UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Galil Suppliers

hi all - newbie here, so be gentle :-) - I have wanted to get my hands on a Gali for ages having "grown up" as a infantryman using the South African R4/R5 - and recently got my hands on a magnum arms 7.62/308 - model 332 with IMI-Israel on the side - the seriel number stamped is MR07225 - does anyone have any history on this particular model?

Quote Originally Posted by Opsmedic1985 View Post
    hi all - newbie here, so be gentle :-) - I have wanted to get my hands on a Gali for ages having "grown up" as a infantryman using the South African R4/R5 - and recently got my hands on a magnum arms 7.62/308 - model 332 with IMI-Israel on the side - the seriel number stamped is MR07225 - does anyone have any history on this particular model?
    First Off; Welcome!

If you are in SA; then you wouldn't have import markings I assume (if so; please educate me).
    Please take a look at date code on your barrel; your SN should reflect a1987-88 time period.

Your model should also have the Galil flash-hider - padded butt stock; as the earlier SN's (6000's) had the M-16 bird cage and regular stock.

Hi Adipose, I grew up there, and served in the SADF first as a conscript (infantry) so did basics with the R4, then trained as a Operational medic (combat medic) and continued service for 12 years as a 'camper" (citizen force service) where I carried the R5, but moved to the US years ago - so I bought a US import. I have a 5.56mm in AR style but with the Galil/AK gas port style - but am simply so comfortable with carrying and using the R4/5 (muscle memory etc) that I spent the extra cash to get that. The one i have has what appears to be the R4/5 style (Galil I presume) flash hider and the butt looks standard (no padding), it also has the wooded hand grips similar to the style we saw in early versions of the R4 prior to about 1985.

Waar in die VSA? Welkom!

Dankie, eerste op 7SAI, en daan by 2/6 Med en Braamfontien - nou voon ek in Miami

UZI Talk Life Member
    Welcome Opsmedic1985!!
    Great to have you aboard!
    You'll find this site is the best, for all information, on our beloved Galils!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opsmedic1985 View Post
    Hi Adipose, I grew up there, and served in the SADF first as a conscript (infantry) so did basics with the R4, then trained as a Operational medic (combat medic) and continued service for 12 years as a 'camper" (citizen force service) where I carried the R5, but moved to the US years ago - so I bought a US import. I have a 5.56mm in AR style but with the Galil/AK gas port style - but am simply so comfortable with carrying and using the R4/5 (muscle memory etc) that I spent the extra cash to get that. The one i have has what appears to be the R4/5 style (Galil I presume) flash hider and the butt looks standard (no padding), it also has the wooded hand grips similar to the style we saw in early versions of the R4 prior to about 1985.
    Can you post a picture of both of your rifles. It sounds like you have the earlier model 332 imported by MR.

Would also like to see your AR

would love to - but for some reason when I try to attach a pic, it asks me for a URL - not for a file on my laptop,

Galil, Uzi and other Israeli weapons

Hello to you all,
    We are Contact International Ltd., international firearm dealers located in Israel and operational since 1979. We specialize in military and police surplus firearms, ammunition, gear and equipment as well as new production. Our inventory consists of Galils and Uzis in several models and other Israeli weapons such as Jericho pistols (polymer and steel frames), Bul Cherokee pistols and many many other firearms from around the world.
    We sell only to importers and distributors since we sell in bulk.
    Parts kits and demiling are also available.

Go to the following link to see just a few of the products we currently have available: http://contact-kalia.com/military-surplus-inventory/

Feel free to contact us via our website if you have any questions or comments.

Contactinternational,

I've checked out your site a few times and sent a request for information.

Could you pm me?

If you are looking for the Century Arms Galil/Golani...good luck. Even Gunbroker is out of them.

Hello guys,
    If you are still looking for Galil SAR and AR parts kits I suggest you contact our friends at Numrich Gun Parts or RTG.

Lots of Galil Ace and regular Galils are available again on Gunbroker.

Don't forget Apex Gun Parts. They have SAR kits currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosinsteve View Post
    Don't forget Apex Gun Parts. They have SAR kits currently.
    Thank you for the mention.
    Here is the link to our GALIL category:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...list_limit=all

Richard

If any of you are FFL 08 importers and would like to order the last batches of Galils available from Israeli military surplus please contact me in private. These will no longer be available in such quantities. Uzis are finished.

UZI Talk Life Member

What does finished mean in regard to the Uzis?Demilled?Ruined,Destroyed more than likely.
    Last edited by MGMAN45; 08-23-2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: com

galilhub.com is a new site, he's making some cool reproduction parts. IIRC he's also a member here...

DDLES has a PIC rail stock adapter with QD sockets for a sling attachment on the top and bottom.

https://ddles.com/shop/ols/products/...-ddacradtpic01

Quote Originally Posted by APEXgunparts View Post
    Thank you for the mention.
    Here is the link to our GALIL category:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...list_limit=all

Richard
    Hey Richard!

Does Apex have any Galil ARM kits stashed away? I meant to ask when the team was at Red Oktober but I forget as I was busy buying up other kits

+ Reply to Thread