Recent content by Slowmo

1. S

fluted chamber + open bolt = success or disaster?

Any effect on cyclic rate?
  2. S

Bolt wear a problem or not

Thicker (more viscous) oils offer better lubrication and wear resistance.
  3. S

MAC factory subsonic ammo

I wanna say the FBI adopted the .38 Special 158gr LSWCHP in the early 70s and used it until the late 80s when they went to a 147gr 9mm load.
  4. S

No, though you usually want your bullet to be a tad larger than bore diameter rather than smaller.
  5. S

For what it’s worth, a true .38 Super projectile is actually .356” rather than the .355” of 9mm, .380 ACP, etc. or the .357-.358” commonly used in revolver rounds such as .38 Special, .357 magnum, etc.
  6. S

.38 Super is just juiced-up .38 ACP. That rounded bullet profile is typical of ACP rounds, such as .25 ACP, .32 ACP, .380 ACP, .38 ACP/.38 Super, .45 ACP, etc. They all have a similar look in my opinion. Edit to add: To clarify, I’m talking about how they were originally offered as FMJ...
  7. S

Probably a bullet meant for .38 Super.
  8. S

Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

What kind of cover is that?
  9. S

I just oil it because the manual says to. I wanna try moly spray sometime though, just haven’t gotten around to it.
  10. S

Anyone shot Super Vel 380 out of a MAC?

I have reloaded cases with a case crimp/cannelure in open bolt blowback guns without problem. Wanna day some Aguila 9mm has a similar crimp.
  11. S

Gauging interest in an adjustable bolt

It’s interesting that it delays the closing of the slide, not the opening. It would be interesting to try to reverse the mechanism to delay opening, but I suspect the opening impulse is too fleeting in duration to give the mechanism time to both engage and disengage.
  12. S

I do similar, but I bought these little eye drop bottles off Amazon that I fill with Mobil 1 (I use the thick V-Twin 20W50)...
  13. S

Those wear patterns look similar to what I have seen, except for the ratchet wear. As noted, might be a tight top cover. Do you use any kind of lubricant? Looks pretty dry. Won’t stop the finish wear but not a bad idea for long-term wear.
  14. S

BEST suppressed pistol design?

What caliber for the big guy?
  15. S

M11/180

Any updates on how Version 2 is going?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter