Recent content by Generalzip

1. G

Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

Exactly why I buy and use SiCo cans. I’ve only ever had 1 baffle strike on an olddd SWR can before they were SiCo and they repaired it within a week and even upgraded it with a new mount and Charlie front cap and pretty sure turned it into a saker basically for free which is badass. Sick can...
  2. G

Wow that's wild. How many round did he put through it? I'd imagine soaking/sonicating in a carbon solvent would loosen everything up and once dry shooting a round would knock a ton or crap loose. Curious, did you try to clean chemically at all first?
  3. G

I used it with a FRT which is essentially the same time. I know cans gain a little weight from carbon, but I haven't noticed anything crazy. Monocores apparently don't react the same way because of their design to knock loose carbon with high pressure rounds. The Omega 9k is a k baffle can. I...
  4. G

Yes full auto. I own 2 Omega 9k's and no issues with fouling after thousands of rounds so I'm not concerned. If it gets bad I have an ultrasonic cleaner that cleans anything very well with a certain solution. Or just shoot a couple 300 blackout rounds through it to knock everything loose. I...
  5. G

What grip wrap is that and does it have enough pressure to hold the grip safety down? Was thinking about doing something similar with athletic tape.
  6. G

I don't have my uzi yet but for what it's worth I'm going Omega 9K with an angstand arms 3 lug flash hider or muzzle brake. I've found the Omega 9K performs extremely well for it's size especially on longer barrelled PCCs like the Uzi is.
  7. G

UZI machined feed ramp installation

maybe I want to hunt a group of hogs with my Uzi…. 🙃
  8. G

thanks man! Just bought one.
  9. G

Uzi Extractor

Concrete is an aggregate composite. The phenomena you are referring to with concrete has literally nothing to do at all with creep or relaxation of metals and polymers which are fully or partially crystalline structures. The mechanisms by which creep is formed is completely different and not...
  10. G

I noticed these are for semi autos. Are there any full auto ones? Or can you only buy semi auto now and have to have the restrictor rind cut off. Any good gunsmiths that can do this work, preferably in Texas?
  11. G

Can you link where you can buy the machined feed ramp? I want to buy one now just in case they become hard to find.
  12. G

Uzi Extractor

They didn’t have engineers in the 50s? Wild they built that bomb the decade before.
  13. G

Uzi Extractor

Specifically in the Uzi extractor it’s not a classic spring which follows F=kx. You are basically bending a rod. You’d have to used FAE to accurately analyze the stress throughout the part. Solidworks etc can do this. But it’s not using F=kx to solve that. I didn’t write solidworks code but I’d...
  14. G

Uzi Extractor

Again you’re close but it’s not creep. With an unloaded mag the length is X. With a loaded mag it is Y. Regardless of how long the spring sits in either scenario its length is ALWAYS X or Y. Aside obv from when being loaded or unloaded. So I understand you’re saying if you were to remove the...
  15. G

Yea I emailed them to see if they are still able to do it. I doubt it but let’s see. I’ll try it suppressed and unsuppressed when I get it out of ATF jail and go from there I guess.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter