PDA

View Full Version : New Israeli Tavor rifle goes into service

cookie
03-30-2004, 10:58 PM
New Israeli ďTavorĒ rifle goes into service (http://www.maarivintl.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&articleID=5438)

Sophisticated Israeli assault rifle considered most advanced in the world.
Tal Yamin-Wolvovich
Maariv International (http://www.maarivintl.com)
March 30, 2004

The new Tavor Israeli assault rifle, which is considered the most advanced assault rifle in the world, is to be introduced into active combat on Wednesday. The first to use it will be the members of the Massada unit of the Prison Service.

Though the rifle has been used on a trial basis over the last two years by several IDF units, the Massada unit, which specializes in small-scale warfare, will be the first in the world to be outfitted with the new guns. In trials, the gun received numerous compliments. Later this year, an additional 15,000 rifles will go into use in IDF units.

The Tavor is 72 centimeter long and weighs 3.7 Kilos. It is outfitted with an advanced telescopic sight, making it extremely reliable and accurate. Its shooting capacity is similar to the M-16 rifle but it has a longer barrel that increases accuracy. The head of IDF weaponry, Major Miki Hertzman commented, ďThis gun almost always fires - it barely has technical stopsĒ.

http://www.maarivintl.com/newsimages/desk2207031_tavor.jpg

rumble_rider
03-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Can't wait till TAVOR TALK!

:)

chrisp929
03-31-2004, 08:23 AM
tavor talk .. SWEET ! .. i hope they make a civi version after the ban .. i cant WAITE to get one ..

gtodan
03-31-2004, 10:30 AM
That's encouraging!

DanJ

dustindu4
03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Barrett had prototypes of the US built TAVOR that they are contracted to make here in the US if the AWB goes away.
They had it at the SHOT show 2 years ago.

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/civi.jpg

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/Tavor-7.jpg

read this thread: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1525&highlight=tavor

rumble_rider
04-01-2004, 10:00 AM
What they should do is make a .223 ver of an Uzi!:wow

Now that would be COOL!

Corbic
07-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Don't see why they need it. The IDF is a third rate army fighting fifth rate enemies. Personally this new rifle just sounds like a lot of hype and is Israelís attempt to move away from using "America" hard-ware, even though I'm sure the financing for this rifle came from American money.

soflasmg
07-24-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm curious why you see IDF as a 3rd rate army. Equipment? Combat experience?

A snap call like that makes you sound like a Klansman IMHO

Corbic
07-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Wow... calling the IDF 3rd rate is now racist? Sorry I have no problems with Jews. The IDF is a rather "lousy goosy" force, comprised of conscripts. They have lacks regulations and resemble the US army of the 60s and 70s very much. The offices are dominated by women (not a bad thing) who cover there cubicles with pictures of male models (unprofessional) and overall the training, combat and motivation of the entire force is just "so-so". Now the CURRENT IDF may have improved combat capabilities, hard to tell seeing there has not been a war in a while. However the previous wars the Israelis only won by the hairs on there teeth and this was mainly because of technology advantage given to them by the Americans.

Israeli special forces are top notch however, IDF conscripts are a just a hair below Guardsmen.

Does it make me a racist to call the Arabs 5th rate? Or merely you for not defending them as well? I hate it when people use a race card in a scenario that has nothing to do with race.

PS: My bad, Egyptians are technically not Arabs.

AKman
07-24-2004, 10:39 PM
:roflmao IDF is 3rd rate
LoL OMG IDF Has kick so mach Arab ass its not even funny armies of many nations combined and serially outnumbered were destroyed by these 3rd rate army well our US army that has budget thatís beggar then all armies of world combined can even subdue these 5th rate Iraq militants ;)

Seriously IDF is one the beset if not the beset most mobile well prepared Army forces in world the only ones that Came close was the armies of the old south African (note I sad THE old army not POS thy have now )
Thatís how the managed to survive and prospered during the last 50 years of continues war

Corbic
07-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Ever heard of projected power? No? Any army that is incapable of projecting power, at the very best is 3rd rate today. Projecting power implies you are able to send an entire army across the world, engaging in a major conflict and be able to support them. Any one can train great troops the difficulty is being able to supply and coordinated them. If the IDF is so great they why have they not defeated those pesky terrorists in their own border? I also said if you failed to notice they are fighting 5th rate armies. Notice how the US destroyed the leading Arab army in less then 100 days with fewer then 100 casualties?

You honestly think the IDF could take on the likes of the US, Great Britain, China or even the North Koreans? I'm sure they could not even stand against a modern Germany, India or French. Like I said, Israel SURVIVED its series of wars with the Arabs by the hairs of their teeth; they also fight nonrestrictive total wars in which enemy civilian casualties are meaningless... You think the US could get a way with leveling an Iraqi city because of a terrorist attack?

Corbic
07-25-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by AKman
:roflmao IDF is 3rd rate
LoL OMG IDF Has kick so mach Arab ass its not even funny armies of many nations combined and serially outnumbered were destroyed by these 3rd rate army well our US army that has budget thatís beggar then all armies of world combined can even subdue these 5th rate Iraq militants ;)

Seriously IDF is one the beset if not the beset most mobile well prepared Army forces in world the only ones that Came close was the armies of the old south African (note I sad THE old army not POS thy have now )
Thatís how the managed to survive and prospered during the last 50 years of continues war

PS: Give me a call when Isreal can invade another country that is is in another hemisphere.

