UZI Talk Forums

View Poll Results: If you could only pick one....

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • CFW bolt

21 48.84%
  • MAX-31 upper

22 51.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: CFW bolt or MAX-31 upper

UZI Talk Supporter

CFW bolt or MAX-31 upper

If you could only have one for your M11/9....

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have BOTH, and enjoy both, but if I could only have one, the MAX-31 drum feed upper would have to be it!!!
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    I own the MAX-31 and '31A uppers as well as the CF-W bolts for both platforms. I'm glad I don't have to pick one over the other. They offer two different options and I'm a huge fan of options!

The CF-W bolt installed in the M-11/9 gives you the worlds smallest, modern 9mm subgun with the lowest ROF.
    The MAX-31 is a carbine length platform that's allows the use of affordable, robust, surplus 72 round drums. What's not to like?!
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Max-31

If only one, I will take the Max-31, as I like using drums.

I wouldn't get either. Sooner or later, somebody will bring out a slow ROF M11/9 upper that uses Glock mags. Cheap, high quality, no tweaking required, unlimited supply of stick and drum. A .45 ACP slow ROF M11/9 upper that uses Glock mags will soon follow. Glock mags are the future.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Max-31 because of the 70 round capacity of the drum and the slow fire upper.

Drums! Coffins! Max 31!

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    I wouldn't get either. Sooner or later, somebody will bring out a slow ROF M11/9 upper that uses Glock mags. Cheap, high quality, no tweaking required, unlimited supply of stick and drum. A .45 ACP slow ROF M11/9 upper that uses Glock mags will soon follow. Glock mags are the future.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
    What does this post have to do with the question this post asked? If you want a "hurry for Glock mags" thread, I suggest you start another. I personally think it is rude to try and redirect someone's thread with extraneous information or opinions.

I have to say I prefer the "Gray Ghost" size subgun than the big carbine size 31. 50 round "Z" mags have are close enough for me. I am amazed someone has not adapted "Z" mags to a Beta C . I have other things I am working on, so I just don't have the time.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    Technically speaking the Glock mags are doable now for either the CF-W and Max-31. You just need to attach a Glock grip.

I think it's possible to trim a 1/2" x1/2" x 2" from the frame of an M11/9 and run a G18 slide.

UZI Talk Supporter

Wink

Glock mags have an aggressive angle on them which would put them in the way if you had the forward magwell of a 31 style upper. They look like crap and get in the way on ar-15s when they do that and it would be just the same problem on a MAC, except worse because the MAC grip is straight while the AR rakes back. The only way to adapt one is a grip replacement, and I'm not sure I'd do that.

If someone did a .45 upper for 11/9, they'd be smart to use GG mags, as they are straight.

And yea, quit hijacking.

I feel like for the M11A1 the decision is easier, as the Max-31a turns that gun into a competition ready monster, and the bolt is a little more for range duty. On the 11/9 I'd conjecture that the decision depends on whether you want drums or not. If you're focused on shooting matches with a 30rd limit, the CFW makes more sense economically, if not, 31.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 10-01-2017 at 11:05 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Cfw without a doubt. Compact and 50round zmags.

Max31A is a huge aircraft carrier.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Cfw without a doubt. Compact and 50round zmags.

Max31A is a huge aircraft carrier.
    This

UZI Talk Supporter
    Wow. Dead even poll.

Seems like there both just as awesome!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    Wow. Dead even poll.

Seems like there both just as awesome!
    You voted. Have you experienced either one, preferably both?

UZI Talk Supporter
    i own a CFW bolt but have not fired it...but i did shoot my max 10/31 for the first time tonight and i think i had a machine gun religious experience...OMG....if you can only own 1 pick the max 31....it will not dissapoint.....mr. lage did an amazing job....its now probably my favorite machine gun by far.....

personally id buy both (i did)

UZI Talk Life Member
    Last edited by Hey...; 10-01-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Evil View Post
    I have to say I prefer the "Gray Ghost" size subgun than the big carbine size 31.
    Really? Your arms are twice as long as mine! And while I agree the MAX-31 is a bit long, I always thought the OEM-sized upper was a bit too short.

I was never able to find an Urbach heavy bolt back in the early 2000s, and so I think it's pretty cool that the CFW bolts are out there and available. Options are good.

For subgun matches with no mag limits, the MAX-31 is hard to beat. But I find the grip/magwell faster to reload to. So for the 30-round matches, I think the MAX-11 is about the right size (but that wasn't an option). For an OEM-sized upper, you need a can or a barrel extension sticking out there to drive the gun with.

Just my take on it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    You voted. Have you experienced either one, preferably both?
    Nope.haven't shot neither. Only ever fired a bone stock m11/9

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Really? Your arms are twice as long as mine! And while I agree the MAX-31 is a bit long, I always thought the OEM-sized upper was a bit too short.

I was never able to find an Urbach heavy bolt back in the early 2000s, and so I think it's pretty cool that the CFW bolts are out there and available. Options are good.

For subgun matches with no mag limits, the MAX-31 is hard to beat. But I find the grip/magwell faster to reload to. So for the 30-round matches, I think the MAX-11 is about the right size (but that wasn't an option). For an OEM-sized upper, you need a can or a barrel extension sticking out there to drive the gun with.

Just my take on it.
    He was mentioning the Grey Ghost. Whole different animal. The Grey Ghost with the CFW bolt is like being Rambo while the Lage upper is like Charlie Sheen playing Rambo.

+ Reply to Thread