UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 12 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GALIL LIBRARY

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lcastillo View Post
    Hey Guys I would like to share this video with you that is entirely in Russian. I don't understand a word but they dedicated most of this video to the Galil. Of course they include the AK in there as a comparison, after all the Galil was copied (not based) on mother Russia's beloved Kalashnikov rifle

They also show the wire cutter feature on the ARM and of course the beer bottle opener (which is not really how it is operated). It shows some closeups of the Galil firing and even a model number on some.

Well enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kCogWf8BE

p.s don't forget to hit translate so you can read the comments in English
    Lou
    In the video saying (briefly): Galil more perfect than AK. This is a weekly russian TV show ( military review) .P.S. sorry, I do not speak English well
    Last edited by BadFox; 12-25-2013 at 05:30 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  50.8 KBMy new find. Springfield Galil model 710. Came with the box.
    ....and another galil bag

UZI Talk Life Member
    Not a Galil but the Galil's daddy, a Valmet M62 in 7.62x39, milled receiver.

"I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    Not a Galil but the Galil's daddy, a Valmet M62 in 7.62x39, milled receiver.

Ewww... Me likey alot )

UZI Talk Supporter
    That is badass. Looks like something Jeff might have had something to do with. I see some engraving on the side and some cuts.
    That front hand guard is with worth a lot of money.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH GOLANI View Post
    That is badass. Looks like something Jeff might have had something to do with. I see some engraving on the side and some cuts.
    It's a factory gun, all original. I think Jeff would be very pleased to hear his work is indistinguishable from the originals!
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH GOLANI View Post
    I used to collect Lugers and this was common. If you had just one piece that was refinished or not correct original it brought all your original pieces under scrutiny and suspicion ..... Human nature I guess

UZI Talk Life Member
    It's a factory gun, all original. I think Jeff would be very pleased to hear his work is indistinguishable from the originals!
    Let me re-phrase that. I think it's all original, I have no reason to doubt the seller, he's an experienced and respected collector and the rifle looks like it all belongs together.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I used to collect Lugers and this was common. If you had just one piece that was refinished or not correct original it brought all your original pieces under scrutiny and suspicion ..... Human nature I guess

Maybe, but i just don't know shit about them here in the Galil forum and the engraving on the side is in the same place Jeff put
    the engraving on some of my rifles. Thats all. Even more badass.

Let me re-phrase that. I think it's all original, I have no reason to doubt the seller, he's an experienced and respected collector and the rifle looks like it all belongs together.
    Tom; the gun is original, including the lightning cuts and white spacer under the butt pad.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adipose View Post
    Tom; the gun is original, including the lightning cuts and white spacer under the butt pad.
    Thanks Chuck! I sure thought it was but it's always nice to hear from a knowledgable source.

Tom,

That is a nice rifle. You know I wonder why the Israelis chose to go with a wooden hand guard instead of a polymer when they copied the Valmet design for the Galil? The Valmet seems to have a pretty straight forward and comfortable design for the hand guards.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lcastillo View Post
    Tom,

That is a nice rifle. You know I wonder why the Israelis chose to go with a wooden hand guard instead of a polymer when they copied the Valmet design for the Galil? The Valmet seems to have a pretty straight forward and comfortable design for the hand guards.
    It is actually, both this type and the regular M76 handguards are very nice. I guess the Israelis wanted to put their own stamp on it, and did well. The Galil wins hands down on sex appeal IMO!

The M62 is 100% original. The handguard is called a cheesegrater style which is original to the M62. Rifle came with either the wood hand grip or the round plastic hand grip depending on the year. The round hand grip was called the bicycle grip version. Nice clean rifle. I'm sure it's a great addition to your collection.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQCYCLEWERKES View Post
    The M62 is 100% original. The handguard is called a cheesegrater style which is original to the M62. Rifle came with either the wood hand grip or the round plastic hand grip depending on the year. The round hand grip was called the bicycle grip version. Nice clean rifle. I'm sure it's a great addition to your collection.
    Holy crap is that an understatement! It's a fantastic addition to my collection!

Glad you like it. I may still have some accessories for the Valmet if you are interested.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQCYCLEWERKES View Post
    Glad you like it. I may still have some accessories for the Valmet if you are interested.
    Always! I'm your huckleberry.

Anyone have a Galil .308 owners Manuel and cleaning kit?

My Israeli duo
    Attached Images  

I'll play. Sorry to pollute the thread with non-Galil rifles, but I just picked up my first one. Friend did the paint job, not me.

+ Reply to Thread