UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS folding stock option for M11a1

UZI Talk Supporter

PS folding stock option for M11a1

https://macmachineguns.com/?product=380-folding-stock-2

anyone have one of these installed....after shooting a m11a1 with its factory stock i know i need to upgrade...does this product give you adequate cheek weld? or any cheek weld?.....

my biggest question is is it too short....im 200lbs 6' tall....longer arms, but im not a monkey...i like the lage standard plastic folding stock, but want to keep the m11a1 more minimal........just dont want to buy it and find its too small and awkward....maybe the longer m11 stock would work better?

advice?

Cannot comment on the PS, but people like it here. Have you tried the new lage stock?

http://www.max-11.com/M11A1OEMStockPix.html this is the OEM version; you can have him cut it shorter. Measure twice, cut once.

note this doesn't go beyond, although it might be an M11/9. Either way you can have it cut shorter.

The stock adapter that attaches to the lower receiver of the M-11/9 is made from steel and is finished in manganese phosphate. Length from the butt to the rear of the stock adapter plate is 9-1/2". Available in lengths as short as 8". #327A

UZI Talk Life Member
    I made my PS M11/9 stock into a M11A1. I really liked it but I eventually just used the OEM because it's OG.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post

anyone have one of these installed....after shooting a m11a1 with its factory stock i know i need to upgrade...does this product give you adequate cheek weld? or any cheek weld?.....

my biggest question is is it too short....im 200lbs 6' tall....longer arms, but im not a monkey...i like the lage standard plastic folding stock, but want to keep the m11a1 more minimal........just dont want to buy it and find its too small and awkward....maybe the longer m11 stock would work better?

advice?
    I don't know about the M11 but I have one on a M10 45 and its a helluva improvement over the OEM stock.I think you would like it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    that bend up front is where your cheek fits?

the shorter 11a1 isnt too short where you feel like your head is on the gun?

oem stock is amazingly bad

i was so ontop of the gun my eye was ontop of the peep sight.....but i guess thats how a 11a1 is?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes to all ?s. I just removed the stock and shot it like a machine pistol most of the time. I mostly shot the 22 kit. There was no rise with it. I don't compete so I rarely used the sights.
    Last edited by strobro32; 10-05-2017 at 08:57 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    thanks....ordered one from Sam

If you plan on putting a different upper on the gun have Sam reverse the butt pad. The longer lage upper will contact and not allow the stock to close because it tucks in front of the gun when folded. I had him switch to the outside and it works perfect. I'm 6' 260 with monkey arms and the Uzi stock works perfect and looks correct for the gun. I have one for both of my macs and I couldn't imagine them without it. Sam is the man!

UZI Talk Supporter
    i may get a lage 31k for it eventually....not sure.....

dont know if a 10/31 and a 31k are that much different to bother getting both...thanks for the tip though!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    If you plan on putting a different upper on the gun have Sam reverse the butt pad. The longer lage upper will contact and not allow the stock to close because it tucks in front of the gun when folded. I had him switch to the outside and it works perfect. I'm 6' 260 with monkey arms and the Uzi stock works perfect and looks correct for the gun. I have one for both of my macs and I couldn't imagine them without it. Sam is the man!
    can you show a pic so i understand 100%?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sam welds the butt plate on the right side of the stock rod (not in the center) when the firearm is pointed down range. At lease he did when I bought my M11/9 stock. This means when the stock is folded to the right side of the receiver, the stock plate projects away from the side of the receiver.

If you want the butt plate to tuck into toward the barrel of the receiver, to make it more compact, Sam needs to weld the stock rod on the left side of the butt plate to clear the trunnion. That is what I needed to correct when I changed my M11/9 stock to a length that would fit the M11A1.

I just looked at his newer pics on his site. He seems to weld the butt plates on the correct side now. Maybe you won't need to ask him to do it.
    Last edited by strobro32; 10-06-2017 at 06:48 PM.

I'm sorry BR but I'm not that tech savvy to post pics but the third picture from the top from lawbob is a good example even though it is a lage. That picture is what you need for a lage upper. If the butt plate is welded to the other side it will tuck under the gun. Just ask Sam he knows what you need.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post

advice?
    It's way too short. I put the PS m11/9 folder on the m11a1. Way better

+ Reply to Thread