PDA

View Full Version : Interdynamic KG-99

jmitchell
10-30-2004, 11:55 PM
I just got a hell of a deal on a BRAND NEW open bolt Interdynamic KG-99. I paid 350 for it, including shipping and it was NEW in the box NEVER fired with manual and everything.

I'm wondering, what's the going price on these little guns?

az_gun_nut
10-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by jmitchell
I just got a hell of a deal on a BRAND NEW open bolt Interdynamic KG-99. I paid 350 for it, including shipping and it was NEW in the box NEVER fired with manual and everything.

I'm wondering, what's the going price on these little guns?

Are you sure it's a KG-99 and not a KG-9? From what I understand the 99 was a close bolt model. If it is a KG-9 you got one hell of a deal on it. I've seen them on Gunbroker going for $800 or more.

jmitchell
10-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah, KG-99 looks like I screwed up:(

az_gun_nut
10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, KG-99 looks like I screwed up:(

Well you paid market value for it so at least you didn't over pay.

buzzer
11-01-2004, 09:20 AM
I thought any OB SA gun was worth upwards of $800, just because the ATF stopped their production fairly quickly so there are not many of them. They were too easy to convert.

KG-99 would be worth more for sure but an OB KG-9 is still a pretty rare bird. I thnk I have seen them in the $800 range, and not NIB.

As an aside -

I was in contact with a guy a while back through the internet - He would buy old beat up TECs, strip them and rebuild them. He offered beautiful nickel plating - even the internals and mags. When they were done they were beautiful guns (if you like TECs) though maybe some would call them blingish. Nickel plating can be really classy but their is a fine line over which it gets blingy (IMHO). He also offered a variety of optics and mounts.

He was also modifying closed bolt guns to fire from an OB - not FA mind you, just SA from an OB. He did not see this as an illegal modification, just an enhancement that returned the gun to a state closer to its original origins. If a remember, I posted about this idea here and was told that it was not advisable to do at all.

Also, he did not have an FFL but did have a dozen or so TECs in his possessions at any given time - some just purchased, some disassembled with parts at the platers, some ready to ship.

Seems one day the ATF came knocking - quite a few of them and not in a very good mood. They seized everything and charged him with dealing in firearms without a license. They were trying to charge him with illegally converting TECs to FA. The only problem was, yes they were OB, but they were not FA !!

Not sure whatever happened but he no longer responds to emails and his ads on the auction boards are gone. I did buy a TEC from him, just to have one. It does not have the OB mod however.

az_gun_nut
11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by buzzer
I thought any OB SA gun was worth upwards of $800, just because the ATF stopped their production fairly quickly so there are not many of them. They were too easy to convert.

KG-99 would be worth more for sure but an OB KG-9 is still a pretty rare bird. I thnk I have seen them in the $800 range, and not NIB.

That's the thing, the KG-99 is a closed bolt gun, not an Open Bolt. It might be worth more than the $350 he paid for it, but not much. I know Tec-9's are going for around the same price or less.

Oh by the way, converting a closed bolt gun to fire from the open bolt is a felony if it wasn't originally manufactured that way. There are no Tec-9's that ever came from the factory as an Open Bolt.

buzzer
11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh by the way, converting a closed bolt gun to fire from the open bolt is a felony if it wasn't originally manufactured that way. There are no Tec-9's that ever came from the factory as an Open Bolt.

I was not sure. Evidently neither was he. He was not trying to hide what he was doing. I guess he did not know and never checked with ATF. That would explain why he seems to have vanished.....

He did a great job on my TEC, which is most definitely Closed Bolt, though the firing pin broke on me..... They really are poorly made guns. Mine is actually pretty accurate, when it actually chambers a round !!

Re - KG-9 VERSES KG-99 - your right. I had it backwards. Thanks !

jmitchell
11-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Goddamn laws. I say we do something to change it so we can own FA guns without having to cut off your arm and sell your first born!

cvasqu03
11-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Goddamn laws. I say we do something to change it so we can own FA guns without having to cut off your arm and sell your first born!

