UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Sterling mags, parts & accessories sources

I have Sterling replacement parts sets complete for 400.00 +10.00 shipping/ Handling. For information contact me at tnorona@gmail.com

beautiful laser cut tubes for semi or post sample build
    http://www.sksparts.com/receivertube...RGOODDTUFF.htm

I have 10 sterling MK-4 kits in good+ condition for sale.
    $350.00 + shipping ($17.50)
    They are from my personal collection, so If your interested, send me a private message.

I've been saving these for a rainy day, so not all that excited to sell, but Its x-mas and the lady needs a diamond ring....sucks

UZI Talk Life Member
    PM sent
    "Tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people.... The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision... Assuming you can never lose your freedom, is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    --Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Court in Silviera v. Lockyer

UZI Talk Life Member
    PM sent.

Noah
    Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .

where i can get barrels? do you have an idea?

Barrels

I will be making 50 Mk4 barrels. I will be taking orders starting 12/11. The price will be around $200 +/-

that sounds good, i think 'ill take one

Quote Originally Posted by L34A1
    I will be making 50 Mk4 barrels. I will be taking orders starting 12/11. The price will be around $200 +/-

ill take one too!

Gentleman, I have both of you down for one each. I will be starting an individual thread with the exact cost soon. Production should start right after Christmas.

threaded also???

Can they be made long enough and threaded to mount a suppressor. if so I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dang
    Great idea I would by one of those too if it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by leadpoisonr
    Great idea I would by one of those too if it can be done!
    I thought that someone had already made that?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'll take one too. Threaded end would be great!
    Thanks in advance.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Dang
    Andy, some outfit in Oregon made a bolt on adapter a few years ago, if that's what you're thinking. AFAIK, no one ever posted any positive user input.

I think you could sell a ton of Sterling barrels with a 1/2x28 threaded end but, last I checked, the only way to get the threaded end thru the opening in the barrel support is to open up the hole a bit. Any thoughts on this?

John C

UZI Talk Life Member
    Andy, some outfit in Oregon made a bolt on adapter a few years ago, if that's what you're thinking. AFAIK, no one ever posted any positive user input.
    I think it was BGS. There's some mention of them in this old thread:
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6213

I thought that someone had already made that?
    PK had one at the UT shoot
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...377#post137377
    "Tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people.... The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision... Assuming you can never lose your freedom, is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    --Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Court in Silviera v. Lockyer

Threaded barrel

I checked a few dims and dont know if it would work.

Hole in shroud is .450"
    edge to edge screw holes .675"

If you opened the hole up to .600" that would only leave a shoulder for the can to screw up against of .050".

Would that be enough????

This gun needs to be supressed.

Quote Originally Posted by John C

I think you could sell a ton of Sterling barrels with a 1/2x28 threaded end but, last I checked, the only way to get the threaded end thru the opening in the barrel support is to open up the hole a bit. Any thoughts on this?

John C
    P7M13 did this to his converted MK6, which was easy to go back and forth on the suppression. You simply take of the fake front bayonet cap. On a real Mk4 you can't do this, unless you machine off the bayonet cap first and then treat it like a Mk6. Then you need to produce that front bayonet cap from a parts kit. Question is: How many people are willing to destroy their Mk4 front end using PK's method for a suppressor? If you want an extended Mk4 barrel, it has already been done and listed in the above forums. In order to do a run of custom extended Mk4 barrels, I would need 50 people (min) up front.

UZI Talk Life Member
    “Destroy” is a very hard word.

I have absolutely no regrets about boring out my end cap. This gun fitted with a good suppressor is so satisfying to shoot I would do it again in a heart beat.

Did I ruin a valuable collector? Hell no! 1- it’s a built gun, not a factory original. 2- It will still do everything an unmodified gun will (and more). 3- It still uses stock barrels if needed.

I plan to run a few more of these barrels in the future; a couple of friends are begging me and it will allow me to spend more time with my gun when we go shooting, while theirs sit in the car (unsuppressed)
    Diamond K Precision Machine & Gunsmithing

Quote Originally Posted by PK
    “Destroy” is a very hard word.

I have absolutely no regrets about boring out my end cap. This gun fitted with a good suppressor is so satisfying to shoot I would do it again in a heart beat.

Did I ruin a valuable collector? Hell no! 1- it’s a built gun, not a factory original. 2- It will still do everything an unmodified gun will (and more). 3- It still uses stock barrels if needed.

I plan to run a few more of these barrels in the future; a couple of friends are begging me and it will allow me to spend more time with my gun when we go shooting, while theirs sit in the car (unsuppressed)
    Ok, destroy is hard I'll give you that Those who want a threaded barrel for their Mk4, PK is your man. I will continue with the Mk4 barrels plan.

+ Reply to Thread