UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: left handed Uzi shooters question

left handed Uzi shooters question

are other left handed shooters having the same problem I am when shooting the Uzi ..the selector switch hurting the hand..and ifso has anyone came up with a remedy...I was going to just sand / file down the hump on the selector switch but I can't get it off to do so and I don't want to sand it with it still on the gun....how do you get it off then back on.....and / or has anybody tried another way...
    I guess you can say it doesn't really "hurt" persa...it just gets very uncomfortable after awhile....

thanks for all the help, 1shootist

Administrator
    Yup, the selector knob hits your finger when shooting left handed. I'm not left handed but shoot left handed whenever some demented match organizer includes off hand shooting. (It also hits your right hand finger if you have an ambi selector.)

I think tapering the bottom of the selector would be a good idea. To remove it you need to disassemble most of the grip frame. When you remove the selector bar it will release the selector knob. The problem is you need to take out most of the fire control parts to get the selector bar out. It's easy though and only takes a couple of minutes. There are pictures in the library if you need help.

great! thank you RoverDave.....by the way..,...on the ambi selector..I don't think I've seen one of these for the uzi...where can you get them / one at ?

thanks again, 1shootist

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shootist
    great! thank you RoverDave.....by the way..,...on the ambi selector..I don't think I've seen one of these for the uzi...where can you get them / one at ?

thanks again, 1shootist
    The ambi selectors are not generally available. They were done in limited quantities in the late 1990's in an attempt to modernize the UZI for LE and government sales.

Thanks again for the info about the library....I've been there before and looked but apparently never paid attention...all the questions I had were answered there....removing the selector is going to be much , much easier than I had thought...take care, 1shootist...

oh also....are there any pics anywhere that would show that ambi selector....I understand that it's not available I'd just like to see what it looked like....

UZI Talk Supporter

Re Ambi selector, REx made one up for me a few years ago and it works great. I had to wait untill they had some spare time and after doing mine, he said he would charge $250.00 to convert your trigger group. I know soflatodd and I posted some pictures of it at the time. Why not call Rex at Vector and see if he'll do one for you. Best regards JB

UZI Talk Supporter

I wouldn't mind one either. Maybe we can get a group discount ;-)

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave
    I'm not left handed but shoot left handed whenever some demented match organizer includes off hand shooting.
    Are you listening Chili????

db

I did the poors mans method. Feels alot beter than it did.

lefty problems

I am also a left handed Uzi shooter. I have been frustrated when trying a few shots on semi, and having it suddenly go to FA. Now I think you have given me the answer as to how the selecter switch got bumped.
    Thanks,
    JPC

UZI Talk Supporter
    1shotist,

I am also a left handed Uzi shooter. I did the same thing as mmilo31 with no problems going to full auto. Wait till you put a can on the Uzi being a lefty, you'll get a lot of unburnt powder back at ya.

NEO

+ Reply to Thread