Trijicon TA31 ACOG vs. Chinese Imitation ACOG, Going Beyond the Cosmetic Differences

Eric

UZI Talk Supporter
It's been 3 years since I posted a video on how I corrected the out-of-focus problem of the Chinese imitation ACOG. At the end of that video, I said, "In my next video, I will show the tests that I actually performed on the imitation ACOGs". Well, I finally posted those test results.

Fake ACOG vs. Real ACOG performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQQUJFhnj0

Fake ACOG vs. Real ACOG appearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwFsdDcfD0

I tested the imitations quite extensively and concluded that I wouldn't use them on either my AR-15s or MAX-11/15, mainly because the reticles are not calibrated for anything and they failed the water resistance test badly. But I am keeping one on my MAX-31 for the time being. I like it pretty well on that platform as long as it doesn't rain.

rentprop1

I had several rifles that we sold on consignment that didn't come with ACOG boxes and I could have used that video several times in the past to deal with the jokers on Gb questioning if the Acog was real or fake, well done and bookmarked for future reference

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
You can't beat the real thing.I bought one for my MAX-11/15 and love it.Been blasting baseball size rocks on the 100yd berm with burst fire.All who have looked through it are amazed by the clarity of the glass.

Batty67

You can't beat the real thing.I bought one for my MAX-11/15 and love it.Been blasting baseball size rocks on the 100yd berm with burst fire.All who have looked through it are amazed by the clarity of the glass.

This. I have one (which I got almost new for an almost-steal) on my Sig M400 and folks are amazed at the quality of the glass and how easy it is to get hits at 100+ yards.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter