UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTK "NHM co sac ca " Import marks

FFL/C&R

Exclamation WTK "NHM co sac ca " Import marks

Does anyone know who this importer is. I just bought an Uzi from a dealer in WY that told me he purchased it as a carbine prior to the ban. I was also told by D and D sales that my UZI may not be a preban and may have to be modified to meet post ban standards.
    The Importer marks on the bottom of the reciever are "NHM CO SAC CA" and the serial number is in the 0082XX range.
    Can anyone help me solve this problem? I just want to do the right thing and be legal. If anyone has any info on this importer can you forward it to me so that I may contact them .
    Thanks
    Dan

UZI Talk Life Member
    That is where Vector got their POST ban IMI Uzi's from.
    I had an IMI MINI POST Ban from Vector that had those markings at the bottom of the receiver. It was refinished and I could barely make out the NHM and couldn't see the rest of markings that you mentioned.

I think it is probably a POST ban. I would try giving Vector a call. Maybe they can provide more info.

Administrator
    pozobuck, welcome to UZI Talk.

They were imported by New Helvtia ? Company, Sacramento, California. D&D and Sarco sell the receivers. (I didn't know Vector was using them too.) They were imported as receivers and then people have been assembling them here. Keep in mind that pre/post ban dates are based on when the gun was assembled, not when the receiver was manufactured or imported. Also, unless the gun was assembled with sufficient US parts, it would be considered an import and have to be pre-1989 rather than pre-1994 to qualify as a pre-ban gun. Most likely yours is post ban (and therefore should not have a folding stock on it.)

Founder
    Originally posted by RoverDave
    pozobuck, welcome to UZI Talk.

They were imported by New Helvtia ? Company, Sacramento, California. D&D and Sarco sell the receivers. (I didn't know Vector was using them too.) They were imported as receivers and then people have been assembling them here. Keep in mind that pre/post ban dates are based on when the gun was assembled, not when the receiver was manufactured or imported. Also, unless the gun was assembled with sufficient US parts, it would be considered an import and have to be pre-1989 rather than pre-1994 to qualify as a pre-ban gun. Most likely yours is post ban (and therefore should not have a folding stock on it.)
    I'm pretty sure it's "New Helvetia".
    "I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more, if they had known they were slaves."
    Harriet Tubman

I think that's also the same company that imported FN Hi-Powers from Israel a couple of years ago.

Administrator
    There was a company that was importing Hi-Powers from Israel a few years ago and they were located in Houston, but they've gone out of business. Not sure if that's who you mean or if New Helvetia was also importing them.

Dan, there's an ad in the November-December 2003 issue of Law Enforcement Product News for LEO only AR mags from NHM Co. 2215 "J" Street, Sacramento, CA 95816.

Their phone is 800-704-4867.

Sounds like the company you're looking for....give 'em a call.

Where on your receiver is the marking?

FFL/C&R
    Thank you so much Jack19 I will call them today!!!

+ Reply to Thread