver? A lower receiver screw/sling attachment if you will. Or would this create to much play in the screw and possibly unthread it? I have been contemplating how to attach a single point sling to the Lage upper (specifically the MAX 10, because I saw a Velcro sling that attaches via the body of the MAX 11; however, there is not enough space on the 10) so that it doesn't hang so low. I also saw in one of Z-06ís pictures a sling stud drilled into the front of the folding stock. I would prefer not to have to do this. WHAT CAN BE DONE??

if u have the ar stock adapter, I'm sure u could put an ar sling attachment.

BlackBelt
08-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I use a CAR stock on my Lage MAX10-45. It has the sling adaptor built into the plate that goes between the stock and the receiver.
I installed a sling on the front of the Lage, but it just didn't work out right. So I went to a single-point sling and it's been fine.

USSarizona
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Using a velcro strap with a D-ring. I'll try to post a pic if I can find one.

Can you tell me where you found this strap and if you believe it will fit on the MAX 10 set up? It appears to me that it will not fit the Lage set up because the sights take up space that the OEM sights (can you really call them that?) don't. Thanks.

USSarizona
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
if u have the ar stock adapter, I'm sure u could put an ar sling attachment.

Thanks, but I like the Lage folding stock.

skunkape
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't think there is a sling mount that will fit your needs as easy as you would like. You may have to play around with sling mount to find one you like once you get a Mac/Lage. Remember how few of these guns are out there so it not like ARs where you can get parts from everywhere.

M1A....
08-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Can you tell me where you found this strap and if you believe it will fit on the MAX 10 set up? It appears to me that it will not fit the Lage set up because the sights take up space that the OEM sights (can you really call them that?) don't. Thanks.

Found them on Gunbroker a few years ago. FTF Industries also sells them. After thinking a bit, I don't think it will fit a model 10 just because of the size of the receiver. Sorry about that.

Trident9
08-19-2009, 10:39 AM
If you get a AR tube type stock and put one of those quick disconnect rings at the base of the rear of the receiver you could then use one of the sling attachment points that are quick disconnect.. They mount I am talking about comes standard on Daniel Defense AR's The quick disconect swivel mount doesn;t but CIAA makes some.

bruh44
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Try this: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47414

If you try it and it does fit the Max-10 please post pics for others.

M1A....
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Try this: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47414

If you try it and it does fit the Max-10 please post pics for others.

That looks like a good answer if it will hold up!