UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to build an Uzi pistol ?

How to build an Uzi pistol ?

Ok guys im in the great state of CA lol...and i want to build an Uzi pistol. So are there kits out there ? What type of receiver would I use ? If you would rate it, how complicated is it ? ak hard ? fal hard ?

thanks

p.s I dont want a micro i want a full size carbine , but wil build as pistol...

edit #2 it has to build from a flat or 80% receiver

Are you serious?

There is so much explaining to do in order to answer this question; it's not even funny.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I think if you build an UZI pistol in California you get the death penalty.

Yeah.

It would be easier for him to move to another state and build his "Uzi pistol" from scratch.

Or just buy an IMI pre-ban; after he moves to another state.

hmm who said building an uzi pistol is illegal ?

guys read up CA laws before bashing them , we can own AK'S AR'S FAL'S CETMES BELTFETS...just read the laws and get around them

That flys in the face of virtually everything I have read on various forums for the past decade.

Ehhhhh......

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline222
    That flys in the face of virtually everything I have read on various forums for the past decade.

Ehhhhh......
    thats actually the sad part...alot of people bash on us and call us this and that..when really were a huge gun toting state and it really frustrates us when people wont sell us stuff even though ITS PERFECTLY LEGAL WITH IN LAW to sell to us...and it is up to US in CA to know how to make our rifles CA legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frijolito1988
    it is up to US in CA to know how to make our rifles CA legal.
    Exactly- Unless it was made in 1938; 99.9% of pistols and rifles are not CA legal when they leave the factory; thus illegal when they cross the CA state line.

Tell us how a "Uzi pistol" can be made CA legal. Then we may tell you where you will not find a kit, and how you could build one.

Exactly- Unless it was made in 1938; 99.9% of pistols and rifles are not CA legal when they leave the factory; thus illegal when they cross the CA state line.

Tell us how a "Uzi pistol" can be made CA legal. Then we may tell you where you will not find a kit, and how you could build one.
    Yes almost all rifle are illegal as from the factory , which is why we ask that you ship it with out the pistol grip attached or any other evil feature, so that when it reaches our FFL they install a magazine lock and 10 round magazines....its easy as that.

now how to make an uzi CA legal...heres how we in ca , have ak pistols, ar pisto, fal pistol ,

If i BUY a comple AR pistol...simple I must install a bobsled allowing it to be single shot only with a locked 10 round magazine. after drosin the rifle i am FREE to take the bob sled off making it a semi auto i still must use the magazine lock and 10 rounders...

heres what i mean by magazine lock , we have radlocks and bullet buttons which lock the magazine in place and i cannot detach the magazine with out a "tool"...well that tool can be a bullet and it takes about 2 more seconds than a normal detachable magazine would be...yup that is it that is a magazine lock

heres how to build on ...

example if i were to build an ak pisol

i must buy a romy g kit, buy a flat, buy 922r parts, and magazine lock

i build the flat , cut down the barrel to about 10 inches and assemble the kit and bam i have an ak pistol with 10 round magazine and lock...

I must then engrave my information on the receiver...and get this I DONT HAVE TO REGISTER IT theres no law in CA that says i have to register it, i only have to register it if i wanna sell it...if i wanna sell it i must put a serial number on it, install a bob sled and then dros it to an individual..

now youve heard me say bobsled twice, its a tool you put on the pistol to make it a single shot, it must be single shot because that is the way to go AROUND the CA safegun list...if its a single shot pistol it is EXEMPT...

any questions ?

I am aware of what it takes to own a said semiautomatic firearm in California.

Here is what you did wrong:

You said: "I live in CA and want to build an Uzi pistol."

You should have said: "I live in CA and want to build a CA LEGAL Uzi Pistol."

Just looking out. A lot of folks chime in here that don't know their ass from a hole in the wall and are looking to get themselves in trouble; but not you.

Anyways bro. Unless I am mistaken, I am sure that it will be hard if not impossible to find an Uzi Pistol kit unless you are lucky on www.gunbroker.com.

Personally; I don't know much about a pistol build, but I am sure someone here would love to enlighten you. It's just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Deadline222; 09-11-2008 at 05:48 PM.

I am aware of what it takes to own a said semiautomatic firearm in California.

Here is what you did wrong:

You said: "I live in CA and want to build an Uzi pistol."

You shoudl have said: "I live in CA and want to build a CA LEGAL Uzi Pistol."

Just looking out. A lot of folks chime in here that don't know their ass from a hole in the wall and are looking to get themselves in trouble; but not you.

Anyways bro. Unless I am mistaken, I am sure that it will be hard if not impossible to find an Uzi Pistol kit unless you are lucky on www.gunbroker.com.

Personally; I don't know much about a Pistol build, but I am sure someone here would love to enlighten you. It's just a matter of time.
    yeah i understand, if its gonna be about $800, i think im better of building an AR PISTOL , but i dont have any idea of how the uzi market is

Administrator
    Frijolito, I see our head of the welcome wagon has been here to greet you!

There's some information in the UZI Talk library here about building a Mini UZI. There is a lot of detail there about cutting the receiver and top cover down to size that you wouldn't have to worry about with a full size pistol, but many of the other issues are the same. It might give you some insight into how much work it would be. To anyone that asks about building, we always warn people that it ends up being cheaper buying a ready made Vector pistol, but them that avenue not being available at the moment, building is becoming more interesting.

that build actualy looks pretty staight forward and since i want to build a full size uzi it should be easier...im gonna keep on searching for build write ups, but if anyone has one post it up! lol

Actualy I think it myght be easier to just trade one of my rifles for one lol check out this thread

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...547#post318547

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.
    What id do now ?

I figure these guys wont necessarly want to part out with uzi's specially since vector is going out of business

Personally; as far as the pistol build, I think you want the border-line impossible from any type of cost effective point of view.

Some of us would hate you; but? You COULD purchase an IMI pistol out of state for whatever one goes for out there. Have it taken apart to meet CA laws and have it shipped over state lines to your FFL per federal law. I assume you could then find a way to fix a 10 round magazine or make some sort of "tool needing thing" for the magazine release on the Uzi pistol's lower?

Aren't Uzis banned by NAME in California?

As far as a carbine I feel it would be prudant to also seek an out of state sale. Take a 10 round mag with you and maybe a modified lower with a blocked mag installed prior to the purchase....?

I dunno? You seem "desperate"?

How much do you depend on your lifestyle in California?

Ever consider moving?
    Last edited by Deadline222; 09-11-2008 at 07:32 PM.

the only uzi baned in CA is the imi uzi, everything else is fair game as long as it meets the oal requirements...and no im not desperate...just an uzi is a gun ive always wanted and i have 3 AK's so i wouldent mind trading one for an UZI.

As far as shipping the uzi into CA all that is needed is dissasembly...sendin the receiver to my FFL and the parts to me I dros the receiver, then pick it up and it is up to ME to assemble the uzi correctly and it will be MY fault if i dont and reconstruct and AW.

OR

Have the seller ship the uzi to a sponsor FFL who is in michigan ( free state) then the ffl in michigan knows the laws in ca and will put a lock on the uzi and put a 10 rounder and pin/weld the folding stock open to meet 30'' OAL , and he will charge VERY little ( this is how i got a Polish tantal from out of state)

and about the whole magazine thing , i could still own them as rebuild kit , the seller dissasembles them i get them and i build them to hold only ten rounds by either epoxy or rivet them to hold 10 rounds/ but still have the visual efffect that it can hold 30 or 20

UM? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=109392455 I assume this is a legal firearm in CA for whatever reason?

Or....

Go to an out of state gun show: http://www.gunshows-usa.com/

Since you can't have a pre-89 IMI of any type, you'll have to settle for a Norinco 320 or a Vector.

Find one and do what you gotta do to make it California legal before you return home.

Problem solved?

If you are bent on a build; have you ever built a firearm before? Welding, stamping, milling, turing, heat treating; not so much placing an FCG in an AR-15 receiver.
    Last edited by Deadline222; 09-11-2008 at 08:10 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Frijolito1988
    Yes almost all rifle are illegal as from the factory , which is why we ask that you ship it with out the pistol grip attached or any other evil feature, so that when it reaches our FFL they install a magazine lock and 10 round magazines....its easy as that.

now how to make an uzi CA legal...heres how we in ca , have ak pistols, ar pisto, fal pistol ,

If i BUY a comple AR pistol...simple I must install a bobsled allowing it to be single shot only with a locked 10 round magazine. after drosin the rifle i am FREE to take the bob sled off making it a semi auto i still must use the magazine lock and 10 rounders...

heres what i mean by magazine lock , we have radlocks and bullet buttons which lock the magazine in place and i cannot detach the magazine with out a "tool"...well that tool can be a bullet and it takes about 2 more seconds than a normal detachable magazine would be...yup that is it that is a magazine lock

heres how to build on ...

example if i were to build an ak pisol

i must buy a romy g kit, buy a flat, buy 922r parts, and magazine lock

i build the flat , cut down the barrel to about 10 inches and assemble the kit and bam i have an ak pistol with 10 round magazine and lock...

I must then engrave my information on the receiver...and get this I DONT HAVE TO REGISTER IT theres no law in CA that says i have to register it, i only have to register it if i wanna sell it...if i wanna sell it i must put a serial number on it, install a bob sled and then dros it to an individual..

now youve heard me say bobsled twice, its a tool you put on the pistol to make it a single shot, it must be single shot because that is the way to go AROUND the CA safegun list...if its a single shot pistol it is EXEMPT...

any questions ?

Oh brother..... I can't figure out why anyone would bash those laws either......... Seems so simple.......
    "Never be haughty to the humble, or humble to the haughty."--- Jefferson Davis

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
    (Psalms 14:1a, 53:1a in the Bible)

RDRCM # 26

+ Reply to Thread