Recent content by andrewgraw

1. A

FN FNC Bolt

Can't wait to see and eventually shoot the finished product. Big moment for the community thanks to you.
  2. A

WTB: StormWerks scope mount

FYI StormWerkz has them back in stock.
  3. A

WTB: StormWerks scope mount

Hey y’all, Anyone have a spare StormWerkz scope mount they’d be willing to part with? Much appreciated.
  4. A

Question about manufacturing lineage of my FNC

Thanks for the info. Sloppy paperwork is a much less exciting explanation than I was hoping for! Only markings are Steyr and Gun South. I may go the FOIA route and try to get the full pedigree just for fun.
  5. A

Question about manufacturing lineage of my FNC

Hey y'all, I was comparing FNCs with another member and discovered something unusual on my Form 4. Mine is a registered receiver imported by Steyr and I assume converted by Gun South. On the Form 4 under Section 4a for "Maker Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm", Gun South would typically...
  6. A

FN FNC Bolt

Great to hear! Swissomation here in TX is where I'm looking at having the extractors done. They make everything for KNS and are located in the building next door. It sounds like they have slowed down and have machine time available right now if you're interested in talking to them as another...
  7. A

FN FNC Bolt

Appreciate the shout out, Navgunner. Love working on projects like this for the community. Anti-walk sear pin solution is complete and ready for additional orders if anyone is interested. Any update on the bolts? Ready to get the extractors bid out if things are progressing.
  8. A

Slippage on automatic sear axis pin (522)

Very excited to share the anti-walk/rotation pin set completed by Daniel at Halcyon Defense. Incredible work, he’s a true engineer. He milled new customized sear and hammer pins with grooved ends that seat into a modified KNS plate to create a low-profile and fully effective solution. Runs like...
  9. A

Anti-walk/rotation pin set

Very excited to share the anti-walk/rotation pin set completed by Daniel at Halcyon Defense. Incredible work, he’s a true engineer. He milled new customized sear and hammer pins with grooved ends that seat into a modified KNS plate to create a low-profile and fully effective solution. Runs like...
  10. A

Update on this project: Halcyon should have it completed in the next few days. His idea was to mill a slightly longer hammer axis pin that will connect to the sear axis pin with a low profile link to create an anti-walk/rotation solution.
  11. A

FN FNC Bolt

I'm working with a couple CMC shops in TX to try and get a batch of extractors and spring-guides manufactured to assist in Navgunner's bolt project. I'll keep everyone posted on cost/feasibility. In the spirit of Navgunner's effort to make this happen, if I can pull it off I'll offer them at my...
  12. A

FNC buffer plate - plastic vs. metal?

Thanks Paco. The plastic buffer plate is smooth. On my original metal plate/rod the roll pin at the end of the guide rod is sheared down so it barely holds in place. Seems like an easy fix?
  13. A

Talked to KNS. They don’t have anything that will fit, but they referred me to Halcyon Defense just down the road. Called them up and told them what I was looking for and the owner, Chad, said that the “FNC is the most underrated f**king rifle every made” and that he’d love to help make a custom...
  14. A

Thanks Paco! Almost everything I know about the FNC is from reading your posts. I’ll let you know what I figure out.
  15. A

Thanks, really appreciate the candid feedback. This is my first FNC and first transferable, so I've been stocking up on parts and trying to learn the weapon inside and out. I'm going to talk to a couple of gunsmiths I trust around here for their opinion and reach out to KNS immediately to see...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter