From dealer sample to transferable

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve heard you can check status in eforms if it is in your inventory. Try starting a F4 and see if it shows up on avail inventory

K2

Hi All,

Is it the consensus that if it will populate on a Form 4 from your electronic inventory the pre-sample is now transferable?

Thanks,

K2

StenAtopia

Well…….. I have a pre May Sten. It now shows transferable. I did a “Test” efile form 4 transfer and it allowed me to add it. I canceled it of course. It’s showed “Orange” before. Now it’s white!!! What theeeeeeeee Fuuuuuuuuuuu……..

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Well…….. I have a pre May Sten. It now shows transferable. I did a “Test” efile form 4 transfer and it allowed me to add it. I canceled it of course. It’s showed “Orange” before. Now it’s white!!! What theeeeeeeee Fuuuuuuuuuuu……..
I was wxpecting things like mp5s and Uzis based off of the reason given. Quite interesting that a sten became transferable.

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
I dropped my FFL but kept my Pre-Sample UZI SMG, I think I did register for E-forms when thinking about the pistol brace to SBR free registration but never did one. Is there a way to check the status of my PreSample UZI since I am no longer a FFL? I guess I could call or email NFA branch and see if status changed, not sure if that would work.

K2

Hi. From what I understand you can send a signed letter (scanned ok) to the NFA fax email requesting the status of a firearm. The usual S/N, MFG, etc for each firearm as well as your address as the registered owner. I've only read about this on the interweb.

Enjoy,

K2

Bret

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the market for H&K's. I was dumb and didn't buy one years ago because I thought they were too expensive, only to watch the prices go higher. Perhaps I'll get another chance.

Am I correct in thinking that this could only apply to registered receivers?

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
It will be interesting to see how this impacts the market for H&K's. I was dumb and didn't buy one years ago because I thought they were too expensive, only to watch the prices go higher. Perhaps I'll get another chance.

I can't imagine any conversion devices were imported for an agency - so yeah, just RRs

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow my Uzi is good to go also! So I wonder what the value of a these will be. It’s not a conversion it’s a true IMI Uzi????

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member

Did you see what the newly transferable MP5 went for on Morphy's? https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/lot-603069.aspx Final bid was: $79,950.00
I think this is just the new gold standard for an MP5. I know shooters want a registered trigger box or sear but a typical collector would want a RR with correct markings and double push pin....but that is still a converted HK94 or SP89 or whatever.
Now with a factory MG that was no longer reachable the value has leap frogged over a nice RR conversion.
So IMHO, I think it just raises the bar for what an avid collector with deep pockets will want. I would think whoever just dropped $80k on that factory MP5 probably already owns a RR conversion MP5 that he may just dump or he has so much money that maybe that is now his beater gun.

Same goes for a factory Mini UZI previous PreMay - no transferable Mini UZI RR's exist that are not cut down from full size UZI receivers since the semi Mini carbine didn't come into the US till 1987 but Pre86 Mini's did come into the US before 86. That will be the new gold standard for a Mini UZI. Shame as I had a few past through the SOT I'm on...who would have known....

We all know there are some Pre68 factory full size UZI's but not many so I don't they will go down in value either.

I don't think anything is getting cheaper.

IMHO, The only way someone is going to get a 'deal' is if they are able to find someone that doesn't know what is going on and that person probably doesn't use eforms and if you get them to go along with it via a paper transfer which will probably have to go to a dealer since that person probably thinks their pre86 can only be transferred to a dealer...it will take so freaking long for a paper transfer that he will probably find out that his gun just tripled at least in value, get pissed and cancel the transfer.

Or you are lucky to find someone who just doesn't care about selling at a loss.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Are there any M249 pre samples out there? How about Russian PK or PKS?

sweersa

Wow my Uzi is good to go also! So I wonder what the value of a these will be. It’s not a conversion it’s a true IMI Uzi????
As the old saying goes, nothing more real than the real thing! I’d happily spend more money on an original over a conversation if I was in the market.

GreaseGunner

I’ll be happy when it’s in writing and validated by the ATF. I’ve asked on other forums and no one can explain how going to a PD for 2 years negates the 1968 GCA law which states what an imported MG can and can not be used for? Even if it went to a PD, it’s still an MG that was imported after the 68 cut off and there for isn’t able to be owned by civilians, yet now they are? No one can show me in the 1968 GCA law where this is written or in the months leading up to this Morphy’s auction where the written ATF proof is. All we hear is blowhard “this is happening” and “your just paranoid” from people at the NFATCA but their website says nothing about it still.

slimshady

Been many years since I read the whole law, but IIRC the NFA limits importation of NFA items to the purposes of supplying government agencies, research and development by licensed manufacturers, and dealer sales samples. Once imported, I believe the law is silent on future transfers from Government ownership. FFLs allowed reasons for purchase are limited to the samples and R&D purposes so future transfer of those are also limited to those.

Government ownership is generally not limited to anything specific in the law so unless it is on a Form 10 it would seem they could sell to anybody, and since it was legally registered prior to Hughes it qualifies for transferable status.

Similar situation to regular firearms banned by the GCA. The Walther TPH for example is too small to be imported but they can be imported and purchased by LE as like most laws this also includes the "except for us" clause. Once here, they can be sold like any other gun, the only restriction in the law is the purpose of the import must be LE sales.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter