Recent content by Cortland

1. Cortland

Sterling Extractor Origin?

That's interesting. I recently bought an Andrewski/DLO Sterling and picked up some parts including a spare bolt and several spare extractors from APEX. Neither bolt has markings like yours and none of the extractors are marked or have that channel. Presumably this is just the difference...
  2. Cortland

Ohio State SubGun Match

I'm also in. I've shot plenty of matches but never a subgun match. I'll probably bring my Sterling and MP5.
  3. Cortland

Ultimate Full Auto CMMG RDB Fixed Ejector Project

I have a neglected RDB upper that I have never been able to get to run right in full auto. I picked up a MEAN Arms upper at the end of last year and it just works, and it works great. I'm very much inspired by Amphibian's work here though.
  4. Cortland

SWR VS GEMTECH VS AAC VS AWC VS KAC

That's a whole lot of typing just to say "I don't like AAC."
  5. Cortland

Mag pouch

Those Eye-talian pouches look like a right good deal. I believe I will order a pair directly. My present method of transporting my Uzi mags involves dumping them in an ammo can, this should be much better. Thanks for the link.
  6. Cortland

Walther P99 opinions

My problem with the P99 is it looks too much like a P22. Like everybody else, I bought a P22 when I got my first .22 suppressor. The P22 is pretty crappy. Since the P22 was obviously designed to look like the P99, you have to wonder if the P22 hasn't in turn become a terrible ambassador for...
  7. Cortland

Repeal of Hawaii pistol mag ban

If this passes, would there still be a ban on standard capacity rifle mags? How does the law distinguish the two?
  8. Cortland

Pied Piper?

It's Ian.
  9. Cortland

MAke my S/A look like a F/A

While there are registered bolts and slotted bolt conversions, the part that screams "SEMI AUTO" is the slotted bolt, and there's no way to legally get rid of that.
  10. Cortland

AR180b

When I got my 180B several years ago the only mount Armalite offerred was for a 1" tube.
  11. Cortland

AR180b

The Armalite mount works fine, but you'd probably rather have the picatinny rail mount from Stormwerkz.
  12. Cortland

Thread sizes on Full sized UZI

On Mark McWillis' website he shows his Uzi thread adapters as M26x1.5.
  13. Cortland

Serbu Super-Shorty vs Safety Harbor KEG-12 follow-up

I bought a Serbu 870 through preban's group buy back in April and I couldn't be more pleased with it. The design methodology behind the foregrip makes sense to me, and if the finish gets messed up it's only parkerizing, so it's easy to re-do. I would not use it for self-defense where more PC...
  14. Cortland

Recent individual NFA signoff timeline - 1st MG

Boy I tell you these young whipper snappers don't know how good they got it. My Uzi took nearly 7 months to get to me. Of course my most recent Form 4s (silencers) have been about 4 weeks mailbox to mailbox.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter