UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two Types of S&W 76 Factory "Production" Mags

Somebody please hell me! I bought (2) MODEL 76 mags in wrapper. But they are 20 rounds and no markings on the bottom! Did i get ripped off??

Quote Originally Posted by panzerlah View Post
    Somebody please hell me! I bought (2) MODEL 76 mags in wrapper. But they are 20 rounds and no markings on the bottom! Did i get ripped off??
    I could be wrong but I do not think they would be OEM mags. I think the originals only came in 36 round. Again, some one else may know otherwise.

Kevin

UZI Talk Life Member
    "Daschle and Herseth Free" South Dakota...Johnson's next!!
    There were some factory 15's available. Maybe that's what you have.
    Renounced NRA Lifer

Tax paying, law abiding, gun toting, life loving, GOD fearing
    RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST

Usual Suspect

UZI Talk Supporter

yeah factory 15s are few and far between.....hows about some pics? include the wrapping too

Hey friends! Im back after a long absence.. Little shaken cause i found out I will be getting laid off soon
    Anyway, here is a picture.. Bought them of G/B a few months ago. The wrapping looks like factory. I returned them. The dealer was a nice enough to give me a full refund. The story was that he got them from an someone that used to work @ the S&W factory.
    How do i attach a jpeg to this forum????

I purchased a magazine described as a factory S & W 36 round mag. However, the floor plate did not have the 9mm CTG markings/stamping. According to the information I have found here in the past it would be a MK760 mag. Anyone ever see a S & W M76 mag without the 9mm ctg on the floor plate? The person I bought it from insists it is a authentic S & W mag but was happy to take it back.....

I found a few 36 rounders with the floor plate upside down and when I removed it to clean the magazine there was the S&W 9mm ctg on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucea4 View Post
    I purchased a magazine described as a factory S & W 36 round mag. However, the floor plate did not have the 9mm CTG markings/stamping. According to the information I have found here in the past it would be a MK760 mag. Anyone ever see a S & W M76 mag without the 9mm ctg on the floor plate? The person I bought it from insists it is a authentic S & W mag but was happy to take it back.....
    UPDATE: The seller took the original mag he sold me back and then shipped me a damaged mag with surface rust on it as a replacement. I'm currently waiting for a reply from the seller via Gunbroker. It's been 4 days with no response! I will post here if he doesn't make good on the sale......

+ Reply to Thread