Recent content by root

1. root

Old MPA rifle

Well if someone,is,asking 1950 for theirs,and you,want to sell it ask 1850. Hundo cheaper and keeps both guns jn the price ballpark. Hell there are two DPB straight ans on GB right now for 3k each a 9 & 45. Not even the two stage classic look. Your carbine is cool just not for me. I have a...
  2. root

ATF is adding 4000 transferable Machineguns to the registry including many MP-5’s.

So a pre dealer sample that was what 25k is now going to be 125k ?
  3. root

Sneak Peak New Accessory Project

This is one I made for my engraver. And here is one I made for stamping. Pretty sure they are the only two custom ones I have right now that I made. I have sold most of them that I made over the years. They are not hard to carve out by hand like the brass cobray logo on my engraver. The...
  4. root

Wow you paid to have a stamp made? I mean I know you can but I have always made my engraver plates by hand. Just the reverse of a stamp. Ya you can 3d print them from a 2d image using a program called Blender to lift it into 3d and save as a .stl file for printing. Possibly even a cad...
  5. root

Uzi Pro Mags

My stuff showed up yesterday. The UZI Pro mags have a finish unique to the Pro. Seems they just add the tavor case to your order what ever color they have. I didn't order it. It was just in the cart when I checked out and was not able to pick the color. Real nice quality case better then the...
  6. root

Pretty cool. I'm a lefty so ya need to mirror at least one !
  7. root

Anyone use the Stormerkz Pic rail stock adapter?

Someone made a adapter that used the two holes in the bottom of the receiver for a complete stock back in the 90's was for the carbine conversion. Looked really good and natural on the gun. I think the stock was a uzi wood type design in black plastic by choat maybe. That cage like adapter...
  8. root

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

Check out some of the old 80's squirt guns. No joke. I have a UZI pistol squirt gun and other then the fill plug & clear squirt trigger it's a 1:1 match to my AA pistol. This one needs a stock, trigger, charging knob, and a chunk of mag for the grip. Paint it high gloss black like the IMI...
  9. root

Turan 9mm ammo

Just looked up turan ammo Look on U tube lots of new name turkish ammo blowing guns up. Guy lost a rather expensive 308 rifle to turk ammo last winter. Then I I guess didn't learn his lesson and lost another gun to different turk ammo. Just search turkish ammo explodes gun on Utube lots of...
  10. root

Turan 9mm ammo

The case in the middle if the belted 9mm magnum round. I get one or two every drum with my max 10/31. (Sarcasm off) It's firing before the bolt is fully closed. Probably the ammo never heard of it before. I stick to my reloads and just run 9mm until the cases are toast or lost. I never get the...
  11. root

Uzi Extractor

Has anyone bothered to just pull one out of a parts kit bolt? I have 4 or 5 kits with the white inspection paint meaning they were NOS when torched. Most kits even used that I have seen had more handling marks then shooting wear. Would seem the best & easiest way to get a extractor and not be...
  12. root

UZI Extractors

Yes Dirk. It's a semi gun. I bought a stripped 10mm/40 s&w converted bolt from barrelXchange. Put a 45 extractor in it no mods runs 100% in 9mm. Got the info that it would work (might need modded) right here 20 years ago. Got lucky dropped right in and works. Everything old is new again.
  13. root

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

Nice run Garret. So what the 1st drum do for you to thow it down like it pissed you off? Or was just honest in a hurry off the the next stage & reload?
  14. root

Sterling smg firing pin

Best to,buy a whole parts kit with barrrel if just the pin is 125 Last I looked they were between 500 and 600 with everything less receiver. Gives you a complete set of spare parts to put back.
  15. root

Uzi Extractor

See my post in the other extractor thread. 20 years now with a 45 aarp extractor on a BXC modded 9mm/10mm/40S&W bolt No issues. It's a IMI semi gun.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter