UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barrel shroud

Barrel shroud

I am finishing my Norinco 320, and when I replace the barrel with the one offered from Bushmaster, I see they also offer a barrel shroud attached to the muzzle nut. My question is a shroud legal to use?, and if anybody knows if this shroud they offer is supported around the muzzle or if it is just extended from the nut up the barrel and is free floating? If it is just free floating it seams to me that it would get bent in toward the barrel with any use. This board has been so good with information that has been very useful in my work on my UZI. When it is done I will post some pictures with a full description of what was done so as to maybe help another make some hopefully good decisions on theirs.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Shroud is legal. Shroud has nut attached to it which secures the barel just like the original nut. Shroud is free floating and barrel isn't centered perfect but does not effect firing or looks.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Originally posted by kanewtervalve
    Shroud is legal. Shroud has nut attached to it which secures the barel just like the original nut. Shroud is free floating and barrel isn't centered perfect but does not effect firing or looks.

How's the barrel end look on this thing?

I want one like this, but solid and was wondering.
    NFAtalk.org

UZI shroud

Thanks for the information and the nice pic. Is that a Bushmaster shroud?, and a pic of the business end would be great.

UZI Talk Supporter

Thumbs up

Yeah a pic of the muzzle end and skoot the camera over and lets see full shot of that M1a( that stock is beautiful)

UZI Talk Life Member
    Originally posted by Funker
    Yeah a pic of the muzzle end and skoot the camera over and lets see full shot of that M1a( that stock is beautiful)
    I will second that... Looks like some really nice quality....

Rather than make a new post, I figured on a BTT from an older one...

The shrod posted by kanewtervalve, how much is it and where did you get it?

Also what i've found so far is this for 31.10

and this for 29.90

both from http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd....rSuperSKU=&MC=

and this for 36.95

This for 29.95

I figure I'll take off the foregrip if I got one with one.

Any thoughts?

I don't feel like making this a SBR or getting a real can. My price limit for this little project is limited. New babies tend to put a dent in disposable income.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I've been trying to decide between those myself. I like the way the E&L look way better than the one Numrich sells, but I hate the fact that it attaches via set screw. I like the fact that the Numrich screws on, but it looks so thin, I just don't see the point. There's a member here that makes one out of a type of solid plastic cylinder with a hole bored out which is thick enough, and screws on like the Numrich one, but I really want one made of metal. I'm actually considering buying the E&L & having it welded to a barrel nut.
    If you're going to knock a man down...do it so he can't get up.

UZI Talk Supporter

DA' Beans!!
    if any of you get a shroud, make sure you keep an eye on the barrel itself, trust me, the uzi looks cool in the corner with the "can" on it, but I went to clean it once and pulled of the shroud, surface rust everywhere. Just a little FYI for all.

Chris
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will be sitting in a boat drinking beer all day.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Originally posted by the brass man
    if any of you get a shroud, make sure you keep an eye on the barrel itself, trust me, the uzi looks cool in the corner with the "can" on it, but I went to clean it once and pulled of the shroud, surface rust everywhere. Just a little FYI for all.

Chris
    Maybe one should run some hi-temp Tetra grease over the barrel. It will take the heat and still protect.
    "Tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people.... The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision... Assuming you can never lose your freedom, is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    --Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Court in Silviera v. Lockyer

UZI Talk Supporter

DA' Beans!!
    thanks muzzleflash, i am going to try duracoat, i have a run of it to do anyway so i will hit the barrel at the same time.
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will be sitting in a boat drinking beer all day.

Originally posted by the brass man

Chris
    Would I be correct in assUming that a ventilated shroud would make that less likely? --i.e. since the air has a better avenue of circulating and less chance of humid air laying dormant like in a full shroud.

What would you choose?

hmm.. looks good

Barrel shroud

I am going to buy the vented shroud from Numrich, I will post a pic when I finally get every thing together on my 320.

I WANT ONE for muh Model B!!!!

I prefer the one that attaches right on with its own barrel nut, and if the foregrip is detachable so much the better!!

FINALLY shot my .45 carbine & at 25yds the 5 shot grouping was dead center in a police silhouette's head!!!

Never touched the sights, like she was made for me to shoot!!!!

Think a shroud would dress her up nicely though & the foregrip might tighten my groupings even more?!!!

Puh-leez advisde who sells those shrouds, where online ya can find them & lets talk $$$$!!!

UZI fan Geo

+ Reply to Thread