Search results

1. DINK

Anyone shot Super Vel 380 out of a MAC?

Yeah, the casing might possibly crack there, but only after quite a few reloadings. I would use new factory ammo without any hesitation.
  2. DINK

Help identifying M11/9

Also, it's pretty easy to restore the stops on the Sten mags. I took an old surplus screwdriver and shaped the blade so one side was still flat and the other was a rounded shape that tapered to the end. By tapping that into the flattened magazine stops, they came right back up, They looked...
  3. DINK

Shockwave Z-mags in STEn?

Yeah- Beretta made many little pistols that never even had extractors. The barrels would "tip up" to load or empty the chamber and when fired, the casings would self-extract and toss themselves out into the ozone with no extractor needed.
  4. DINK

The location of the ejector in the Sten is important, but in relation to the ejection port, not the magazine. Way back when DLO was starting out building Stens, there were several he put together with the ejector welded in too far to the rear. My buddy Carl Silver wrote an article for the...
  5. DINK

You have to remember that in a blowback-operated firearm like the Sten, the extractor isn't pulling the casing out of the chamber, the casing is driving the bolt to the rear. The casing WILL be firmly held in the bolt face even if the extractor isn't installed. The extractor only provides a...
  6. DINK

Mac Style Mag ID Help

I'll offer a theory as to the origin of this magazine. I once had a project for an extended MP-5 magazine which involved cutting and splicing two old straight MP-5 mags into one 50-rounder. After the job was done, we gathered up the remaining left-over parts, which included the cut-off top of...
  7. DINK

Unusual Mac 10 / 45 Carbine "type" upper with Wood.

Front sight looks to be an M60 front sight with the top lopped off and a replacement sight of the appropriate height added. You can see the notch on the underside that was intended to allow the M60 to pivot on the bipod just so far. The forearm is definitely a modified Thompson horizontal...
  8. DINK

Speed up a Sterling

First thing I would try is a nylon spacer in the back of the receiver to restrict the travel of the bolt to the rear. The shorter the distance it travels, the faster the cyclic rate is. Nylon (or some other plastic) is cheap and easy to work with. The final design might be rubber os some...
  9. DINK

Muzzle Device

Where would one go to find the current Carlson Comp product line? My search skills are apparently weak.
  10. DINK

Any MAC 10 .45/9MM Rate Reducers?

I tried one of those rate reducers in my M10/45 and found that it reduced the cyclic rate around 100 RPM (via PACT timer). So yes, it worked, but not really enough to matter in the real world.
  11. DINK

Semi auto 9mm ar15 pistol double tapping and stringing

I guess I should have been clearer. The part of the bolt that is the area under consideration is the sloped part of the underside where the hammer is cammed back as the bolt is cycling. You will have to remove the bolt from the receiver and turn it over to get pictures of that.
  12. DINK

Semi auto 9mm ar15 pistol double tapping and stringing

Can we get a better look at the underside of the bolt? It looks like it might have been ramped a bit too much, in which case the hammer isn't getting cammed back far enough to reliably catch the sear. Swapping out the hammer might have cured this.
  13. DINK

MAC-10 approved yesterday, some questions

It's not too difficult to install the spring so it folds over and is inside the grip sideways (for the upper part of it). Your statements about the "unholy" amount of force needed to remove mags and the existence of a bend in the spring suggest this is the case. Try checking it again and...
  14. DINK

Issue with semi-auto function (M10)

Your selector has two flats on it and the pressure from the retainer spring is the only thing that holds it in either the "semi" or "full" positions. If the retainer spring is weak, not only will the selector start walking out of the gun, but it will rotate when you are firing, so you will get...
  15. DINK

Issue with semi-auto function (M10)

There's a "leg" on the right side of the trigger spring that sticks straight up and it's supposed to be behind the disconnector (the part you circled), pushing the disconnector forward so it engages the sear. If that leg on the spring is weak, bent to the rear, or missing, the disconnector will...
  16. DINK

.22 conversion for Swedish K?

Sounds like the type of thing I have absolutely no need for but I must have it anyway. Please post here when you have them ready to go, Rich.
  17. DINK

Smooth Bore M10/45 Inquiry

It's hard to tell from your photo, but are you sure you're looking at steel when you look at the interior of the bore? A possibility comes to mind that the previous owner had shot some rounds with soft lead bullets through it and the lead has totally covered the rifling. Did you try really...
  18. DINK

Recommendations for Chronographs requested

Absolutely. I have timed many MACs and other high-RPM guns with cyclic rates over 1,000 RPM. And the PACT is both a shot timer and a chronograph if you add the optional sky screens.
  19. DINK

Recommendations for Chronographs requested

Been using the PACT MK IV for many years and am happy with it. For suppressed use, you have to position the unit close to the end of the can in order to get reliable info. On the other end of the scale, if you are shooting at a covered firing line with safety baffles, the microphone will pick...
  20. DINK

Left handed

If your upper has a rail on top, it's fairly easy to cobble together a gas deflector out of a sacrificial scope ring (for the clamp-on base) and a piece of Home Depot aluminum angle stock. One side of the aluminum sticks out from the receiver and blocks the gas and the other side is cut and...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter