Search results

1. Garrett

15th Annual Michigan Subgun Championship - Aug 10, 2024

The Black Creek Conservation Club will be hosting the 15th Annual Michigan Subgun Championship in Mount Pleasant, MI on Aug 10, 2024. For info and a registration packet, please Jake Mackenzie (Jmacken37 at Uzitalk) at a3enterprises@live.com. The match is limited to 80 runs (40 shooters in the...
  2. Garrett

UZI machined feed ramp installation

For me, it’s more a matter of being able to shoot subsonic ammo for suppressor use. It seems the majority of 147 gr. bullets have a FP profile. Yes, there are some subsonic options that use a RN bullet, but they are more limited.
  3. Garrett

UZI machined feed ramp installation

My Group Industries gun with the stamped SMG fees ramp would nose dive FP or HP ammo into the bottom lip of the chamber. No problem with RN bullet profile. I sent it to BWE to have a machined feed ramp installed and now it reliably feeds those types of ammo.
  4. Garrett

Speed Cube thoughts?

That reminds me, I bought one of those Speed Cubes a few years ago. I don’t think I’ve ever tried it out. I should rectify that.
  5. Garrett

Holding Max31k in Vice?

Buy a cheap set of wrenches and grind them until they are narrow enough until they fit. You might be just fine clamping the receiver in a vice... unless you’re not. Wrecking a couple cheap wrenches is much preferable to wrecking your MAX-31. And the wrenches are not really even wrecked. They...
  6. Garrett

BEST suppressed pistol design?

That one is .22LR. But the platform provides a lot of options.
  7. Garrett

BEST suppressed pistol design?

One of my favorites. Also, there is a mod for the Beretta Bobcat / Tomcat series where you can turn the safety lever into a slide lock. But lacking an extractor, the empty shell can become difficult to remove once the chamber gets dirty.
  8. Garrett

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

Just a speed reload with an awkward drum.
  9. Garrett

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

I have two of them. I don’t use them much because they are so clunky and unwieldy. But they do work. I use a Lula loader and give it a squirt of graphite every 15-20 rounds as I’m loading. Good enough for first place in Unlimited at the Creek in 2015.
  10. Garrett

Purchasing First Uzi - 4 Options to Choose From

Identity theft is a thing, and your forms are a gold mine in this regard. I don’t want that info out there any more than it has to be. Yeah, the gov already has my SSN. But the gun shop employees don’t. And it will be staying that way. It just takes one sloppy dealer, or one unscrupulous FFL’s...
  11. Garrett

Reising to Uzi Magazine Conversion Magwell - a fun project I completed

They still work for me, although I haven’t used them much in the Uzi. I mostly use the grease gun lower if I’m shooting .45 in that gun. But the handful of times I’ve used them they still ran.
  12. Garrett

OOB discharge due to casehead separation

Ok, you have a low tolerance for risk. I can understand that. But in the same breath you say: You limit the number of rounds fired in your 9mm brass. But you start with scrounged brass of unknown and potentially dubious origin, whether purchased as "once fired" (as used in your cost...
  13. Garrett

Have you ever seen receiver wear in your UZI?

Good info from Henderson Defense over at an archived AR15.com thread. HD is one of the machine gun rental ranges in the Las Vegas area. They go through something like a million rounds per month and have posted about their experience with high round counts on various platforms. The Uzi-specific...
  14. Garrett

What loader for 45 cal Uzi Pro mags?

I just use the standard metal one. Works fine.
  15. Garrett

OOB discharge due to casehead separation

I was going to ask who even tries to keep track of how many loadings they have on 9mm through a machine gun.
  16. Garrett

Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

I have found some interesting experiences like that as well. It seems to be specific to individual gun/silencer combos. You might try changing your Uzi barrel and see if it makes a difference. FWIW, I have a VERS9s with barrel nut mount and the gun shoots the same with or without the van...
  17. Garrett

Can you shoot your MG with any accuracy?

An open bolt can be shot quite accurately. The biggest thing for me is that I have to remember to keep the stock tight against my shoulder. I start letting it just sit up there loosely and I start throwing fliers. It also took me a while to figure out, but I can shoot my M11/9 all day with...
  18. Garrett

Interesting M11/9 upper

Is that a 2-piece bolt? As in closed bolt with a “slide hammer” and striker?
  19. Garrett

Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

You have mentioned this before, but on their page that you link the description states: The ThunderCan SAS MK9 Suppressor is our homage to the original, mixed with 21st century tech. Boasting a titanium tube with a proprietary sealed hybrid stainless steel and titanium core... "Sealed" and...
  20. Garrett

Can you shoot your MG with any accuracy?

The sticky covers most of the highlights. So no sense in reinventing the wheel. I will add a couple additional comments. You were asking about how to practice. I like using static steel targets if possible. You get the immediate audible and visual feedback and you don’t spend a lot of time...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter