UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front sight adjustment

Front sight adjustment

I have a Vector FS that has the model A type front sight. I purchased a sight tool from Vector but it does not make contact with the flat sides of the sight base because the sight itself is too tall or the tool is too short. Should I file down my front sight post or attempt to cut the grove deeper into the sight tool?

Prib

UZI Talk Life Member

I had to file the notch deeper in a model B sight tool. I would not file down the sight itself.
    -watchin-

UZI Talk Life Member

Are you sure they sent you the right tool? A couple years ago I ordered a Model A sight tool and they sent me a Model B tool instead. The tool they sent you does not look like a key does it?
    My Sex Life Is Like A Ferrari,I Don't Have A Ferrari.

UZI Talk Life Member
    ONE of the problems I encountered with my FS, FA Vector was it required one of their extra tall front sites. They are so tall, that you need to cut your Model A front site adjustment tool's notch considerably deeper.

I can easily adjust this sight to above the protective ears, it's very tall.
    The tool is the two piece model A type of tool. I think I'll have to do like Vegas SMG talked about doing.

Prib

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sounds like you also own have one of Vector's off day builds that requires the use of their specially built extra tall front sights. Is this a new gun?

I used a Dremmel to cut the notch considerably deeper into my front sight adjustment tool. If your front sight is as high as you describe, you'll need to cut your slot very deep. Vector has certainly built enough guns that required these extra tall front sights that they MAY have pre-cut front sight adjustment tools on hand.

FWIW, I've seen one Vector Mini Uzi were their extra tall front sight was STILL too short!

Yep new Vector (Group Ind rec.). I hope to shoot it for the first time this week. Got my SBR paperwork back from ATFE in early September, but have been to busy.

Prib

Update - I used a Dremel tool with a conical grinding bit and just bore out an area that allows the sight to fit along one side of the sight adjustment tool. Now it works great!
    Last edited by rgrprib; 09-29-2007 at 09:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread