Recent content by jbntex

1. J

MAC 11 conversion to .22TCM?

I was using the factory Armscor 22TCM9R 39gr Jacketed Hollowpoint. https://www.outdoorlimited.com/handgun-ammo/22-tcm-ammo/copy-of-armscor-22-tcm-9r-ammunition-sportsmans-bulk-pack-fac22tcm9r250-39-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-250-rounds/ I don't think there is any other brand other than...
  2. J

Just an update on my 22TCM9R barrel adventure. I tried the full size CFW tungsten bolt with a standard M11/9 recoil spring and one of the Lage thicker/softer neoprene buffers and the rate of fire and recoil was still ridiculous. I have one of the Practical Solution Mini-Uzi side folder stocks...
  3. J

I have actually considered putting a stronger recoil spring on the CF bolt along with a softer/thicker buffer. I have those parts on my standard steel bolt and just need to swap the spring and buffer from my OEM steel bolt over to the full size CF bolt. I suspect the A bolt would be an even...
  4. J

Well first test results are in on the KAK 22TCM barrel and unfortunately they are not great. The first 10 or so rounds had really odd behavior in that the rounds would not even eject. At first I had the full sized CF tungsten bolt in the gun and the first two shots the rounds were so stuck in...
  5. J

So I will be the guinea pig here as I bought one of the KAK barrels, its been delivered, and already have it installed in a standard M11/9 upper. My 22TCM9R ammo doesn't get here until tomorrow (assuming UPS does their job). Once the ammo arrives I plan to do some limited test firing this...
  6. J

Reising M50 20 Round Magazines

I would say $250 each and they should move pretty quickly. I just bought another nice condition OEM H&R Reising M50 20rd magazine off Gunbroker for $240 last week that was $275 after gunbroker charged sales tax and $15 in shipping.
  7. J

ORF Lower Receivers

I have an ORF FNC lower that I bought for a project years ago I was going to build. I ended up trading off my spare FNC Sear about 6 months ago so no longer have a use for the lower. The one I have is still in the white and the magwell internal section is unfinished. So if you finish it...
  8. J

anyone have a lead on sears

I bet if S&H told you they made 7000 sears it may be total to be combined with HK , 10/22, etc. sears he made over the years. Everything I have ever seen says there are no more than ~3500 of the FNC variety out there. Both of my S&H FNC sears came from the Seslar bankruptcy deal that Jim...
  9. J

Does S&H smooth the trip and hammer engagement when installing an FNC sear?

If I get a chance this weekend I will try and find time to dig through the safe to compare a "installed by Curtis @ S&H sear" to a still new/never installed S&H sear and see if there is any difference.
  10. J

FNC Sears

I have two FNC sears and both are in the 3000 range (one is 30XX and the other 34XX). Both came from the last lot of sears that were part of the Tom Seslar bankruptcy deal and went up for sale via Jim Banks & John Norrell. My complete guess is there are 2500ish sears out there. Never seen one...
  11. J

Current fair price for FNC sear

Both of my FNC sears are in the 3000 range with the higher of the two being 3400ish. Both of mine came from the Seslar bankruptcy liquidation lot that was sold by James M Banks and transferred through John Norrell. Looking back at my email I have an email note from the SOT that put together...
  12. J

FNCs are definitely much cheaper than M16s. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a non-accessorized/stock FNC for between 8 and 9K. There is a guy on sturm with two for sale in the 8 thousand range right now. Complete guns seem easier to come by now-a-days. Used to see bare sear WTS...
  13. J

The sear conversion that Frank Goepfert had up last week ended up at $7900 but under the reserve. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344538615 It has been relisted and is sitting at $6100 with 10 days to go and now has no reserve...
  14. J

I would guess you would be looking at between 4000 and 5000 dollars now-a-days for a bare sear. I have an bare sear and an unconverted host that I have considered selling. Frank Goefert(atfmachinegun) is selling FNC consignment he puts up for sale between $8000 and $10,000 on gunbroker. Semi...
  15. J

Do I need to consider an FNC?

My advice is that if this gun is going to be a "shooter" for you, than you should pass on the FNC. As referenced by the ever increasing requests for parts on this board, FNC's do break and if you break a barrel, bolt, or carrier.. unless you have a spare part you are hosed. If you have the...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter