UZI Talk Forums

View Poll Results: I would buy an ambidextrous Uzi lower if they were made at a reasonable price.

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 38.10%
  • No

39 61.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy an ambidextrous Uzi lower?

Would you buy an ambidextrous Uzi lower?

A discussion has been going on about ambi lowers on this thread . I am curious how many other people would be interested in one of these lowers if they were made. Perhaps if there is enough interest we can twist someones arm to make them.

UZI Talk Supporter

Count me in for one....

Lots of lefties shoot my FA Uzi

Administrator
    How about getting Phil to make some?
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

UZI Talk Supporter

Talking Phil

Phil who???????

Administrator

Re: Phil

Originally posted by Funker
    Phil who???????
    One of the Florida contingency that was at the UZI Talk shoot. (Remember, the one you skipped.) He does the welding on Amphibian's top covers and I'm sure he could whip up some of the ambi lowers.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Phil and I have discussed it but it is really not a priority at this time. We are trying to bring something else out soon.
    More details when we actually have something to show.

UZI Talk Supporter
    FFL/C&R

Phil and I have discussed it but it is really not a priority at this time. We are trying to bring something else out soon.
    *Crosses his fingers for the release of the UZI rail system*

UZI Talk Life Member
    Originally posted by amphibian
    More details when we actually have something to show.
    Mysterious......

UZI Talk Supporter
    All lefties sound off like you got a pair

I'm in. I actually filed down my selector switch on the left side because it was cutting into my hand/trigger finger, I just smoothed out the edges. I just would like to have the selector on the right side only, no ambi, but I can always file it down also, just so I can have a selector on the right side........

I want one!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Regarding slings;

I know that the position of the sling makes it practically unusable by left handed people, but has any lefty out there tried using one of those clamp on sling swivels on a handguard mounted rail?
    If you're going to knock a man down...do it so he can't get up.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    I love those ambi lowers but doubt I would buy one. I pushed the selector over to "A" when I first got the gun a few years ago and have never moved it since. True Story.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Originally posted by Renegade
    I love those ambi lowers but doubt I would buy one. I pushed the selector over to "A" when I first got the gun a few years ago and have never moved it since. True Story.
    I think Renegade makes a very good point here.
    I rarely move my selector off of FA. The only times I do is when I need to zero it which is rare.
    On the MICRO, yes, I use the selector more often but on the MINI and full size very rarely.
    I don't trust a guns safety. I adhere to strict muzzle discipline and there isn't a problem.
    Last edited by amphibian; 04-15-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Nope! I don't want one...

Administrator
    I don't know that I would draw any association between a gun safety and muzzle discipline because muzzle discipline should always be observed regardless of the use of a safety, but I do agree that a subgun safety is not particularly useful because few of us use a subgun for its designed purpose. The safety is to allow the operator to keep the weapon in a loaded, ready position without actually firing. For most of us, the gun is either in a cleared position or it's being fired so the safety has little value.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Originally posted by RoverDave
    muzzle discipline should always be observed regardless of the use of a safety
    Key word here is should .
    I was trying to stress this because there are quite a few people that I've seen at ranges that seem to think just because a gun has a safety engaged they can wave the gun all over.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If ambi lowers are made, you might as well make lefty sling mounts at the same time.

I have always heard left handed people are in their "right mind".

Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

FFL-07/SOT

Let us know

Let us know what you are working on comming out with next so other manuf. can make the same thing and claim it as thiers.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

UZI Talk Life Member

Re: Let us know

Originally posted by David Hineline
    Let us know what you are working on comming out with next so other manuf. can make the same thing and claim it as thiers.
    You're getting jaded in your old age, buddy.
    "Tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people.... The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision... Assuming you can never lose your freedom, is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    --Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Court in Silviera v. Lockyer

Banned

UZI Talk Supporter
    No intrest in a lefty lower but I do have a intrest in a "quality" left handed sling mount . being a lefty ....
    My selector moves freely back and forth with my indext finger. I've never owned a left handed gun in my life, accept for the single action six shooters that I prefer to hunt with.. I can also operate a bolt rifle with a bipod as fast as a semi since I cycle the action with my right hand and my left never has to leaves the trigger frame

Later
    Rich

PS:
    For those that don't know Sam colt was left handed hence the loading/unloading gate on the right side. a lefty doesn't ever have to let a single action out of their left hand to load or unload.

+ Reply to Thread