UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ingram M10A1 9mm/45acp Military Armament Corp Stephenville ,Tx..question please..

Ingram M10A1 9mm/45acp Military Armament Corp Stephenville ,Tx..question please..

Hello everyone...
    I think I am going to take my INGRAM M10A1 CAL. 9MM. 45ACP. MILITARY ARMAMENT CORP. STEPHENVILLE, TX USA to the Dallas Market Hall gun show this weekend and try and sell it.....It's in very good condition inside and out...it's just too dang heavy for me to enjoy!...I've got a M11 9mm and a M12 380 acp that are great and are much easier for me to handle and enjoy so I'm not getting out of the "Mac" arena...and I'm sure I'll spend what I get at the gun show..LOL.......I lost my complete right arm many years ago in a severe mva so the overly heavy guns can be very difficult to enjoy....(i'm a medically retired leo due to the mva as well)..
    so anyways..my question....what is a good price to ask for my M10A1 ?...as I said..it's in very good condition..especially the receiver and internal parts...the upper has a couple of small "dings" on it towards the front...oh and there is a nick on the barrel also..the end by the threads...
    I know it's hard to say without seeing it...I have no ideal how to post pics...LOL...sorry.....but if anyone could please give me a little guidance I would greatly appreciate it very much!..
    Thanks!.....1shootist

You can start with 3500 and work from there. It's better when selling to start high and go down than to start low. You'll probably come out better if you find a dealer that has something you want and do a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy
    You can start with 3500 and work from there. It's better when selling to start high and go down than to start low. You'll probably come out better if you find a dealer that has something you want and do a trade.
    You made me HAPPY..HAPPY....HAPPY...till I started thinking...you may think it's a SMG....it's not...it's a semi unfortunately...

Thanks...,1shootist

I just purchased one listed as broken. It had a very minor, easily fixed fire control group problem. It came without a magazine and I paid $225 shipped. The markings on it are exactly as you describe. I only got the 9mm parts with mine though. I hope this is at least a little help.

I think I gave $350 back in 1988 for mine.. it is a 45 though.

Somebody offered me $500 at funshow, but I did not sell @ the time. I do still have it, got lucky to score new extractor about 12yr ago, cant find any direct replacement parts, be best to overhaul frame for newer MPA trigger group, likely need to locate hammer pin hole on frame, and maybe new trigger pin hole also. Replace he bolt to work with the new lower parts, and eventually the upper to upgrade the trunnion ?

Quote Originally Posted by UZI SBR AWC
    I think I gave $350 back in 1988 for mine.. it is a 45 though.

Somebody offered me $500 at funshow, but I did not sell @ the time. I do still have it, got lucky to score new extractor about 12yr ago, cant find any direct replacement parts, be best to overhaul frame for newer MPA trigger group, likely need to locate hammer pin hole on frame, and maybe new trigger pin hole also. Replace he bolt to work with the new lower parts, and eventually the upper to upgrade the trunnion ?
    Thanks!..ya know, I've heard of several people that did what you are referring to....converted over to more readily available parts...and all seemed to work great......

although all I want to do is just get rid of mine....so heck...if you gave $350 bucks almost 20 years ago and was offered $500 at the same time....some may sell upwards of $800 - $1000 today I guess......
    I've checked on the auctions but have been unable to find my type MAC listed....which I suppose can be a good ...or bad thing depending on how you look at it..;-)

and I've also got another brandnew Cobray brand replacement upper for it...no barrel though..and a brandnew extra bolt...though I think this bolt is an smg bolt.....it has the permanent firing pin tip..I got all of this in trade together at one time...I think these are just some extras that the person had and threw into the trade....and along with 2 shrouded barrel entenders...3-30rd mags and 1-10rd mag...

also I think I should clarify that mine is a 45 a.c.p. ...semi auto......so has anyone else by chance bought or sold one of these recently that can give me a fair ideal of what I should ask for it this weekend at the fun show...

I really do appreciate the input y'all have offered so far...Thanks!..

1shootist

I bought mine, I got the gun, and 3 of the short 10 round 45 mags.

I had to go through it to get it to work consistent, just the trigger reset is a little quirky, just need to quickly release trigger for it to reset.

Mine is 45. Look anything like these pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1shootist
    also I think I should clarify that mine is a 45 a.c.p. ...semi auto......so has anyone else by chance bought or sold one of these recently that can give me a fair ideal of what I should ask for it this weekend at the fun show...

I really do appreciate the input y'all have offered so far...Thanks!..

1shootist

Stick it on gunbroker.

I had a PS open bolt M10/45. Paid $800 in 2005. Sold it in the summer of 2006 for $1100.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have the exact same gun. I bought it at a gun show 4 years ago.
    It is the M10A1 semi auto 9mm 45ACP.
    Parts are hard to come by. I broke a firing pin and couldn't find one, so I had a friend who is a machinist, make one for me.
    Mine is of course the .45, and came with the 9mm conversion kit. I had a hard time getting it to run in 9mm so I mainly leave it .45 now. It shoots flawlessly that way.
    I paid $450 for the whole kit 4 years ago. It had been tinkered with in the 9mm mode, but the .45 upper had never been fired.
    I would love to trade it toward a Powder Springs Mac, or an open bolt Mac10 some day.
    In the mean time, it's a good shooter... my first assault type of gun.

I just purchased the one on gunbroker that was listed at $265 for $250, (wanted the 9mm magwell adapter,) have seen these go high for the open bolt models, is this an open bolt? either way, what do you want to get out of it?

was the one you just bought for $250 just like mine....if not whats the difference...is it functional?.................the one listed at the top in the first post is mine..?....the one I have is not an open bolt...

1shootist

just talked to my ffl dealer, got the ingram in yesterday, exactly as yours, has 9mm bolt/upper/magwell in place, says it looks great, opinion seems to be in the full auto market to stay away from the stephenville, tx macs due to part availability- i'm no expert, i'm just getting in to the macs now, but apparently to install cobray/rpb trigger groups/parts the lower has to be redrilled?

Quote Originally Posted by steven erwin
    just talked to my ffl dealer, got the ingram in yesterday, exactly as yours, has 9mm bolt/upper/magwell in place, says it looks great, opinion seems to be in the full auto market to stay away from the stephenville, tx macs due to part availability- i'm no expert, i'm just getting in to the macs now, but apparently to install cobray/rpb trigger groups/parts the lower has to be redrilled?
    The Texas semi-auto is a backwoods bastard child for trigger group and bolt parts. The trigger group pins is retained in a carrier that sets in the frame.

The Cobray/RPB/MPA parts are of the same design, so it comes down to gutting the gun and updating to a std design.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter
    I have the exact same gun. I bought it at a gun show 4 years ago.
    It is the M10A1 semi auto 9mm 45ACP.
    Parts are hard to come by. I broke a firing pin and couldn't find one, so I had a friend who is a machinist, make one for me.
    Mine is of course the .45, and came with the 9mm conversion kit. I had a hard time getting it to run in 9mm so I mainly leave it .45 now. It shoots flawlessly that way.
    I paid $450 for the whole kit 4 years ago. It had been tinkered with in the 9mm mode, but the .45 upper had never been fired.
    I would love to trade it toward a Powder Springs Mac, or an open bolt Mac10 some day.
    In the mean time, it's a good shooter... my first assault type of gun.

I have a Ingram M10A1 9mm/45acp Military Armament Corp Stephenville ,Tx that I need a firing pin for. I have not been able to fire one. I only have the 9mm setup. Would you happen to have the dimensions / drawing for the pin so that I could get a pin or two fabricated? Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jklein_1968
    I have a Ingram M10A1 9mm/45acp Military Armament Corp Stephenville ,Tx that I need a firing pin for. I have not been able to fire one. I only have the 9mm setup. Would you happen to have the dimensions / drawing for the pin so that I could get a pin or two fabricated? Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to Uzitalk!!

I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter
    Welcome to Uzitalk!!

I sent you a PM.

Firefighter

Thanks very much for the pm and the welcome. I've been reading through the MAC posts and holding my questions until I've browsed through.

Thanks

Jim

Honestly, the price of these semi-auto MAC-10s were ruined for a couple factors:

MPA came out with the most reliable MAC-10 semi-auto with a lifetime warranty attach for $325 or so.

Texas MAC guns have to be the hardest guns to find parts for in semi or automatic.

Other wise, these would have been $500-$600 guns.

Personally I would keep it and if it breaks, try to swap out the trigger parts and bolt for MPA parts. You may have to modify the holes on the receiver for the different pin sizes though but then you would have parts that are easy to replace and the gun would be very reliable.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shootist
    Hello everyone...
    I think I am going to take my INGRAM M10A1 CAL. 9MM. 45ACP. MILITARY ARMAMENT CORP. STEPHENVILLE, TX USA to the Dallas Market Hall gun show this weekend and try and sell it.....It's in very good condition inside and out...it's just too dang heavy for me to enjoy!...I've got a M11 9mm and a M12 380 acp that are great and are much easier for me to handle and enjoy so I'm not getting out of the "Mac" arena...and I'm sure I'll spend what I get at the gun show..LOL.......I lost my complete right arm many years ago in a severe mva so the overly heavy guns can be very difficult to enjoy....(i'm a medically retired leo due to the mva as well)..
    so anyways..my question....what is a good price to ask for my M10A1 ?...as I said..it's in very good condition..especially the receiver and internal parts...the upper has a couple of small "dings" on it towards the front...oh and there is a nick on the barrel also..the end by the threads...
    I know it's hard to say without seeing it...I have no ideal how to post pics...LOL...sorry.....but if anyone could please give me a little guidance I would greatly appreciate it very much!..
    Thanks!.....1shootist

Semi-auto open bolt $900 to $1000 easy for original MAC. In FLA anyway. Last gun show I went to 2 weeks ago there were 2 @ $1000 ea.

+ Reply to Thread