UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ammo tax stamp from TN

Ammo tax stamp from TN

I was going through some ammo I purchased a while back and I noticed each box had a 10 cent tax stamp on it from TN. I wonder if they will end up being collectible I wasn't aware any states had tax specifically on ammunition and that if they did they actually stamped each box. I found it interesting so I'm sharing it...
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member
    Do you need the address to the TN Tax Collector's office..........?

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Stick it on eBay. There are actually LOTS of people who collect tax stamps- anything from alcohol to cigarettes to firearms-related stuff...

...I've got a cannabis stamp around here somewhere. It's always good for a laugh.

Incidentally, did you know that Kansas requires that illegal drugs have a paid tax stamp before being sold? Check out http://www.ksrevenue.org/perstaxtypesdrug.htm.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by prebans

...I've got a cannabis stamp around here somewhere. It's always good for a laugh.

Mike
    Ha, I wish that I could say that I taxed myself stamping out a lot of cannabis, but I can't...statues of limbitations being what they be and whatnot.

HAh! that KS drug dealer tax page is a trip... There is a pimp at the KS revenue department for sure "bitch better have my money"

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8 Dawg
    Ha, I wish that I could say that I taxed myself stamping out a lot of cannabis, but I can't...statues of limbitations being what they be and whatnot.
    "Limbitations?"

Sounds like we've done found us a tax dodger!

Mike

FFL/SOT
    Distinction Arms
    UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sofltodd
    HAh! that KS drug dealer tax page is a trip... There is a pimp at the KS revenue department for sure "bitch better have my money"
    There are around a dozen states that tax illegal substances. Kansas is just one of the more notorious ones for going after dealers who don't pay up.

Actually, Tennessee used to have a drug tax. However, I believe that it was struck down because it required identification of the stamp purchaser- self-incrimination.

Kansas and the others don't require ID- it's just "Pay up and stamp yo plant!"

Put that into your pipe and smoke it,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by prebans
    Put that into your pipe and smoke it,

Mike
    Would that be a two stamp inhale (one for the pipe and one for the "product") or is it one stamp since anything entering a registered pre-86 pipe is covered by that stamp

UZI Talk Supporter

I just recently purchased a case of shotgun shells in TN with that same stamp on all of the boxes. I quess it's a TN thing.

+ Reply to Thread