UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 56 LastLast

Thread: The official MAC picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by SubGunFan
    GunMoney...... Nice professional looking pictures.

+1... video game quality...

Quote Originally Posted by SubGunFan
    GunMoney...... Nice professional looking pictures.

Thank you. i took those last night. :-)

I suppose this is as good as any thread for my first post, whats up guys, good to be here!

Hey GunMoney, one of those pics is my desktop on my cellphone now

I'm leaving to go mail out the form 4 for this right now!

Edit: this will be my first MG! Not my first Title II though, my first was a SBR that I dont have funds to finish ever since this deal came up.

UZI Talk Supporter

"The gun business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs.There is also a negative side."

Quote Originally Posted by Glockdude1

I have a 1 of a kind semi!!!

You might want to rethink the front strap

UZI Talk Supporter

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by haterade
    Why? It is perfectly legal. It is not a grip.

Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

If you soaked it in water and left it in the freezer for a few hours it would be.
    That's what tech will do when they evaluate it LOL

hotbrass
    The way to get around the strap in the freezer test is to put a strap through the front strap and anchor the end at the back of the pistol. Then it becomes a sling which is legal.

UZI Talk Life Member
    The use of the devil at the end of your post indicates to me that you indeed have some doubt regarding the actual legality of "installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun". Owners of full auto MACs generally understand that they are in fact used as a foregrip to help control muzzle rise when used correctly. That would make it a ????

Call it what you will and good luck should you face a legal challenge from BATF... It WILL cost you more in attorney's fees than the easy and cheap registration process described on BATF's site. Please read the below quote from BATF's site and decide for yourself.

BATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.

To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.

A person may also send the handgun to a person licensed to manufacture NFA weapons. The manufacturer will install the fore grip on the firearm and register the firearm on an ATF Form 2. The manufacturer can then transfer the firearm back to the individual on an ATF Form 4, which results in a $5.00 transfer tax. If the manufacturer is out of State, the NFA Branch will need a clarification letter submitted with the ATF Form 4 so that the NFA Branch Examiner will know the circumstances of the transfer. Questions can be directed to the NFA Branch or the Firearms Technology Branch.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/041006-vert_grip.htm
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Quote Originally Posted by hotbrass
    The way to get around the strap in the freezer test is to put a strap through the front strap and anchor the end at the back of the pistol. Then it becomes a sling which is legal.
    The freezer test was just a joke. I made it up, it doesn't exist

hotbrass
    A vertical forgrip on a fully automatic MAC is legal because it is classified as a machine gun, not a pistol. And there is no prohibition of a vertical grip on a machine gun that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG
    The use of the devil at the end of your post indicates to me that you indeed have some doubt regarding the actual legality of "installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun". Owners of full auto MACs generally understand that they are in fact used as a foregrip to help control muzzle rise when used correctly. That would make it a ????

Call it what you will and good luck should you face a legal challenge from BATF... It WILL cost you more in attorney's fees than the easy and cheap registration process described on BATF's site. Please read the below quote from BATF's site and decide for yourself.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/041006-vert_grip.htm
    its not a grip-- although people use it incorrectly that way which doesn't work too well... its actually a sling, and if used properly, works quite well. I have video of me dumping 50rd mags with the muzzle staying on target.

hotbrass
    The freezer test was just a joke. I made it up, it doesn't exist
    I know that.

If you have to explain it, it is not funny.

But you shouldnt be giving the ATF any ideas either.

Seen a MAC manual stated and illustrated it was a front hand strap for control during firing. The jury says it aint no sling

I know that.
    You were starting to worry me there for a moment

UZI Talk Supporter

Talking

Vegas SMG,

The use of the "devil" was to show a sense of humor. The strap on my Mac is just that, a strap, not a foregrip. It is legal. I am surprised no has complained about me using a cut down SMG stock for my MPA 10. It too is totaly legal because it does not extend, nor does it open. (I cut the rails down to 1/2").

Stay Safe,

hotbrass
    Vegas SMG,

The use of the "devil" was to show a sense of humor. The strap on my Mac is just that, a strap, not a foregrip. It is legal. I am surprised no has complained about me using a cut down SMG stock for my MPA 10. It too is totaly legal because it does not extend, nor does it open. (I cut the rails down to 1/2").

But, it is still a stock.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I don't own a semi auto MAC type pistol so it's of no real consequence to me. This subject comes up from time to time and all I can do is point out what the BATF says about it and point you to their site to read their stance.

Unless someone else can show me an actual letter stating what BATF has made a ruling about the legality of the nylon fore grips, then it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else thinks or does. As is typical with such BATF opinions, the language is vague and doesn't specify if the fore grip must be rigid or if a loose, floppy front strap is the same and constitutes an AOW when attached to a pistol.

It's BATF's call, not mine, not yours, not anyone else's. Anyone here is certainly free to make their own interpretation of what constitutes an AOW or a fore grip.

UZI Talk Supporter

Talking

But, it is still a stock.
    "Was".

Stay Safe,

UZI Talk Life Member
    "Was".

And I agree that it WAS a stock and is legal in it's present and permanent configuration and attachment to the receiver. The strap "thing" is stupid and I don't think it's a foreward grip in the sense most of us consider one, but I personally wouldn't want to be the BATF test case with my luck. They don't have a sense of humor.

Why don't you write them a letter asking for clarification?

+ Reply to Thread