AKman
07-25-2004, 04:58 AM
projected power Ö. Lets see How about a Nuclear missile dose that sound like a projected power 2 you ? and lets see it took the IDF 2weeks to kick the living shit out of all the countries armyís that were surrounding them and had 3 time as many tank and 6 times the soldiers . So why have the no defeated those pesky terrorists in their own border well lets see even if the try 2 baled a wall in there own country the hole world screams and UN make same resolution and EU promises to stop trading with them ! if everyone wade jest SFUP and let them kick Arabs to Syria the well be no terrorism in Israel. Lastly Israel is not interested in invading any one thy jest wont to prosper and live in peace thatís it
ps YES the can take on French all thy have to do is send a boat with 5 ppl armed with an UZIís and the French well surrender the second thy land on the beach

:pee

AKman
07-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Corbic
You think the US could get a way with leveling an Iraqi city because of a terrorist attack?

the good old US :D

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/helicopterkills.html
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=dontloot.wmv

Corbic
07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
You think far to highly of 18 month conscripts.

PS: Also if you think a nuclear weapon is projected warfare you clearly have yet to learn the fundamental basics of military combat.

AKman
07-26-2004, 01:23 AM
18 moth or not thy have won as many wars as the French have surrendered in :D and never lost one despite all adds thatís what I call a kick ass army (something we cant say about US USSR or all the other countries you mentioned)

Corbic
07-26-2004, 01:58 AM
They have won wars, but they have won wars against Fifth rate armies, still only making them 3rd rate. Its like stealing candy from a baby compared to robbing fort Knox.

The French have only surrendered in two wars to my knowledge. Both because they were defeated by an extremely powerful adversary. First the Prussians, which using the Rail systems and a crud form of mobile warfare manage to occupy Paris and force a peace treaty to be signed. No total defeat.

The second being Nazi Germany who nearly conquered the world in 1939. The British only managed to be saved because of a Channel and Hitlerís fondness for them. The Russians nearly lost Moscow however one of the worst winters ever happened and the Germans were frozen in there tracks. By the end of winter Russia got its shit together. Germany was only defeated because of 1. Hitlerís poor decisions and 2. They ran out of fuel.

France was also defeated during the Napoleonic wars. However they manage to conquer all of mainland Europe (Damn that channel) and because of Napoleon deposing many of the Monarchs we have a Democratic Europe today. This is a good thing. Personally this French bashing while funny two years ago has gotten seriously old. Should I start with Israeli jokes?

You still havenít shown why the IDF is not an incompetent, lousy goosy, conscript army that owes its success to American money, technology, support and the fact they are in competition with untrained, poorly maintained armies with ancient battle doctrines and even more incompetent commanders.

AKman
07-26-2004, 02:56 AM
the French comet was only a joke I know the only lost 3 wars but the last one is worth 100ís of loses (if it had not bean for them then we well never had those 100milions of ppl that have died and fallowed by 50 years of soviet occupation)
perhaps you rite thy are 3rd rate but then all most all of the world is 5th rate. There is no army that are even 2nd rate in south America or Africa in Europe there is only one prepared and has the training and equipment army that can stand up to modern world warfare and thatís the Swiss army and its exclusively geared for defense others like Germany or France or UK have US for protection (UK and France also have nukes) and thy army is in small force and mostly for economical purposes it can go to Serbia to help out but cant fit a series modern war alone Russia is joke that cant even solve its problems in Chechnya for the past 7 years and has old nukes and old tech base that is steel manages to create new weapons (planes and rockets mostly and sometimes torpedo) but dose not have the money to bald them so mostly for export and Asia can only fit its locale wars but its not a mach for modern tactics and dose not have the tech or industry base to support modern large scale army or war and china is only big army but its mostly numbers thy are still importing most of the weapons for Russia rather then balding there own Australia is nothing (but those kangaroos do pack a punch) so what do we have left for 2nd or 1st rate army ? US we cant even subdue those dame militia/partisans in Iraq we had to bribe Iraq generals in to surrendering and then blowing remaining forces out of sky but we lack the capacity in occupying a nation even one as small and backwards as Iraq so US gets 2nd rate army at beset (even do its budget is bigger then all armies of world together) so what do we have left ? nothing ! thatís why Israeli is as good as it gets for small country and US is as good as it gets for Large country

Same time later ppl well look and say WOW thy had a great army because the won so many hard battles and history only remembers the vectors not that there infantry is undisciplined bunch of cry babyís that can only clean its officers boats and know haw to clear a jammed m4 I mean you do have very good pint the army is not that romantic or all out ready killing machine that we all imagine but then again it never meant to be only SF are all that and then same and US UK France and Israel have that and in large numbers in comparison to others the remaining is supposed to be a big incompetent machine that can fit other big and more incompetent machines thatís what army is all about (and economic and tech boost to its nation)

Colt45
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Corbic,

Let's see here,
the IDF beats the crap out of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq's invading armies at the same time and you think that the Army and Air Force are 3rd rate?

Well John F@ Kerry, maybe you could do better?

The reason that they can't level those terrorist camps is because of all the PC sh@t from the UN and our other so called friends and allies from the EU.

You know the drill, just more of the same old crap that we are facing in Iraq today.

In WW2 the French Army dug a huge hole known as the "Maginot Line" where they buried their heads and kissed their asses goodbye until we liberated them from the Nazi's control.

And years later,
the French got the Sh@t kicked out of them in 'Nam and we Americans had to bail them out once again.

World history 101.

The French Army rates "number one" in the world for reverse running events so, go bs. someone else.

FOR SALE:
French Army rifle -- Never fired, only dropped once.

Colt45

AKman
08-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Thank you Colt45 :bow I second that but in less strong opinion
ps F@CK THE UN AND EU