UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Norrell 10/22 select fire "trigger pack"

Banned

Norrell 10/22 select fire "trigger pack"

How easy are they to install in a stock 10/22? How reliable are they in F.A. and what's the approx. rate of fire in F.A.? As much fun as a good reliable AM-180 or would I be in for a let down?

Thanks!

UZI Talk Supporter
    I don't think they are that hard to install, it's a trigger pack and bolt. ROF is fairly high, around 1200-1300. Everyone I have talked to that had one liked them, and say they are reliable. Mr. Norrell, does most of my transfers, and is a true gentleman.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -Sir William Pitt, The Younger 1783

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    They are simple to install, no harder than swapping out a stock.

ROF - varies with ammo, I have measured over 1500 RPM with Stingers.

Here is 50 round dump:

http://tradecraft.us/Videos/1022FA.divx
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

I recently purchased one. ROF is high; a 30 round mag empties out in under 2 seconds.

Reliability is excellent, especially compared to the AM180. With the right ammo, the Norrell kit is close to 100%.

Downside: Cost. These packs have gotten really expensive lately.

FFL/SOT

The Cat's Ass

100% Run for 1600+ Rds. before cleaning.

Banned
    Any idea on who may have one for sale and what a fair price would be?

Any possibly someone is sitting on a bunch and may impact the market by releasing them at once?

Thanks again for the info. Would love to own one, just seem to be priced high for what they are.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Quote Originally Posted by rentexecutive@comcast.net
    Any idea on who may have one for sale and what a fair price would be?

Any possibly someone is sitting on a bunch and may impact the market by releasing them at once?

Thanks again for the info. Would love to own one, just seem to be priced high for what they are.
    That is what Norrell is doing. He is releasing a 5 or so every couple of months, and has caused prices to nearly double in 2 years.

http://www.autoweapons.com/products/products.html

Vito at Only The Best has one for sale, and I believe it is $10k.

IMHO these trigger packs should be seen as only one thing and thats a unique NFA collector gun. Other than that they are a waste of money!
    Cons:
    Price way to high
    ROF too high.
    Mags too small for such a high rate of fire.
    very limited to no options for calibre changes.

Other than collector value. Why would anyone blow 10K when for far far less you could get a multi purpose gun like AC556 for 223/22. It shoots 223 as well as .22.
    Or a Vector Uzi with a 22kit. Just think how many 22 uzi mags you could get with the money you save.
    Or a M16 DIAS for 10K.
    Last edited by xm15e2s; 02-19-2006 at 09:12 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xm15e2s
    IMHO these trigger packs should be seen as only one thing and thats a unique NFA collector gun. Other than that they are a waste of money!
    Cons:
    Price way to high
    ROF too high.
    Mags too small for such a high rate of fire.
    very limited to no options for calibre changes.
    Waste of money??? Better put your jacket on and go home... You are in the wrong club!!!!

But like you said price is too high and mags too small... Mostly 25 rounders and the latest prices are about 9k and up... I was thinking of getting one... But price seems high... BTW I would skip the trigger pack... The guns are like $200 and most toss the gun in with the deal... Norrel is releasing them at about 10 per year or so... No waiting list and first come first serve when he has the available on his site... (IIRC his last price was $8500)From what I hear they are very reliable if you have good mags...

I guess I will stick with an American 180... The mags are 11 times the size for common ones...

fun gun!!!!

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ski
    Waste of money??? Better put your jacket on and go home... You are in the wrong club!!!!
    [/URL]

+1

A "waste of money" is my $30K pickup truck I bought 4 years ago which is now worth less than a Norrell trigger pack.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    +1

A "waste of money" is my $30K pickup truck I bought 4 years ago which is now worth less than a Norrell trigger pack.
    Sure will give you that... How many people you know driving new cars saying I wish I had that kind of money to buy a gun... And what will their cars be worth in a couple years??? Not saying the people who buy cars a few years old... The new ones that loose 10k when they drive off the lot!!!

Banned
    Expense vs. Investment possibly?

I've yet to see M.G. prices go anywhere but up.

You could probably argue they are a high risk investment (who knows what new legislation, if introduced, would do to the market), and the return is low unless you look at the long term (20 years to present), but you would have a hard time putting them into a depreciable expense category with such things as used automobiles.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Have you honestly seen any investment that actually makes money that is not high risk???

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    How easy are they to install in a stock 10/22? How reliable are they in F.A. and what's the approx. rate of fire in F.A.? As much fun as a good reliable AM-180 or would I be in for a let down?

Thanks!

Have both and the 180 is funner. 10-22 is stealthy with the bush button selector but until a high cap drum is made for it the 180 wins in my book...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ski
    Have you honestly seen any investment that actually makes money that is not high risk???
    Yep. 12 month Bank "Jumbo" CD. $10,000.00 (about what you would pay for the 10/22trigger pack). Gauranteed and insured principal plus interest at 5.2%. Just bought one instead of a C&R Sten I was considering. Next year at this time I guess we will know if I did right!

UZI Talk Life Member
    A local friend is selling this Norrell advertised here on the board. I'll vouch for his integrity and the quality of the unit. Like all his guns, it's first rate or he wouldn't own it, and he takes great care of every thing he owns. I know Cookie saw the Sten, FNC, and factory Sterling conversion that he was selling at the SAR show. Each one of them were very nice examples. This Norrell is just as nice.
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17043

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG
    ...I know Cookie saw the Sten, FNC, and factory Sterling conversion that he was selling at the SAR show. Each one of them were very nice examples...
    Yes they were. All were well taken care of.
    "I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more, if they had known they were slaves."
    Harriet Tubman

I have a Norrell pak and love it. A fun gun. Easy to swap between a non- suppressed and a suppressed gun. I am in the process of making a pistol that the pak will fit. A f/a .22 pistol should be a hoot.

I looked at a 180 but there is a 180 type upper being tested now that works with an M-16 lower and I am waiting on that. It takes 180 drums and will run $1500.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yep. 12 month Bank "Jumbo" CD. $10,000.00 (about what you would pay for the 10/22trigger pack). Gauranteed and insured principal plus interest at 5.2%. Just bought one instead of a C&R Sten I was considering. Next year at this time I guess we will know if I did right!
    Make you a deal... Shoot me an email when it comes up and let me know... Serious....

+ Reply to Thread