M10 5.56 Upper Options

collector98

I was told mine will be ready to ship mid next week. I'm super excited. I'm likely going to take it to the indoor range up the street the second I get it in. I only have a cheapo red dot sight to throw on it at the moment, but oh well.

pmf

I was told mine will be ready to ship mid next week. I'm super excited. I'm likely going to take it to the indoor range up the street the second I get it in. I only have a cheapo red dot sight to throw on it at the moment, but oh well.
I just put an old eotech I wasn't using on mine. Two pleasant surprises:

1. Its not as loud as one would think with the 10" barrel. I still would have preferred a 14" barrel and was planning on replacing it, but not so sure now.
2. It didn't heat up nearly as fast as I had feared. I took an oven mitt with me, but didn't have to use it. Get a foregrip.

Slowmo

I just put an old eotech I wasn't using on mine. Two pleasant surprises:

1. Its not as loud as one would think with the 10" barrel. I still would have preferred a 14" barrel and was planning on replacing it, but not so sure now.
2. It didn't heat up nearly as fast as I had feared. I took an oven mitt with me, but didn't have to use it. Get a foregrip.
How’s the controllability?

pmf

Not much different than a 9mm. Maybe even less. 223 is a pretty small round.

And regarding the foregrip -- it doesn't have your typical picatinny rail, but you can attach Magpal M-Loc foregrips to it. I really prefer having a foregrip on guns with such short barrels. Post a glowing review. Yeah, its kind of expensive -- twice what I paid for my M11/9, but its like having a completely different machine gun for $3200.

Landric

I have the 10/15. I replaced the 10" barrel with a 16" barrel with mid-length gas. I really like the way it shoots. The M10 with the 10/15 is heavy enough that I think the longer barrel makes sense, even with the short barrel it isn't what I would call "handy." If I had gotten the 11A1/15 upper for my .380 M11 I probably would have kept the 10" barrel.

The bipod isn't attached in the picture I have, but I like using the M10/15 like a light machinegun with a Magpul D60.

10_15_1.JPG

pmf

How hard is it to swap out barrels? And if you say 'just like an AR-15', that won't be of much help because I've got one AR-15 and never swapped the barrel out in the thing. I do have a conversion kit for the Lage Max11/9 upper that converts it into 7.62x25 with a barrel swap, which was pretty easy to do.

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
I’m going to use the Cry Havoc QC barrel system to go to 7.62x39 and 5.56. It might be summer before I install it, want to run it with the Lage factory warranty for a while first to make sure everything is good to go.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
How hard is it to swap out barrels? And if you say 'just like an AR-15', that won't be of much help because I've got one AR-15 and never swapped the barrel out in the thing. I do have a conversion kit for the Lage Max11/9 upper that converts it into 7.62x25 with a barrel swap, which was pretty easy to do.
Take the bolt out, handguard off, put the receiver in blocks and use a wrench to unscrew the barrel nut

Deerhurst

Very good. I use mine for practical rifle comps every now and then. Vtac barricade on semi on an 8" plate at 100 is easy. FA on swinging targets or CQB is cake.

I'm the only FA guy so everyone is usually giggling when I get out of the kill house after a FA run. I generally have a shit eating grin because it was so much fun!

Slowmo

I have the 10/15. I replaced the 10" barrel with a 16" barrel with mid-length gas. I really like the way it shoots. The M10 with the 10/15 is heavy enough that I think the longer barrel makes sense, even with the short barrel it isn't what I would call "handy." If I had gotten the 11A1/15 upper for my .380 M11 I probably would have kept the 10" barrel.

The bipod isn't attached in the picture I have, but I like using the M10/15 like a light machinegun with a Magpul D60.

View attachment 39728
I think that makes a lot of sense. For awhile I wanted a Fightlite setup, but the more I thought about it, I think an open bolt Max-15 with drums makes more sense for LMG-style shooting than a closed-bolt beltfed.

Tinman45

I stuck a hefty bipod on mine just for giggles and it basically puts a 30rd mag-dump in a group the diameter of a baseball or maybe a softball at 15-20yrds or so. Just sits on the bench rocking back and forth and shredding paper. Saving my milk-money for a couple beta-mags for it and looking wistfully at FA-rated 5.56 suppressors.

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
I’m thinking tripod, need a good one to use spade grip and drum mags.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter