Search results

1. J

Uzi Factory box

I paid about 2/3s of that for an AA pistol box although it did come with original factory mags. Ultimately you may be the one most impressed with having the box as an "accessory".
  2. J

Welding a barrel ?

Shaky at best. How much are you adding? Who's doing the welding? Do you have a good attorney? An ER on speed dial? What guarantees do you have that anything more than "birdshot" won't someday find its way into the gun? Anyone attempting this should have a copper rod that fits the bore for...
  3. J

Need help

The extractor claw should be clean on the underside and sharp edged so it grips the rim. If it's rounded off it could be letting go too soon. The empty shouldn't slip off the extractor claw as soon as it clears the chamber mouth but be held until it's flipped away by the ejector. Put an empty on...
  4. J

Need help

Did the problem slowly develop or come on all at once? Slimshady's right about sounding like it's dragging somewhere. In a process of elimination; first I'd try a thorough cleaning to make sure you don't have debris where the bolt slides including in the ejector groove, Built up crud in the...
  5. J

WTK:IS there a market for the group Uzi rec.?

Receiver sheet metal is usually mild steel since most forces are handled by the barrel, trunnion and bolt. Think unibody construction where all the various parts support each other. As such, it's actually quite forgiving if you understand it's pressure points. Hardwood blocks and an arbor press...
  6. J

Any collector value to a box of IMI UZI 9MM?

Couple of boxes on GB, sellers asking $100 bucks / box. Whether someone's willing to pay that is a different matter.
  7. J

Has anyone throated an Uzi barrel for better feeding?

Can't say Dirk... but I'm not foolish enough to say it could never happen. From years of gunsmithing, I've seen guns damaged/blown up in some pretty creative ways... sometimes taking their owners/shooters with them. Dropping the wrong size shotgun shell in then chambering the right size shell...
  8. J

Does anyone sell a stronger barrel nut spring?

Unlike the full-sized and minis; the tab/catch on the latches for the pistol and micro are split. One half is raised to be the catch, keeping the latch from coming out on it's own. The half that's level acts as an outrigger/ski of sorts. Because the latch is so short, the "ski" Keeps the latch...
  9. J

I didn't do any measuring but my pistol uses a latch that's about half the length of a full-sized or mini. Maybe the shorter spring is for the pistol/micro application.
  10. J

UZI Ejector slot question

I've had good luck with Global Machine & Tool LLC's repair sections but do run into clearance/alignment problems at times. My fix is to tweak the ejector; bending and/or filing it to fit in the bolt slot instead of opening up the slot. Might be one way of curing your alignment problems.
  11. J

Parkerizing wear

Always a good tip, Chef. Some stuff continues or starts to react once it meets with moisture; like in your airways or lungs or even just on the skin. No matter how "simple" or DIY the process; safety gear like masks, respirators, eye and hearing protection should be a given. Most everybody...
  12. J

Parkerizing wear

Convenience, it's all about convenience. Not sure why because Parkerizing is a simple process, unlike hot bluing. Heck, you can do parking on the kitchen stove-- if the wife's not home. Stainless steel pan, Parkerizing solution, candy thermometer to make sure your solution stays between 180 to...
  13. J

Parkerizing wear

I started using LSA in Nam and still think it's good stuff. Another lube we had was Dri-Slide https://www.drislide.com/collections/weapons-lubricant-1 Basically Moly in a carrier that evaporates leaving the dry lubricant. It's kinda messy until you get the hang of applying it. Trick is to...
  14. J

Mini Uzi Selector Lettering Colors...?

Rover Dave's book (pg. 41) shows all white letters and hash marks. My source for all details Uzi.
  15. J

Try loosening the barrel nut without depressing the latch. If you can turn it without much resistance then the latch's "tooth" or the serrations on the barrel nut are worn and need to be replaced. A lot of people just grab the barrel nut and gorilla-fst it loose but the latch should always need...
  16. J

Barrelxchange would know. I'd go with his response.
  17. J

I think the semi feed ramp is the key. When fully chambered, .135" of the round already sticks out. Any throating of the barrel would increase that unsupported case length. Feeds anything but ruptures cases, isn't a good trade-off.
  18. J

I prefer a semi-auto feed ramp; not so I can shoot hollowpoints, but for a little extra support for the chamber end of the barrel. Ball ammo is what Uzis were designed to shoot-- along with everything else in my gun safe.
  19. J

Uzi Micro packaging.

Anybody got a picture of an Uzi Micro in it's original case/packaging? I'm just wonderig how they were packed along with their stock. There's nowhere anywhere in the AA Pistol cases for anything other than the pistol, two mags and the owner's manual.
  20. J

Bayonet question

Doesn't sound like there was much difference other than era. The finish and scabbard material might be a clue. Mine is black, all steel including the scales, and has a plastic scabbard. No markings that I can see. My second and third-hand info says the early ones were black w/ metal scabbard...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter