UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 5 15 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GALIL LIBRARY

UZI Talk Life Member
    A little time in the blast cabinet and a coat of paint and they will be good to go.

UZI Talk Life Member

UZI Talk Life Member

UZI Talk Life Member
    Didn't have the factory rivets on hand so I used the next best thing.Looks close enough for me.Installed you can hardly tell the difference.

UZI Talk Life Member

UZI Talk Life Member

UZI Talk Life Member
    Finished!!!

UZI Talk Life Member

Thumbs up

Dude,that is one impressive ARM collection!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by galil30

Got some more R4/R5 parts in today. First is a line up of gas tubes, top is normal Galil, next down is R4 gas tube (note lip on the front edge, keeps the handguard retaining lever from flipping open). Last is an R5 tube, note the collar on the end that preforms the same function as the lip on the R4 tube.

R5 unique parts, which I believe are copies of early SAR parts? Anyway, flash hider (notice the ridge and set screw), Larger front sight hood and smaller post, Gas block (looks more like an early SAR part) and gas piston.

R4 top cover on the right, notice the difference in the spot welds. There is also a slight difference in the rear sight block, but I couldn't get a good pic of it, I'll try to work on that.

R4 wood handguard. Longer than the standard Galil handguard, the wood ones are supposed to be Israeli made and part of the first several thousand Galils shipped to South Africa. All, or nearly all, local production is black plastic.

R4/R5/R6 plastic stock. Again, the first several thousand R4s were shipped with standard Israeli tube stocks (have been told by a few SA soldiers from that period they prefered the shorter Israeli stocks) and once local production started the new longer plastic stock was introduced. Notice the difference on the stock side of the kunckle, it is machined differently than the Israeli one.

mrf2

UZI Talk Life Member
    SWEET!!!!Care to give out your secret source for these super rare parts????

I got most all of them (R4 gas tube, R4 stock, R4 top cover, R4 buffer, R4 front sight hoods/posts and R4 Hand Guard retainers) from John Yuzamas over a period of several months. The handguard I picked up from a WTB on the FAL files board. The R5 Gas tube and flash hider came from Ontario gun (I am pretty sure he's got more) and the Gas block came off of e-bay. The peice I was happiest to find, the R4 bolt I found on ar15.com burried in an AK parts for sale add (also where I picked up the R4 gas piston). I'm still looking for an R4 Plastic Handguard, but I think I've found pretty much all the South African parts I am going to find at this point. The are not easy to locate.

mrf2

Anybody got schematics for the FA 7.62? I saw one awhile back and noted that it was significantly different than the 5.56

Mag adapters

Here is the only known, at least by me , Mag adapters avaliable. The two top ones are the ones with the release lockout to prevent accidental dumping of the adapter if your hand memory goes for the AK release.

Galils for the wee folk These rifles are about 5 inches long, great collector item.

UZI Talk Life Member
    DUDE!! Where did ya get 'em?????

Just around, I hate that answer but I have been collecting Galil stuff for a long time and came across them on ebay and Sturmgewehr.com and gunbroker and just different sights even got 1 at a gun show in Fort Myers and one in Memphis. I have 4 of the solid metal in frozen positions and two of the fully articulate plastic ones with mags. One of the plastic has a small glitch with the bipod as you can see in the pict. I got the other brand new one after I shot the pictures.
    A while back I posted these pictures on a board and just waited to see how long it was before someone noticed the spiral binder in the back. LOL it was a hoot.

LOL. Very nice! (good find)

UZI Talk Life Member
    Did a little Spring cleaning,so I took the Galil family out for a little sunshine and fresh air.Here they are sunbathing on the deck. [IMG][/IMG]

UZI Talk Life Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread