UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: STG 76 BRP CORP

UZI Talk Life Member

STG 76 BRP CORP

Anyone own one of these (STG M31/M37) that uses Suomi mags?

Wanting to know if there are any design problems and how well they function.

Pete

Talking I ordered one in the shorty

(Husquvarna) set-up. It's sitting at my dealers right now waiting for my Form 4 to be approved. I'll try to post a review here as soon as it gets approved. Appeared to be very well made and thought out. Also Brian at BRP is a dream to deal with. He follows up with you and lets you know how things are going along each step of the way. The gun is HEAVY though but that should just make it controlable. Time will tell......

UZI Talk Life Member
    A review would nice, thank you. If you can put the weapon on a scale for a ballpark weight. I look forward to your review.

Pete

I'll do it as soon as I pick it up and can get to the range.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I've had a chubby for one of those for a while. Look like a nice gun. I'd like to hear a review, too.

Jake

I can only speak for the STG Thompson. I got one of the first ones and it has been flawless. It's now by far my favorite gun. Never a problem. If I had the extra cash, I'm sure that I would get the Suomi also.

They weigh almost 13lb - the one I fingered at KCR had the bipod & long barrel IIRC. Brian is pretty sharp and his work looks great from what I could tell in the short time I had to check it out. Never fired one but I sure want one.
    I asked about these guns last year and I remember Len Savage saying how tough they were and how much fun he had hitting steel at 275 yards.
    Any idea how many Stemple tubes BRP has on hand to build these?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker
    They weigh almost 13lb

Man! Thats a lot of weight for a 9mm! I thought a Thompson was heavy. That is approaching BAR weight.

Pete

I have the shorty M37.

It is awsome. I love it. The rate of fire is faster then my Swedish K. It is heavy, but it stays on target. I think it is one of the best values in class III right now. The company is great to deal with. Only problem is stick mags do not work well. It is too bad all I can use are 71 round drums ; ) I sold a vector uzi to get with no regrets. I still have another uzi though. A new gun in NFA is hard to beat. Happy to answer any question.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott C.
    Only problem is stick mags do not work well.
    Please explain........... Do they not lock up well, or just jam often...?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Looking at their web page, they display it with drum and coffin mags. Maybe some metal/weld has to be added??? They look nice.

BRP Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by slimer
    Anyone own one of these (STG M31/M37) that uses Suomi mags?

Wanting to know if there are any design problems and how well they function.

Pete
    BRP is one of those rare companies which has it all together......Engineering,
    Execution and Production. One of the few experiences I've had in this hobby
    where I've received products and marveled at the cleverness of design, build
    quality and came away with the overwhelming feeling I got a bargain.

I have a couple of their subguns..........

I jumped in 1st when they offered the Yugo 49 clone based on the Stemple
    tube. It's in 7.62x25 and is a rip-snorter just like its grand-daddy the
    PPSh-41. Unfortunately, production stopped on this model because of the
    lack of Yugo 49 parts kits.

Next BRP came out with the STG-76. Built like an anvil and will run drums all
    day long. The kids have to shoot it off the bipod because it just too heavy
    for them to shoot off-hand. I bought this one early before Brian began
    building the Woody (Soumi clones) models. I would have probably opted for
    that model.......instead, I'll just pick up a Woody kit and have the best of
    both worlds.

And a couple more pics for your enjoyment...........although not BRP creations.

Yugo model 56 in 7.62x25; shoots around 550rpm; 35rd mag.

Russian PPD 40 in 7.62x25; shoots around 950rpm; 71rd drum. This is a
    pre-war design which couldn't be produced fast enough and thus the Russians
    went with the PPSh-41. They both shoot about the same rof, but there is a
    big difference in build quality. One of my most favorites.

Stick mags do not lock up well.

They could be made to fit but why bother. I love the drums.

I have the BRP/Suomi M31. It is heavy to fire standing, but has minimal recoil. Off the bipod, it is amazingly accurate for a pistol cal subgun. With the drums, it runs 100%. With the stick mags, Sometimes a round will nosedive on the ramp. I probably need to clean those mags better...

Finally got to take my Stg-31W (stemple suomi clone) to the range. The thing is amazing, it stays on target like a lazer beam!!! I ran one stick mag through it and 7 drums. I did have one drum that wouldn't feed, but that was a mag issue not a gun issue. The only thing I have to say is Brian does a great job!!! I do need to do some tweaking on the drums, but the gun was flawless. Thanks Brian!!

I was running cheap russian 9mm, and winchester white box through the gun. The russian stuff is inconsistent as hell, and you could hear the gun speeding up and slowing down, but it never missed a beat. The drums fit tight though. I left some of the drums out in the sun (it was about 95 here today), and grabbed one. I could hardly hold on to it to put it in and it would not fit the gun anyways. I grabbed another drum, same problem. So I put the drums in the shade and shot something else for a while. Then when I grabbed the drums from the shade they went right into place. BRP kept the tolerances so tight, that the Texas heat was causing them to expand enough not to fit. Maybe I'll file down the pad on the front, or maybe I'll just keep the dang things out of the sun. This is probably mostly inncoherent babble, I think the sun fried my brain, but these guns are worth checking out.

+ Reply to Thread