Well, the first thing you have to do is go out and vote.

jmitchell
11-01-2004, 07:14 PM
For Bush would be the first step ;)

antonio valure
07-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I also bought a kg-9 in good shape .open bolt, paid 550.00 shoots every time.when I brouht it home and got on the computer to see what I bought I thought for a while that I was sold a toy , do to the web sites I clicked on ,I will not take a chance like that anymore. Happydog.

cvasqu03
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
:eyespop

WOW. 32 months later. Is this a record? I don't even remember having posted (though I obviously did). :jester

EnvoyLT
10-05-2010, 12:58 AM
What are the differences between the kg-9 and kg-99 including the price. I have a guy offering to trade me a kg-99 for a camera I am selling. I am asking $750 for the camera. I see tec 9's at shows all the time fairly cheap but this guy claims this isn't a cheap Intratec, but a higher quality gun. I boubt that, but I am only buying it as an investment if it is a good one.

cockednlocked45
10-05-2010, 08:03 AM
What are the differences between the kg-9 and kg-99 including the price. I have a guy offering to trade me a kg-99 for a camera I am selling. I am asking $750 for the camera. I see tec 9's at shows all the time fairly cheap but this guy claims this isn't a cheap Intratec, but a higher quality gun. I boubt that, but I am only buying it as an investment if it is a good one.

Its really not a high quality gun. But what is that camera gonna be worth in a few years? 50 bucks. They make new/better cameras every day and the old ones will become worthless. intratec isnt making any more guns. I would make the trade. Mabey even ask for a couple hundred bucks too.

az_gun_nut
10-05-2010, 09:15 AM
The KG-99 is more rare than the Tec-9, otherwise they are pretty much the same as far as I know. Same tooling made both guns.

I'd do the trade, like the post above says, what's your camera going to be worth in a couple years compared to what's the gun going to be worth.

Wow... 6 years later and this thread is still alive! :)

Grayfox
10-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Last week I saw a KG-99 with a front grip for 599. I thought the front grip need a tax stamp, so I called ATF in my area. Well the agent said he didn't know, would have to check with the tech dept & let me know. Still haven't heard anything.:bequiet

az_gun_nut
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah the front grip makes it an AOW and needs to be. You can put a vertical foregrip on a rifle or shotgun without any issues. But when you do it to a pistol you are making an AOW.

madmax4x4
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
:eyespop

WOW. 32 months later. Is this a record? I don't even remember having posted (though I obviously did). :jester
Now it is 71 :hung

EnvoyLT
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I was planning on taking a loss on the camera knowing that eventually it will be made up. The camera and accessories are still selling on ebay for about $900 for everything. So realistically I would have $800 if I sold it all so I would like to trade for a firearm worth close to that now. I already have a Tec-9 and a Cobray Mac-10 so I don't really need the gun, but was wondering if it was really worth as much as he said. I paid $400 for my Tec-9 in Phoenix last year so I didn't figure the kg-99 was worth much more, but I am uneducated about this gun so I wanted to make sure.

Surly
10-05-2010, 10:47 PM
The KG-99 is more rare than the Tec-9, otherwise they are pretty much the same as far as I know. Same tooling made both guns.

The KG's are actually built better than the Tec's. The sights are better and there is an external safety integrated into the FCG. The few that I have had were solid shooters with the right mags...the weakness of both weapons of this type.

EnvoyLT
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I just moved from SD about 6 months ago. What part are you from Surly? I lived in Rapid for 13 years.

Surly
10-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I just moved from SD about 6 months ago. What part are you from Surly? I lived in Rapid for 13 years.

The part in Rapid. :D

MrM4
10-07-2010, 08:29 PM
There is a fair number of us in SD.
one less now i guess?

Hughjimbissel
10-07-2010, 08:33 PM
It just makes more room for the rest of us.