Permanent scope mount.

KarlPMann

Banned
I saw the Docter Optics mod that was being done and decided to mount my scope in a slightly more solid fashion to see if it will help accuracy. I wanted to use my current scope mount but make it a little more solid and permanent. That meant coming up with a dedicated top cover and basically permanently attaching the scope mount. After acquiring a top cover from a really nice person who donated it to the "poor little Karl" local charity, I went to work. As always, I thought long and hard about the best way to accomplish the task at hand (maybe 30 minutes tops). As always, I screwed the pooch. I ended up with an extra hole I didn't really need because I didn't spend enough time thinking about it. Of course, that's why I didn't do it with the only top cover I had. In the end, it works, but has that extra hole. :rolleyes I have yet to try it out. I'll need to wait for a little snow to clear. Here are a few scans, the best I can get.

Left side view.
scopemount0-1.jpg

Right side view.
scopemount2-1.jpg

Bottom view. From this view you can see that the two screws on the sides protrude out just a hair even though they are screwed in as far as they will go. This was accomplished by the use of a countersink to keep them from going in any further. You can see that the screws don't go in past the top cover. That would push in on the receiver and cause the bolt to bind up. You can also see the screw that goes into the cover from the bottom and the unused hole. The unused hole shows the countersink used (100*). The screw also shows that it was still necessary to flatten off the screw head to avoid the bolt rubbing. Flat head screws didn't have enough of a head to be torqued down good. Once everything was checked out, I used loctite to keep the screws in. The screws were cut to size so they wouldn't protrude out.
scopemount1-1.jpg

Karl.

KarlPMann

Banned
Sorry Dave, you lost me there, what extra hole are you speaking of??? Karl. :roflmao

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Karl, now the text doesn't match the doctored photo. How confusing!

KarlPMann

Banned
Actually when I did it, I was worried you'd just get into your internet cache and pull the pic out and re-post it just to get me. :biggrin2 OK, pics going back to real. Karl.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
That's too much bother just to give you a hard time. Thanks for the photos.

KarlPMann

Banned
I already showed a pic of the UZI with the mount in the UZI Image forum. Since the screws are the only difference, I didn't bother to take any new photos yet. Within a few weeks I'm going to do a few outdoor/shooting shots. Karl.

D D D D :biggrin2

KarlPMann

Banned
OK, here's one of just the gun with scope and mount. But the camera stinks so, the photo stinks too. Sorry. Karl.

UZIpermscopemount.JPG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter