UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: uzi receiver

uzi receiver

ive recently discovered the fun world of building guns. i would like to build a s/a uzi next. Does anyone have any good sources for receivers?, (FULL SIZE UZI CARBINE)and usa made bolts? I would like 100% complete receiver. I dont want an imi because i want to do a my own finish on the gun, and i dont have the heart to strip off the finish off of an imi.
    There are so many people making parts for uzi it will be easy making it 922r.

I bought another fal off my dealer today, and he gave me some usa vector sa uzi parts on the house, and he said if i find a uzi receiver he'll do my ffl transfer for free......so how can i not want to build one! hell, how hard could it be with a 100% receiver, as i just finished my first screw build ak 80%er.

any tips would be helpful, i cant wait to post the pics when im done...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just made a Jig to press the ribs in sheet metal to make UZI flats.
    The pic below is a sample press on 1.6 mm ; of the right side with the ejector port ribs.
    These are flats for Micro or Pistol builds.

As you may know 100% FS receiver are nearly all IMI's. D&D made a few 100% receiver from thier unfinished Group Ind. stock. Other than that there are no other 100% receiver on the market.
    USA semi bolt tend to be modified SMG bolts with the slot milled, firing pin hole drilled, left milled off and the feets reworked. These are considered MAJOR modification that are reworked to function other than their original intention.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by suka5168; 01-12-2006 at 08:26 AM.

The two hardest parts about converting a FA bolt to semi are going to be.
    1: Drilling the firing pin hole. 2: running either a ball mill down the inside of the bolt and cleaning it up towards the firing pin area with another end mill. OR What I did was ran a carbide 13/32 end mill down from the front to the bolt face firing pin. you need to do this for the bolt to clear the feed ramp restrictor.
    THESE BOLTS ARE HARD STUFF!! milling the firing pin off, left bottom of the bolt, and lower feed lip ate 3 end mills the slot for the restricter bar in the reciever ate one double ended mill. Once you get into the bolt it's pretty soft but the hardness is penetrated pretty deep. Once I get the channel hogged out and the firing pin hole drilled it's done. Right now it's a paper weight, it's neither a FA or SEMI bolt right now.
    you could in thery skip the 13/32 end mill procces by cutting the the restriter ring off of the feed ramp but then it's only good for that gun and I don't like the idea of taking that off since a FA bolt will fit and want to keep the gun strickly semi(leagal).
    Also you can make a adapter ring with a lathe to fit the semi barrel to a FA trunion again I would weld that in permanent so a FA barrel doesn't fit.
    I'm currently waiting for the shop down the street to resharpen my end mill to complete the bolt. when it's done I'll get this place some pix.
    BTW if you're going to build a UZI and use a parts kit you are going to need acces to a machine shop like I do. not much in a parts kit that will fit without major tooling.
    good luck finding a reciever 100% or in the white (80%) they are drying up fast.
    my 1st UZI was a 100% complete reciever kinda like building a AR15
    the three I have now are in the white.
    I'm waiting on some mini parts to come and then I'm gonna "suka5168"
    one of my 80%er's
    Later Rich

UZI Talk Supporter

Try Sarco http://www.sarcoinc.com/rifles-receivers1.html This is the best price I've seen.

thanks gutshot, scored a uzi and fal receiver!

i plan to do some intresting things with it

I bought my IMI receiver from SARCO about 4-5 years ago. Be sure to check and make sure the ejector and sling swival are there when you get it. Mine were missing.

Back in day, lots of semi auto parts (bolts/striker/lower assembly) were available on Ebay pretty reasonably.

...."Just made a Jig to press the ribs in sheet metal to make UZI flats.
    The pic below is a sample press on 1.6 mm ; of the right side with the ejector port ribs.
    These are flats for Micro or Pistol builds...."

Are these flats available and on the market, and how much ?

Tim

UZI Talk Life Member
    Are these flats available and on the market, and how much ?
    Im making these myself, lots of modifications and scratch build.
    Basiclly, a Uzi Repair Channel with correct Ribs on the ejection side.

If you really really want one I could mail it to you in Aus.
    Aus. Post is rather cheap but going out on this end may not.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by suka5168
    Im making these myself, lots of modifications and scratch build.

Aus. Post is rather cheap but going out on this end may not.
    Hey Suka,
    how difficult woud it be to make a mold (or die, or whatever it would be called) to stamp out new full size (or for that matter mini) UZI receivers? I'd always heard this was prohibitively expensive, but it doesn't really look too much more complicated than what you've done. I'm sure folks at Vector would love to be able to make their own receivers. I heard they'd tried to buy the ones from GI, but were unable to for some reason.
    If you're going to knock a man down...do it so he can't get up.

UZI Talk Life Member
    The difficult part with the Full/Mini is the round front trunion area. Even i myself have pondered on that. For the most part the ribs are rather easy to do. These ribs were done on a rather small 80 ton press.
    The jig itself is milled from rather soft metal, as I only planned on pressing a couple. For A commercial production jig It should run rather high with quality steel and design feaures. (Id estimate $6000 if I had to make one with a CNC machine). Since Vector is making only a few thousand reciever,They should look ino this option. The IMI toolings were designed for 500,000+ units runs of Uzi.

..."Aus. Post is rather cheap but going out on this end may not..."

Aus Post is bringing in a total ban on the carriage of any weapons and associated parts as of Feb 1, nice of them to give the gun importing community here a whole 10 days notice, too bad if you have something on a boat thats 2 months away. Anything landing after Feb 1 will be returned to sender or destroyed.

However I am still very interested, in a micro and mini, only for replica builds though, I have a spare UP grip frame and top cover left over from the buyback <I am told the UP grip frame is rare, it has a pointy trigger guard???>

I also have a front and rear demilled pieces for a mini build with handguards.

Are these things in flat or channel form?

And of course the price?

Thanks

Tim

PS 10 days after the amnesty ended last year, the cops arrived with warrant in hand and SEIZED my amnesty registered UZI :<, I better not say what they did to my MAC, will upset too many MAC fans

UZI Talk Supporter

PS 10 days after the amnesty ended last year, the cops arrived with warrant in hand and SEIZED my amnesty registered UZI :<, I better not say what they did to my MAC, will upset too many MAC fans
    Damn dude...I feel for you.
    -------------------------
    peace!
    Happiness=UPS+ORMD

UZI Talk Life Member
    It could be just "sheet metal". you bend.
    Remenber its just a square metal , no ears or sight post.

Thats exactly what I want, flats are legal to import, channels???, well I bought a full size one in a few years ago, and it was detained for 3 months, they tried to seize, saying it "could" be a receiver with some work, I replied so can any steel tubing from the local plumbing shop.

They released it to me......covered in surface rust

Where would one get sights and ears for a UP?, I have only ever seen one UP parts kit for sale before with the demilled receiver, are there any demilled Micro pieces for sale anywhere?

Tim

UZI Talk Life Member
    It will be a complete scartch build with bits and pieces from a full size parts kit. But mostly all from scartch.

root

Do you have thoughts on what to do it with and how to, drill the firing pin hole? Thats next on my agenda

IMac10

I'm going to use a lathe to drill the firing pin hole, so far my problem has been finding a bit that is long enough, since I want to drill it from where the old firing pin/lower feed lip was milled off.
    only doing this because I can see where the old firing pin was milled. So it will line right up with no trouble.
    one thing I have been thinking of doing is just extending the drill bit with a steel rod and welding them together.
    getting that square though may be more work than drilling it from the rear.
    I don't want to mess this bolt up... So far it's comming along "right"
    and would be ashame to have it run out do to being in a rush.
    Again having patience and the "right" stuff make all the diffrence with this kinda custom work.
    I haven't even got the end mill back from the guy that sharpens them yet.
    he said a weeks time. I guess he didn't say what week LOL!!!
    drilling the FP hole will be the last step since it's going to be the hardest to get right. Probably should have done it 1st though thatway if I do ruin the bolt I would have done it right from the start.
    later
    Rich

..."Im making these myself, lots of modifications and scratch build.

Aus. Post is rather cheap but going out on this end may not"...

Hey Suka5168

Did you ever end up making those Uzi pistol receiver flats?, I just found this old post, thought I had lst it, would still be really interested in one for a replica build if you made/make them

Tim

UZI Talk Life Member
    With the jig I had, I made one. That as far as it went.
    Still have the jig.

do you still have "the one" and do you want to sell it? , or are you able to make another?

+ Reply to Thread