UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IMI Uzi 22 cal conversion unit, is this rare?

IMI Uzi 22 cal conversion unit, is this rare?

The owner of this kit bought it many years ago, thinking it would fit his Uzi Pistol, it doesnt, and he has been informed it is a genuine IMI kit for a Full Size SMG. I have looked at the kits in the library here, can't see one like it (FS Carbine looks similar) Does anyone know what it is, and if it is rare?, as he has suggested I may be alble to buy it off him

Thanks
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member
    The number on the Bolt is the actual S/N. hence yours is a low S/N at 77. That may be why it is not in inline with the other green boxed sets with high S/N's.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by timgunfreak
    Does anyone know what it is, and if it is rare?, as he has suggested I may be alble to buy it off him
    Out of the ordinary, but not rare. There is only one type of IMI 22 conversion kit so this is the same as the one in the library. The only real difference is that the earlier ones had different packaging and had the nice white lettering on the side. I have one of these early kits and I've seen them pop up now and then. I have not seen any indication that the early ones are worth more to most buyers. They are primarily for the semi-auto carbine but can also be used in the SMG. IMI always recommended that they only be used in semi-auto in the SMG.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I just got on Vector's Waiting List for a full auto .22 conversion..

Woo-Hoo!!

Can't wait..

Dover's the name, Ben Dover.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover
    I just got on Vector's Waiting List for a full auto .22 conversion..

Woo-Hoo!!

Can't wait..

I like my FS FA with the .22 Vector kit so much I just leave it configed that way. I think I will get a mini w/ a heavy bolt to shoot in 9. It is a kick ass fun gun "for sure", like they say in Utah! Your gonna really have fun with it.

My IMI .22LR conversion kit is exactly like yours except the cover of the instruction manual appears different. The serial number is 0006X and when I purchased it in 1986 for my Model B Uzi carbine, I was told only 200 were imported into the U.S. by Action Arms but not in serial number sequence. My conversion unit is semi-automatic. What are the differences between the semi-auto and full-auto kits?
    Last edited by Clermont; 08-10-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Administrator
    The semi-auto kits from IMI and Action Arms both have a similar design in that they have a larger shell (roughly the size of a 9mm bolt) that housed a smaller .22 bolt.

The full auto kits from GI and Vector were designed like a full sized 9mm open bolt. The bolt is made of aluminum to account to the low power of the .22.

UZI Talk Life Member

So, if you count Action Arms .22 conversion kits, IMI conversion kits, Group Industries coversion kits and Vector conversion kits that makes four different types of .22 conversion kits?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by watchin
    So, if you count Action Arms .22 conversion kits, IMI conversion kits, Group Industries coversion kits and Vector conversion kits that makes four different types of .22 conversion kits?
    Basically, yes. GI had three different versions that they sold but most of them were the last variant, which is very similar to the Vector kit.

+ Reply to Thread