UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sterling mk7 10 and 15 round mags

Sterling mk7 10 and 15 round mags

I know that in the "Guns of Dagenham", it mentions that the 10 and 15 round mags, along with the stacked magazines, were introduced for the pistol variant. Also, sterling normally assigned all their parts nubers that corresponded with what model gun they were meant for. Does anyone have a ref as to the part numbers for these mags? Does it reflect being made for the mk7 pistol?

The reason I ask is because in Canada the mags are restricted in capacity as to what they were made for. A rifle/carbine mag is generally limited to 5 rounds, while a pistol mag is generally limited to 10 rounds. Doesn't matter what gun you stick the mag into...just what the mag was designed for.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Not a real answer to your question, but here's a U.S. importer's ad... http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15624

Those ads certainly do nothing to discredit the theory that the 10 round mag was for the pistol.
    I have sent a message to the Canadian Firearms Center techs asking their opinion. The only stumbling block I can see will be the lack of sterling mk7s in Canada. They were prohibited back in the early 90s, and for the 10 round cap to apply, the pistol must be commonly available.

Heres hoping.

+ Reply to Thread