UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 11 16 LastLast

Thread: UT5 - Register now!

Administrator

Arrow UT5 - Register now!

Come and celebrate five successful years of uzitalk.com! Back by popular demand, the 5th Annual UZI Talk shoot will be returning to the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area. This event is open to all UZI Talk members – whether your gun of preference is an UZI, a MAC, a Sterling, a Reising, an M16 or anything else that goes bang. Semi-auto, full auto, big or small, new or old – bring whatever you want. Here are the details:

Date: April 18-20, 2008
    Location: Mickey's Range, south of Dallas. Only about 30 minutes southeast of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.

Schedule of events:
    Friday, April 18th:
    1:00pm – 6:00pm: Open shooting

Saturday, April 19th:
    9:00am-5:00pm: Subgun match
    9:00am-6:00pm: Open shooting
    7:30pm-10:00pm Banquet

Sunday, April 20th:
    9:00am-6:00am: open shooting/demonstrations

Costs:
    All costs are paid when you show up at the event:

Range Fee: $10/day or $25 for all three days for each attendee that shoots.
    Subgun match: $15
    Lunch: $10/day on Saturday and Sunday. Must sign up for lunch at check-in.
    Banquet Saturday night: Menu prices (Aprox $20 plus drinks)
    Hotel: Group rate of $45/night.

Registration: Please register early so I can plan appropriately for the headcount. This is more important each year as attendance grows. If you register after March 31st, I cannot guarantee the group hotel rate or a spot in the subgun match or banquet. To register, please send email to me at admin@uzitalk.com with the following information:
    Username
    Real name
    Home address
    Home phone number
    Cell number
    Email address
    Names of guests you bring that will be shooting.
    Number of rooms needed at the group hotel?
    Number of shooters (including you) that will participate in the subgun match?
    For each shooter in the match, list the name, gun to be used, and division (open or stock).
    Number of people (including you) that will attend the banquet Saturday night?
    Do you want to buy lunch on Saturday?
    Do you want to buy lunch on Sunday?

After you send registration info, you’ll start to receive email updates with details about the group hotel, ammo group buy, directions and other information. Even if you are local to the area and only plan on attending part of the event, please register!

Subgun Match: chili17 is organizing the match again this year. (It’s imperative that someone beats him this year to keep him in his place.). If you’ve never shot in a subgun match before, this is the perfect time to give it a try.

There will be two divisions:
    Open: Any SMG with Optics or more than 2 non standard factory features
    Stock: Any SMG with less than 3 non standard factory features and no optics

Depending on how many people register, each of the divisions will be split into two or three classes with people grouped into classes based on their actual score. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given out in every division & class.

Open Range shooting: Open range time is for shooting any weapons you care to bring to the event: submachine guns, machine guns, belt feds, rifles, pistols, shotguns. Bring whatever you want to shoot or share. Open shooting will be available throughout the subgun match for people not participating in the match, or people waiting for their group to be called.

Ammo: Details to follow on ammo group buy.

Other potential activities:
    - A Shotgun “Jungle Walk” may be available Friday afternoon or Sunday morning.
    - Demonstrations can be scheduled based on attendee interest. Demonstrations could include: Suppressor comparisons, ROF comparisons,…
    - There may be a “Girls and Guns” photo opportunity on Saturday. This would be your chance to have a photo of you, your favorite gun, and a scantily clad babe – taken by a professional photographer. Details to follow.

Form 5320.20: If you’re bringing Title II weapons from out of state, you’ll need to get a 5320.20 approved. Get your forms sent in ASAP to make sure you’re ready to travel with your guns! You can use this address on the form:

Mickey's Range
    3100 Beltline Rd
    Dallas, TX 75227
    Dallas County

Come and meet your some of your favorite on-line characters. This will definitely be the biggest UZI Talk event yet. Check out the UZI Talk library here for information on last year's event.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Registration information sent.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member

Damn it Vegas!! You must type fast ! Registration sent RD. THANKS !! ScooterTrash.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member

Talking

I am not going to register

UZI Talk Life Member

Now THATS funny...............but I don't blame you. It's a pretty rough bunch for someone as tender as yourself, you know....drinking, swearing.......ew!! ScooterTrash.

UZI Talk Life Member

Hurry up Jarhead Jim !!!!

I call shotgun!!!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just curious if we can shoot in more than one class in the match? I highly doubt I'd want to embarrass myself more than once but someone had to ask... I probably won't fly with more than one gun, but I could add or remove optics and shoot in two different classes.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Range Brass Whore
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter

Hurry up Jarhead Jim !!!!

I call shotgun!!!
    You fucker! Oh well, I'll probably sleep the whole trip down anyways.......NOT!

Registration sent!

Jim
    My anger management classes are pissing me off!

I was Beat by a cute GIRL at the UT6 SMG Match and I did not even get a lousy T-Shirt

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead jim
    Registration sent!
    Jim, where did you sent it? I got everyone else's but nothing from you. Please resend.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17
    I am not going to register
    You're not a guest, you're the help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG
    Just curious if we can shoot in more than one class in the match? I highly doubt I'd want to embarrass myself more than once but someone had to ask... I probably won't fly with more than one gun, but I could add or remove optics and shoot in two different classes.
    That all depends on the number of people who shoot and how quickly we get people through the rotation. We'll allow people to shoot in multiple classes if time permits but it didn't last year and we'll have more people this year.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm coming!!-e-mail to be sent-Beemer

UZI Talk Life Member
    Email sent.

Range Brass Whore
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave
    Jim, where did you sent it? I got everyone else's but nothing from you. Please resend.
    My bad, I sent it to dmin@uzitalk.com........ Try now.

On the registration you asked how many categories I wish to shoot. I want to shoot them all, but will have to borrow some guns from some of my friends there............I am assuming I will have friends there anyways

Jim

I was Beat by a cute GIRL at the UT6 SMG Match and I did not even get a lousy T-Shirt

UZI Talk Life Member
    Email sent!

Watch out JJ they sent me a map last year and I wound up in Houston.
    Opera Non Verbra

Range Brass Whore
    UZI Talk Life Member
    HAHA!! I aint worried cause the boss is driving......Rover Dave. If we get the wrong map, he'll never hear the end of it.

Jim

UZI Talk Life Member
    Registration sent..................... OH BOY, OH BOY......

Will help as long as it does not interfere with me kicking chili17's butt in the SMG match.........

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGunFan
    Registration sent..................... OH BOY, OH BOY......

Will help as long as it does not interfere with me kicking chili17's butt in the SMG match.........

What are we betting? Also what class are you going to shoot in? I was just planning on shooting in whatever class has the most people but will shoot in any of them.

Are we doing a shotgun match too? Just wanted to see if I needed to bring one.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Registration sent. Looking forward to meet you all there.

Oberfeld

Administrator
    Great to see all of the new and returning members registering for this year's shoot. For those that requested it, I'll send hotel info in a day or two. I checked today and they still don't have the group rate info set up properly in their reservation system.

+ Reply to Thread