UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: full-auto in arizona?

full-auto in arizona?

I'd like to buy a full-auto .22lr or 9mm uzi, but I dont know the first thing about it, or even if I can anymore.

The uzitalk FAQ says its illegal to modify any gun into a full auto, so I guess I'd have to buy a pre-ban one? And an adapter kit to shoot .22lr's?

This probably relates to the pre-ban item, but if you can buy other full auto guns, can you buy others like the G-18 or so ons?

Like the title says, I'm in Arizona, if that matters.

Thanks for any info, I'm completely new to this.

-D

UZI Talk Supporter

Welcome to Uzi Talk

Hello from the lower southwest corner. I believe there are SOT/FFL Dealers located all around our state.
    Maybe if you give and area/location, some one from that area can tell you where to go.

It is illegal to modify any weapon to fire full auto. Unless licenced to do So.
    What you need to look for are called "Fully transferables" ClassIII/ NFA weapons . These are found on several site's in the for sale section. Since your new to this you might want to check out the Prices on what you looking for . Here a good site.

www. subguns.com
    Last edited by Funker; 07-18-2005 at 08:22 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    So you are new to this stuff... Well welcome aboard... Just remember there is no turning back... You should run before you get the fever!!! Bad news all around... Regular firearms will seem like little kids toys!!!

Just to let you know, since you can only buy "Preban" automatics they are expensive... A full auto Uzi in 9mm will set you back $5-7,000. You do need a have a clean background (no felonies) and it takes a $200 transfer. That is good for your lifetime... If you sell, the next guy pays the tax... Also you need to appreciate the wait... Pay your cash and about 6 months when all is approved you can pick up your toy!!!

There are several other small points but don't want to bore you at this time... Search around on the old posts and there is a ton of info in the reference library...

UZI Talk Life Member

Re: full-auto in arizona?

Originally posted by g23man
    This probably relates to the pre-ban item, but if you can buy other full auto guns, can you buy others like the G-18 or so ons?
    -D
    An answer to your other question... The full auto transferable firearms had their population frozen in May 1986... So the full auto glocks were not around then... Only things that were converted and registered as a full auto before that time are legal to own now.. The full auto Glocks you see are owned by dealers who can make/buy to use as demonstration samples for police or military only.

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

There are C3 dealers all over the state.

I'm a C3 in Gold Canyon. Where abouts are you located?

Thanks!

Mike

Hey, I'm in the tucson, az area!

Yeesh! 5-7k is a bit more than I hoped, but I guess I should expect that for pre ban stuff.

Any idea about the .22lr kits? I read somewhere that that "didnt count" as a real gun. I imagine thats crap though.

Too bad about the G18, and everything else after 1986. I wasnt old enough to stockpile :o)

Thanks!

-D

EDIT:
    I already found two I like! Ones a .22lr only: http://autoweapons.com/photosn/photosfeb04/678ak.html and the other does 9mm and .22lr - I like it the most! :o)

http://autoweapons.com/photos05/apr/1010uzi.html
    Last edited by g23man; 07-18-2005 at 09:59 PM.

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Originally posted by g23man
    Hey, I'm in the tucson, az area!

Yeesh! 5-7k is a bit more than I hoped, but I guess I should expect that for pre ban stuff.

Any idea about the .22lr kits? I read somewhere that that "didnt count" as a real gun. I imagine thats crap though.

Too bad about the G18, and everything else after 1986. I wasnt old enough to stockpile :o)

Thanks!

-D

EDIT:
    I already found two I like! Ones a .22lr only: http://autoweapons.com/photosn/photosfeb04/678ak.html and the other does 9mm and .22lr - I like it the most! :o)

http://autoweapons.com/photos05/apr/1010uzi.html
    I used to have an EXACT clone of that .22lr AK. It's an early Bingham. Farmer converted a rare few into f/a, but they're really rare and more expensive than a transferrable Uzi.

That second one is either a bolt gun, a SBR, or one with a dummy barrel.

May I recommend looking at a semiauto or a SBR Vector?

Thanks!

Mike

UZI Talk Life Member

Hello from Kingman and Welcome Aboard!!

If you shop around, you can get a full-auto MAC 11 for around $3000. There are a few other nice FA's such as the Reising that you can get for around $4000.

Just remember, as Brian said, these toys are addictive!! Plus, you can spend a fortune on accessories.

Another place to look at FA prices is www.sturmgewehr.com

Good Luck.
    Proudly living in the heart of the infamous "UZI Triangle."

I see M11/9 macs on subguns.com for around $2500 on a regular basis. I have one and enjoy it. Its not as versatile as an uzi, but it is full auto. Its about as cheap as you can go with these firearms.

Just because something shoots .22 doesn't mean its cheap. American 180's shoot .22 and run well over $10,000. Its more due to how rare they are. The supply of machine guns available to regular people is fixed and prices keep rising over time. I paid $2750 for my Vector uzi 3 years ago -- and I questioned my sanity then.

If you can afford it, do it. I wouldn't recommend spending your kids college money on them though. Transfers, or the guns themselves could be banned with a stroke of the pen.

Hey All-

Thanks for the info.

I'll shop around a little and see what I can find. $2500-$3k sounds livable.

I did find some for upwards of 25k so I guess the sky is the limit here!

I wish I would have stockpiled these in 85!

Hey, Az Paul... Whats the Uzi triangle? Why am I not surprized that Az is in the middle of it :o)

-D

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

While not exactly a hugely known or "desirable" gun, take a look at the Spitfire.

I've seen them as low as a Mac ($2,500 or so) and have yet to hear any owner complain about their gun.

Mike

There was a spitfire for sale on subguns a month or two ago. Looked kind of like a Thompson. I think it was even billed as the "poorman's Thompson".

My only concern would be getting parts for it if something broke. The nice thing about Macs and Uzis are that parts are cheap and all over the place. All kinds of things are available for macs. Check out this site for example:

http://www.max-11.com/

+ Reply to Thread