UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac lower receiver, factory or a kit?

Mac lower receiver, factory or a kit?

Hello,

Noob, first posting.

I am trying to find out if my Cobray M11 (9mm) receiver is a hand bent kit, or the real deal from Cobray. Funny how I can't find a serial number on the right side.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this?

I'll give you the best of details as possible.
    The only markings on the receiver are the Cobray logo on the right rear side, the safe and fire stampings, and semi stamped on the left side of the receiver. The welds look proffessional, and the receiver was a single piece of metal (a flat ) The finish is an Olive drab.

Any ideas?

I bow at your knowledge and wisdom...

Rufus

UZI Talk Supporter

Ok, look at this....

the following is a pre-SWD M11/9mm flat. Except for the lack of a circle around the Cobray & "SEMI" & "FULL" markings, the flat should be identical to any "factory" flat encountered.

A factory formed channel will have additional info stamped on it. To the right of the stock plunger pin hole: M11/NINEmm (Bullet symbol) with makers name below. Serial number should be found to the left of the receiver pin, above & to the right of "FIRE" marking. If no maker's name outside, look inside behind the magwell for a Tooling Enterprises Inc, Buffalo NY rollmark(ALL in CAPS). If no serial number, it most likely was formed outside the factory. Also, as a side note, a flat with a magwell hole in it was determined to be a weapon, just as a folded flat is.

Another note, factory semi receivers were marked "SEMI" under the proper selector stop & all others were marked "SMG" under the other stop. Converted guns(David's Gun Room, etc) may have both markings.

Around GA, I have heard of unmarked & partially marked weapons that have turned up in unusual places, both semi & smg's w/suppressor. Stranger things have happened.....

Hopefully this helps.
    Thanks for stopping by our tables at KCR!

Call for your MAC needs.
    706-885-2058

wildmann's project page

wildmann43@(remove)charter.net

westgeorgia-armory.com

Mac lower

wildmann43-

Thanks for you posting.

This doesn't look anything like I have.

btw, I really miss Knob Creek Gun Range out on Hwy 44. What a place! You can miss the turn if you aren't careful! (KY Native)

I will check the magwell tomorrow.

No SMG stamp is present, just semi. I am troubled...

Thanks,

Rufus

Blank frame

Send a photo if you can

Stamped or not

This is what i have.

Rufus
    Attached Images  

It's a closed bolt semi, right?

If there is no serial number, it wasn't made at the factory.

If it's open bolt and there's no serial number, its probably contraband.

Those flats are pretty cheap, it would be pretty easy for someone to build one up themselves.

somethings not right

It's a closed bolt.

If this was a stamp, it has to be the best job I have seen on one. The welds are tight, even, and dead nuts! Must have been done by a certified welder.

How's the security at Cobray? Would it be possible that one left the factory prior to stamping?

Still scratching my head....

Rufus

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well. it's not factory parkerizing. That is a folded receiver. There were alot of semi's made from about 1989 to 1990 that had a greenish tint to them. That one piece receiver pin is from the mid '90's & forward.

You need to compare it to a known factory receiver, look at the magwell opening, how the front tabs are welded in, is there a "sear block" welded in & is the sear stud hole open.

Security at Cobray? Cameras & metal detectors, lie detector tests for employees, etc...
    Thanks for stopping by our tables at KCR!

Call for your MAC needs.
    706-885-2058

wildmann's project page

wildmann43@(remove)charter.net

westgeorgia-armory.com

+ Reply to Thread